The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is the best option of dealing with Fukushima?  (Read 10138 times)

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
What is the best option of dealing with Fukushima?
« Reply #25 on: 24/03/2011 19:50:14 »

Alex Jones on the radiation leaks his demo with water at 08.47
feature=channel_video_title

Ah, that Alex Jones! A conspiracy theorist nutter who believes that the "Bohemian Grove" club sacrifices children and worships Satan.

I don't think I'll bother with this thread.

Oh you know what they get up to a Bohemian Grove? Be sure many of the cults out in this world, are satanic. The entire idea of hiding in the shaddows is completly, un-Jewish, christian, or Muslim, or Hindu. Most of the cults are I think you'll find are very ungodly!

So you run along newbie
« Last Edit: 24/03/2011 19:53:42 by Wiybit »

Offline assimilated

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24/03/2011 20:00:27 »
I need to remind you that the most religious of people His Holiness the Pope gets elected and does most of his business behind closed doors and the Vatican library is inaccessible and locked to nearly all individuals. But that's going off topic and all I can say is when people on a forum resort to name calling then its because thy have already lost the argument.

Now, I'm going as I have an effigy to burn!

Online Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24/03/2011 20:13:13 »
OK, never mind who you cite.
You say a million died because of Chernobyl.
For the sake of this debate let's accept that figure.
You also say that the  latest problem in Japan is worse.
In order for you to be sure that's true there must be more than a million dead in Japan.

Do you really believe that, or had you just not thought it through?
Ten Hiroshimas worth of deaths in a couple of weeks and they are keeping it a secret?

Incidentally, I didn't reference a book. I cited an on-line copy of an article and I used a figure of speech.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24/03/2011 20:43:45 »
OK, never mind who you cite.
You say a million died because of Chernobyl.
For the sake of this debate let's accept that figure.
You also say that the  latest problem in Japan is worse.
In order for you to be sure that's true there must be more than a million dead in Japan.

Do you really believe that, or had you just not thought it through?
Ten Hiroshimas worth of deaths in a couple of weeks and they are keeping it a secret?

No we are talking longer term effects those currently suffering radiation poisioning will take a few weeks to die. How many are going to get cancer? the radiation is spreading to other counties. That million figure is from the time of Chenobyl to today or till 2004, in all countries effected.

So if this is worse and it's possible that more radiation has been released already. We don't know how this will pan out, but going by Chenobyl we do not need to see a million people dead.

It appears that you are saying "I'll will wait 20 years or so and then when the death toll hits a million I'll say 'ok it was a bad as Chenobyl'" Your thinking appears kinda off.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24/03/2011 20:47:59 »
I need to remind you that the most religious of people His Holiness the Pope gets elected and does most of his business behind closed doors and the Vatican library is inaccessible and locked to nearly all individuals. But that's going off topic and all I can say is when people on a forum resort to name calling then its because thy have already lost the argument.

Now, I'm going as I have an effigy to burn!

Not name calling- you are a newbie.

What arguement? What Arguement, that Alex Jones is a conspricy nut, he might be about somethings but at the same time he does reseach and backs many of his claims, with media and science sourses.

So what ever.

Oh P.S In terms of name calling the first thing you did was name call Alex jones a "Conspricy nut" In terms of hypocracy not bad going. What, did you you join just to cause probs?

You also missed the point I was making.
« Last Edit: 24/03/2011 21:24:03 by Wiybit »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 24/03/2011 22:51:34 »
OK. This thread is going nowhere.

It's locked.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #30 on: 24/03/2011 22:51:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums