The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What are the consequences of weather-engineering?  (Read 10121 times)

Offline frethack

• View Profile
What are the consequences of weather-engineering?
« Reply #25 on: 16/05/2011 18:01:54 »
I realise there are better scientific paper search engines - but this one is easily accessible. If it has missed any academic papers please post links.

At present the case does not rest as proven - and no proof has been given to be torn up. 

No worries imatfaal, I checked on Web of Science, which IS a comprehensive search engine (google scholar is still very good) and still no hits on C. E. Carnicom.  Nada...zilch...nothing.

Chemtrails are likely just contrails, made more visible by increases in atmospheric water vapor due to warming.  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Offline Woman Made Scientist

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16/05/2011 18:52:59 »
Your back round is important. Google Carnicom Institute, scientific evidence is all there. Who knows, you might be one of the people doing weather modication to his or her own way. Obviously you are afraid of people knowing to the point of hiding who you are and trying to tear up truths about clear cut evidence that is truthfully obvious.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16/05/2011 21:04:07 »
Oh you misunderstand W-M-S - I have googled Carnicom, and I have spent an instructive time looking through various parts of the site, and I have yet to see any proof.  I did not see anything that I would categorise as a scientific paper.

I post under a user-name because I am a director of public company and I do not want anyone to link my views as expressed in an off-the-cuff manner on the internet with those views of the company, my fellow directors, and the shareholders.  

And we have still to see a single link to a single independent academic paper/article/letter.

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16/05/2011 21:08:16 »
See Carnicom Institute for evidence. No intellectual could ever believe your description of criss cross, etc... when evidence of weather modification is  right on top of your head.
There is the spacing issue of jet aircraft.
As well as the drift of the clouds.  So, if two airplanes took the exact same course 10 minutes separated, the jet trails will drift, and not overlap.

What a conspiracy theory.
A top secret plan to make visible clouds.
And not tell anybody about it.

The Jet Trails are just that.  Primarily condensation of water vapor in the exhaust.  And, certainly we've had them in the sky for my entire life.  Nothing new there.  

Certainly any cloud seeding (getting rid of clouds) would be on a very small scale such as the Russian plan to reduce snow in Moscow, or the Chinese plan to have clear weather for the Beijing Olympics.

Offline Woman Made Scientist

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16/05/2011 21:30:25 »
Well it does not take a genius to see who is covering constantly the truth and trying to make it into some thing that it is the opposite of. You boys are clearly involved.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16/05/2011 21:42:47 »
Please stop this nonsense, archiveX have a higher entertainment value than this. Seeding clouds to make rain is a thing some countries have tried, finding it a not especially trustworthy technique if I remember right. I think Russia tried it once, don't remember why, maybe in connection to the Chernobyl accident? To fell out particles from the air??

Anyway, as I remember it's not very trustworthy even though those using it constantly will defend it, naturally :) We humans work from dough, and there is quite some dough involved for those promoting this kind of ideas. Geoengineering from a global perspective doesn't exist. From a Jules Verne perspective I would love to see it though :) although I shudder for the consequences. This world is an incredibly fine tuned instrument, constantly interacting and feeding on its own interactions, creating a balanced non-linearity that actually keeps us alive. Then we come, newly down from the trees thinking we 'know it all', not unlike all adolescents.

We can't Geoengineer, not on any scale that matters, unless we're talking food, exploiting and refining resources. But that we do at the same instinctive level as bacteria seem do take care of itself. It's called survival, and also 'greed' when it comes to humans. We can't even live in peace in our own homes, can we? Take a look at the small arm wars around you. And you expect us to have the power, and consensus, to change a earth??

America may be the cradle of modern hard SF, but that's it, Geoengineering as a consensual way do not exist yet, and if we ever comes to it I doubt we would throw into it without very good reasons, and, it would need a consensus from all nations existing, at least the majority of them. Nobody owns this world, we're just transients in Earth's history. Maybe we will find a way to stay longer than the geological upheavals we can see historically depicted, but if they are right this world will in some hundred thousand years make a clean house, again, and start anew.

Simply expressed. We're not the crown of existence, never was, never will be. But we have curiosity, and history, and some of us try to learn from it.

Give me a break, will'ya.

« Last Edit: 17/05/2011 01:06:03 by yor_on »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16/05/2011 22:01:42 »
I'm not sure what your goal is WMS, you sound really upset!

But you just can't control everything by simply STOPPING it.

If that startegy had been used, from the begining with everything, we'd maybe live to median age of 30 yrs old.

Medicine, modifies nature. If I didn't have blood pressure meds I'd be dead by now. If we had stopped the use of medicine, surgery, materials developement, technology and science because it disrupts the natureal flow of nature, we'd be in a horrendous state.

I'm no scientist, and know very little of weather systems, for all I know, we're doing a terrible job.... but that's not the reason to condemn it. There may well be good potential if we are allowed to learn from our mistakes and develop a technology that extends and betters the life of millions.

Now would be the time to develop, while there are still many more aircraft con-trails than chem trails in the air.

If you want to help, work at bettering the system, in a scientific way, not tearing it down....

Much more can be done "working WITH the system".

I don't think we're here for tearing things down!

« Last Edit: 16/05/2011 22:03:54 by daveman »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16/05/2011 22:06:00 »
I think the Carnicom Institute has received more than enough free publicity from this thread. As WMS has presented no credible evidence to support the claims, I'm locking the thread.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #32 on: 16/05/2011 22:06:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums