The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: karma - does it exist?  (Read 6022 times)

Offline free4440273

• View Profile
karma - does it exist?
« on: 07/04/2006 11:03:24 »
'what goes around comes around...'. really? it never seems that way, does it???

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Re: karma - does it exist?
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/2006 15:23:18 »
I think it if you look at it study it you will find it all works out that way.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

Offline ariel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/04/2006 00:53:46 »
I think karma definitely exists :]

ariel

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #3 on: 12/04/2006 01:36:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by ariel

I think karma definitely exists :]

ariel

Hello ariel you beautiful lady you, what I will do is make an extra special effort to be nice to everyone from now until Friday when i buy my lottery ticket and hopefully come saturday afternoon if your correct(which i hope you are :)) and karma does in fact exist i will share some of my good fortune with. ;):)

ps your sooooo lovely:)

Michael
« Last Edit: 12/04/2006 01:38:46 by ukmicky »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/04/2006 02:04:24 »
I think it does.  Everytime I do something nice, it always comes back around to me.  For instance, one time I donated $20 for something.  The next day I was given a gift of $2,000.00.

Just yesterday, I lovingly laughed at hubby when he tripped.  Today, he picked me up for lunch.  His truck sits pretty high off the ground, so I had to put my hand on the door and kind of jump in.  I jumped too high and hit my head on the door jamb.  Then we went to a new, crowded restaurant.  Since parking was limited, he dropped me off up front.  When I got out of his truck, I guess I forgot how high it was and I fell out, on my arse, in front of everyone. Everyone applauded! I just got up, dusted myself off, bowed and walked in. So yes, I think it definately exists.  

I think I'll follow Michaels lead and be kind and generous to everyone, at least until they have the lottery drawing or it makes me nauseous.

Carolyn

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #5 on: 12/04/2006 21:52:52 »
Oh no!  Say it isn't so!!!  I have been a terrible patient since I have been home!!! I don't think I will sneak out tonight and will starve from desiring tortilla soup at Cafe Brazil...I have been annoyed with mom not getting exercise...I can't, per Dr.'s orders...yikes...is this Karma?  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline ariel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14/04/2006 16:06:35 »
Haha good thinking ;)
My experience of karma exisitng has always been in bad karma haha...but that will hopefully change :)
To everyone: I Love You All,  Have a Super Wonderful Day, Be Happy, Win that Money!

what goes around comes around...hmm

Ok everyone....
Win even more money, go on vacations, eat some delicious food, meet your favorite celebrity, perhaps get your internet working
:]

Hope that karma doesn't recognize greed ;) haha

ariel

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15/04/2006 00:05:50 »
geez, karma does exist...I left with my sister and mother tagged along...i was upset that she came with us as I wanted some alone time after being around her 7days a week and 24hrs a day...we left and came back...locked out of my condo..mother should've been here as we would not have been locked out..so to test how i feel after surgery...i decided to climb one (God, my doctor would kill me if had seen this. :-(  I found the door open!  Hooray!  I didn't hurt myself climbing over the rose trellis nor the fence...this part was the good karma...I should've been nice and invited mom!  I have to try to be good the rest of the world for the next week!

"Lo" Loretta

another_someone

« Reply #8 on: 15/04/2006 01:27:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by ariel
Win that Money!

Win even more money,

Might be far more likely if I were to place the bet first, but since I don't gamble, the only chance of my winning any money is if someone else placed the bet on my behalf, and neglected to tell me about it :D

quote:

go on vacations,

Would help if I won the money first :D

quote:

meet your favorite celebrity

I think this crosses over with the topic on hero worship another thing I don't do I know, I'm boring :)

quote:

perhaps get your internet working

Ah, now that's more like it :)

Well, my internet is working, but there are 101 other things I still have to get working yet (or, at least, I would like to get working).

George

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15/04/2006 11:37:51 »
There are many way to deal with bad Karma. You can simply pay the debt which is what most people do. They suffer the pain in there lives till it all played back. If you believe in reincarnation then it can take many lives to do this. Another method is to turn it into learning. By asking yourself what can I learn from every aspect of what you are going through including the suffering itself. Finally you can transcend it altogether by mediation and completely break free of it altogether, forever. You finally are free of identifying yourself with the pain or desires that is the source of all suffering all bad Karma.

« Last Edit: 15/04/2006 11:39:30 by Hadrian »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16/04/2006 12:10:45 »
Good Advice Hadrian!  But I am very stubborn and hardheaded...(darn German side of me)  I am learning this is true...I am not repeating the same scenarios ever.  But since suffering is not an option for me at the moment(recovering from major surgery)I am mostly out of my mind either in la la land or thinking evil thoughts towards all people who have to be 110% of extra sweet...I will meditate on that thought so I can get free on it once I take my darvocet and see if I can go back to sleep since boyfriend woke me up from across the world!  I am trying to be nice and extremely nice to all right now..okay, no one has yet awakened..so they are safe and I am successful!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline daveshorts

• Neilep Level Member
  • Physics, Experiments
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chaosscience.org.uk
« Reply #11 on: 16/04/2006 12:52:06 »
Good things happen to people, and bad things happen to people quite often. If you believed in karma, after you have done a good/bad thing, wouldn't you wait for a good/bad thing to attribute to it? If there is no time constraint enevitably one will turn up... or you will forget the orignal karma altering event of course.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18/04/2006 10:59:23 »
I definitely believe and know it happens...I usually know when i have done something honery....something will come back and visit me...one time i laughed at girlfriend for tripping and 2 days later i slipped down 3 stairs and remembered what i had done to her...i hurt my knee by tripping over cords, boss,2 co-workers made fun of me hobbling around within a week aa had hurt themselves, boss ended up with crutches right beside me.  she said she wae not going 2 make fun of me again!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19/04/2006 15:49:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by daveshorts

Good things happen to people, and bad things happen to people quite often. If you believed in karma, after you have done a good/bad thing, wouldn't you wait for a good/bad thing to attribute to it? If there is no time constraint enevitably one will turn up... or you will forget the orignal karma altering event of course.

Just do your best, what ever that is right now. Some days I can't meditate at all. Other times I fall into old habits of thinking and judging myself and others. Or making assumptions on how others are thinking. It always hurts me in the end. So I have to forgive myself and my stupid thinking and just accept that my best was not so good today. It doesn't stop me from going on and working to improve my mind and make a best as perfect as I know it can be.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24/04/2006 16:52:00 »
Good Idea Hadrian!  I have been much better about being nicer to people and thus far the sun is still shining...lol

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24/04/2006 20:33:07 »
thanks Loretta. i wll keep you in my thoughts :)

« Last Edit: 24/04/2006 20:33:36 by Hadrian »

Offline free4440273

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26/04/2006 11:55:13 »
i'd rather watch The Shield - vic has his own way of 'sorting stuff out...'.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16 on: 26/04/2006 11:55:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length