The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The Mafia and their philosophy...  (Read 28043 times)

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
The Mafia and their philosophy...
« Reply #75 on: 14/05/2011 21:37:37 »
So fear not for "the market that's fake anyway" to quote Bill Hicks.

And the slug can be a bit more of a snail for a time.

Just to look at gold, we know they have over sold it to keep the price down.

As an analogy there is one bar of gold that exists but they have sold ten bars, therefore 9 are fantasy- therefore the actual price of that one bar is? A lot higher. But how can you be sure you are buying into the one bar and not into a fake one? That is the dilemma. So I think until people have trust, the price will fall even though we know gold should be way over the price it is- but what will happen with all the fake stuff?  

The banks do not want this to be fixed, they want to sell even more crap and rip you all off even more.
« Last Edit: 14/05/2011 22:25:29 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 14/05/2011 21:40:58 »
Wiybit,

I think it's important for you to realize that just because you are paranoid, it does not mean they aren't out to get you.

When did I say that? on here? But they might be after monday  :)

BTW, if you are so sure about all this stuff, how come you have not been able to apply your vast knowledge to manipulate the system and make a boatload of money yourself?

Because I'm not interested, I will ofcourse help the people to not get soo ripped off, by the greedy idiots that have been(ripping them off), Time they gave a little back I think.(yes yes I cant call the button trading masters of the universes idiots)
« Last Edit: 14/05/2011 22:52:17 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 14/05/2011 21:49:10 »
No one is allowed to watch this vid till monday morning

« Last Edit: 14/05/2011 21:51:56 by Wiybit »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 14/05/2011 21:50:53 »

Because I'm not interested,

I don't think so. I think you are very interested, otherwise you would not spend so much time on this.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 14/05/2011 22:00:05 »

Because I'm not interested,

I don't think so. I think you are very interested, otherwise you would not spend so much time on this.

I am interested in the truth of the system, the realities of it, how those in power exploit, how the people are being ripped of by the banks, how this system is being desinged to colapse. But I'm not interested in playing the market to make money. Maybe one day I would play it, but even then- 

Luke 16.13 "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

I still like game... :) I mean check the localll.
« Last Edit: 14/05/2011 22:14:26 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 14/05/2011 22:33:31 »

I just love the names: Animal kingdom, Nero, master of hounds, shackelford..... Pants on fire, decisive moment.... Mucho macho man....
« Last Edit: 14/05/2011 22:36:53 by Wiybit »

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 15/05/2011 12:22:04 »
Wiybit, did you see the BBC programme by Robert Peston "Britain's Banks: Too Big to Save?" This was a very good interpretation of the problems with the banks and how it occurred. It was shown a couple of months ago and it is not available on Iplayer anymore, but if you can find it elsewhere it is definitely worth watching.

Generally, I think I can see your train of thought from the philosophy of mafias through to that of bankers, which seemed, initially, far fetched. Where I agree with the concept (I'm sure you will tell me if I'm wrong) is that societies will throw up stable sub-groups with their own codes of behaviour, whose behaviour will be for their member's mutual benefit. That this behaviour can be to the detriment of other groups within the society, or in some way judged immoral from our perspective, is not vital to whether such a regime will survive unless other competing sub-groups emerge that can provide an alternative stable system and also have the power to change the status quo. In physics, it is a similar problem to annealing a crystal where you need to shake up the lattice in order to find a configuration with fewer defects. This does not mean that all moral codes are equivalent though, which I thought you were implying. I like to think, that as with a crystal there is a trend towards the perfectly regular lattice, that there is an overall tendancy towards the betterment of everybody even if this means things getting worse for a time.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
Royal Chess, a new game of Chess any suggestions?
« Reply #82 on: 15/05/2011 14:41:46 »
OK so about a year and a half ago I thought this game up, or designed it, and haven't really thought about it much since.

So basically it's Chess, with two new pieaces, orginally I called it 'Princes chess' as I added two princes, then I thought about having two Princesses, and finally have decided to have one princess and one prince.

The board is therefore 10 x 10 squares, the prince sits next to the queen, and the princess next to the king.

And I added an extra row of pawns behind, the main pieces, giving 30 pieces total for each colour 20 pawns, two castles, two knights, two bishops, one prince, one queen, one princess and one king. And so called in royal Chess as it has a family, rather than just a king an queen with no kids.

As for the rear row of pawns they can jump on first move and move three spaces to the fount, or they can sit back and protect the rear, other wise all the rules remain the same.

So I think the Princess should move as a queen but be limited, so move just half the amount as she is still growing up, so the princess moves like a queen but only five squares.

I am having trouble with the prince tho, because Princes' can be dappy, they can also be brilliant, and the pieace need to reflect that, I was thinking like a horse but on the diagonals, but I think that might be too much. 

So any suggestions for how the Prince should move?

As always I give my ideas to mankind, therefore the IP is mine you thieving toe rags. :) It's a game and belongs to everyone as far as I am concerned. 
« Last Edit: 15/05/2011 14:44:04 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 15/05/2011 14:49:27 »
MONEY ::)

I have invented a few games acutally, and I'm currently thinking about a new one, hence why I have put the chess one up, the others are a bit more techonological and stuff, so there not so easy to explain in a post.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 15/05/2011 15:13:04 »
And I did think about having both two princes and two princesses, but that's a 12 by 12 board, or a 12 by 10. and It's too big really.

By going 10 by 10 you end up with a same game play situation more or less in line with original chess, and four spaces to hold in the middle, between the two rows of black and white pawns.

Oh and I also thought about the prince moving like a knight on the diagonals, but then being able to sit anywhere on a kings foot print. To say that the prince could move to that square, 3 diagonals along and one to the side, that becomes the central square and the prince can therefore sit anywhere around that- but takes like a king.

Could also making it a mix of a bishop and a king, The prince hops diagonally two squares and the third becomes the central square of the king footprint.

See my point there are lots of ways to get the pieace to move, and actually I think part of the reason I posted this is because maybe over time the players will figure it out. 
« Last Edit: 15/05/2011 15:29:31 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 15/05/2011 15:30:58 »
If you cannot think of a good way for the prince to move, you could suggest a movement for the princess. 

If not What is your prefered Chess colour? Can you guess mine?

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 15/05/2011 15:50:48 »
Wiybit, did you see the BBC programme by Robert Peston "Britain's Banks: Too Big to Save?" This was a very good interpretation of the problems with the banks and how it occurred. It was shown a couple of months ago and it is not available on Iplayer anymore, but if you can find it elsewhere it is definitely worth watching.

Thanks I'll check it out, hey plenty of people have been going on and on about how the banks should never have been bailed out, generally by people that actually believe in non fascist free market economics, sadly the fascists are in charge- it's their way or the high way and they are dictating, the IMF is not an independent organisation and it's advice to countries is in line with the banks agenda.
Which also makes complete sense as the IMF will be in charge of a new global currency basket unit- that is being proposed- they are a totally biased party in this, it's in their interest to ruin the dollar and crush other currencies and then get control of the new world reserve currency.

Generally, I think I can see your train of thought from the philosophy of mafias through to that of bankers, which seemed, initially, far fetched.

Fraud is there business today, they even call many of their products "CRAP" and "sh1t". They are professionally devious, they seek to rip off everyone- your a mug to buy it in their opinion, so it's your fault for being stupid- Mervin king has already criticised this attitude, not that the banking culture is going to change, its too much part of that world today.

Where I agree with the concept (I'm sure you will tell me if I'm wrong) is that societies will throw up stable sub-groups with their own codes of behaviour, whose behaviour will be for their member's mutual benefit. That this behaviour can be to the detriment of other groups within the society, or in some way judged immoral from our perspective, is not vital to whether such a regime will survive unless other competing sub-groups emerge that can provide an alternative stable system and also have the power to change the status quo.

But the banks have media support, from their other corporate friends, the politicians in their pocket, only the people and market players that believe in the free market system can really oppose them, the other smaller banks they have bought up, hedge funds could buy them and break them and sell them, but they are all under investigation by the FBI in America at the moment- I wonder why? Do you know why the FBI was set up? To stop bank robbers.  :) Capitalism, the rule of the capitalist.

In physics, it is a similar problem to annealing a crystal where you need to shake up the lattice in order to find a configuration with fewer defects. This does not mean that all moral codes are equivalent though, which I thought you were implying.

Of course I wasn't, I believe in God, But one group to another you can simply see differences to how they behave based upon their morals- both are bad in their way, societies change accordingly.   

I like to think, that as with a crystal there is a trend towards the perfectly regular lattice, that there is an overall tendancy towards the betterment of everybody even if this means things getting worse for a time.

No because those in power refuse to allow that. Kinda like, that they do not want too much technology in crime fighting, as they'll get caught, so only when they have a means of manipulating it, will it be allowed, then they can avoid persecution while being able to frame others- all about power and nothing to do with betterment.

The powers that be do not frame people? History tells a horrible story, just look at the guildford four, what about all the others you do not know about. I tell you now when the powers that be have it in for you, you have to move heaven and earth to not get screwed- even then they'll screw you.

Looking at the guildford four, they knew they were innocent, and forth tooth and nail to keep them locked up- these people care nothing for justice, if the people are shown innocent, they get a slap on the wrist but no promotion or maybe the sack- please see the sickness. They must be seen to do no wrong, when it's often all they do. 

Anyone been prosecuted for what happened with the guildford four? or any of the other we could mention? No, why? because it's a standard practice and they all look out for each other.

You can't prosecute the bosses, they are entitled to be criminal, they like James Bond, have a "licence to kill".

P.S any of them reading this will be having a? Tanterum, it's not the implication, it's the idea they might go to prison some day- I mean that's an insult to them, entitlement now, entitlement- this post dares to suggest, that they are not entitled to be criminal.
« Last Edit: 15/05/2011 17:00:49 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 15/05/2011 16:49:01 »
Remember:-

What kinda of people give those names anyway? 'Mucho macho mans' owner was a woman I think, not sure about "brilliant speed", "disco never died they just changed the name" Dale Winton.
« Last Edit: 15/05/2011 16:52:48 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 15/05/2011 17:17:53 »
Ouu he's so dead it's unbelievable :P Sticks out toung.

When the banks refuse to give you actual gold, know your paper certificate is only worth fiat currency.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 15/05/2011 17:39:09 »
And please do note the problem of IP, anywhere you go in the world today, all types of people play Chess, and you can buy all kinds of chess bourds made by all kinds of people, if you put IP on that then one savage can stand up and say "only people I allow can make a chess bourd, for I own Chess the game"

Just see how rediculas it is, how stupid, how ignorant, and for what? Power and money, sad! Very sad! Ruin the lives of millions, so they can own the game! Patheic pure and simple.

Which is why as I say as the creator of 'Royal chess' "I give it to the world", and anyone who wants to make it, sell it, and play it- can. The scale? Which is better for mankind? The coporate wanna own everything tyrant? or the person that thinks about others? 
« Last Edit: 15/05/2011 17:41:25 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 15/05/2011 17:54:16 »
How much you wanna bet that some corporate isnt already looking at this game and trying to take the IP on it? It was a year and a half ago in switerland I thought it up, and I did mildly discuss it with a few people, not the whole thing but the general idea of it, maybe that filtered through already and some coporate tried to take it.

What else might they try to get IP for? Cricket? you can only play with a corporate licence? They'll have police arresting and fineing children for playing cricket in the park with no licence?

Put nothing past these people, they are obsessed with getting cash how ever they can.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 15/05/2011 17:56:29 »
Corporate rule:- "Your under arrest for singing happy birthday without a licence"

All works under this lie that if everything is owned by someone, then they'll be no problems, as someone will have responsibility over it, and it's rubbish.

Just as the chess suggestion, IP over chess potencially could lead to only one manufacture being allowed to make the game, people only being allowed to play with a licence- just so the owner of the IP can get every penny possible. This promote civilisation? No it promotes tyranny, and persecution- for nothing more than living your life, and in the case of chess trying to have fun.

If this system does not end, it's only going to get more tyranical.

And it's worse as those with ownership can do what they want with it, the owner of a Chess IP could ban the game- "they'd never do that too much money in it"- maybe but they could, what if they are a multi-billionaire and do not want any more money? Buy the IP and bury it, buy a stream and polute it, do what you want as an owner. A joke this idea of ownership, but it's promoted so that corporate intesrests can buy buy buy, whatever is there. Also tried to get the IP on DNA, and they are seeking that.
« Last Edit: 15/05/2011 18:11:39 by Wiybit »

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 15/05/2011 18:19:23 »
Watch this:- Thom Hartmann of denmocracyville usa

Then what? Because they won't stop, after that they'll be something else to own and then something else and then some thing else

Post by Jolly- Joliver click to view.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 15/05/2011 19:21:47 »
Shrunk
Sorry everyone I have had to come to a cafe as my connection shut down, I cant for some reason access my post on Royal chess

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 15/05/2011 19:23:37 »
Shrunk
Geezer Why has the thread you moved dis-appeared? Royal Chess thread? I dont mind you moving it.

Post by Geezer click to view.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 15/05/2011 19:29:31 »
Shrunk
It has not disappeared. As it was another political rant, it has been merged with this thread.

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 15/05/2011 19:38:28 »
Shrunk
It has not disappeared. As it was another political rant, it has been merged with this thread.

No the main thread was about an idea for a chess game?

Do you mean to say if I give a "political rant" in your oppinion on a thread about shopping or a thread about psyics you'll merge it here too?

Doesnt make sense.

I have faith as always, but still, leaving it seperate makes more sense, to me, than mergeing it with a thread about the mafia and their philosophy. even thou me and graham have moved onto banks and cults at times

Offline Jolly- Joliver

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 15/05/2011 19:41:13 »
Shrunk
And geezer you have merged it all jumbled up.

Offline graham.d

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 15/05/2011 20:17:07 »
I totally agree about the inequities of society; I can also agree that there are self interested groups maintaining their own positions. Where I do not agree is that there is a grand conspiracy that ties these things together, except in some general concept of maintaining the status quo. I think you argue quite well the case for such systems developing without the need for such conspiracies, yet then seem to then promote this idea. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #98 on: 15/05/2011 20:17:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums