The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: ahhh help with my period!  (Read 3800 times)

Offline bli92

• First timers
    • View Profile
ahhh help with my period!
« on: 07/04/2006 20:18:53 »
I've had my period for about half a year now. It started out VERY regular, every 31 days. But around four monthes ago, it started becoming irregular. First it was a week late, then it was a week early.In march, it was regular, but this month, it was a week early! It's irregularly regular! Is this normal? I know irregular period are common during the first two years. But like this?
Please let me know!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 08/04/2006 01:11:28 by ukmicky »

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Re: ahhh help with my period!
« Reply #1 on: 07/04/2006 20:43:17 »
This is likely to be a symptom of something in your lifestyle rather than any underlining problem in you reproductive system. However itís a doctor you should be talking to. If nothing else go for the reassurances of knowing your are fine.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
« Last Edit: 07/04/2006 20:43:41 by Hadrian »

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/04/2006 20:55:09 »
If you've only had your period for 6 months or so, I really don't think you've any need to worry.
I know mine were hopelessly irregular for at least the first two years (anything between 3 and 8 weeks with no apparent pattern) then I got bored of trying to keep an accurate record.

another_someone

« Reply #3 on: 07/04/2006 20:55:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Hadrian
This is likely to be a symptom of something in your lifestyle rather than any underlining problem in you reproductive system. However itís a doctor you should be talking to. If nothing else go for the reassurances of knowing your are fine.

I think it would be something that would be better handled by a doctor, but as the writer mentioned, she has only recently started having periods (I suspect she is 14 years of age), and so things will still be settling down.

George
« Last Edit: 07/04/2006 20:55:51 by another_someone »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #4 on: 07/04/2006 21:00:26 »
Hi bli92 and welcome to the forum

Firstly may i say General Discussion & Feedback/Just chat.  ain't really the place for this question and it really should have been posted in the Physiology & Medicine forum. i hope you don't mind but I will move it their for you in a little while.:)  

Secondly and in answer too your question, yes i believe it is normal in the beginning so don't worry yourself and in fact some women never actually obtain a regular cycle. If you are worried you can always see your doctor for a check up, also most doctors surgeries will allow you to request a female doctor if you get embarressed talking to a man.

Check back later or tommorow an hopefully you will receive a few more replies preferably from a doctor or from one of our many female members who will be able put your mind at rest and explain things a bit better than me.

Michael
« Last Edit: 07/04/2006 21:14:23 by ukmicky »

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: 07/04/2006 21:55:56 »
bli92,
its completley normal, it took me 5 years to fall into a regular cycle, and that was only with the help of birth control. Everyone is right, if you are very worried, see your doctor. Its best to go anyways, after getting your period it is always a good idea to begin pap tests. That way you get used to them and remain on top of your health.

Just give it time or begin a method of birth control to control your cycle. Congratulations on begining the wonderful transition to womanhood :)

-Meg

Offline MayoFlyFarmer

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/wiguyinmn
« Reply #6 on: 08/04/2006 00:41:25 »
if you're new to the menstration game, i wouldn't sweat it.  it will take a while for your body to figure out its own rhythym, and a while longer for you to figure that rhythym out.  you're perfectly normal.  (at least in this aspect [8D])

Are YOUR mice nude? ;)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/04/2006 05:03:11 »
Bli92, Everyone is right, Its normal to be off for awhile. Also remember , stress and being sick with a cold or the flu can also have a hand in setting things off kilter and changing your cycle also. I have found that when I work with a different group of women for a while we soon all begin to get off kilter then bang, we are all cycling at the same time. It is really weird. Go to the doctor if you feel unsure or too worried. They will make sure all is well. If you are sexually active, and I am not insinuating you are, but that, may play a part in messing with a period also. Be careful: A women can still bleed or spot a bit during the first part of a pregnancy also. There are so many things that could cause it, the most significant is that you are just beginning. Relax enjoy yourself and don't worry, ask the doctor, thats what they are there for!
  You may find that if there are other mensturating women in your household that you might be getting in sinc with them.
« Last Edit: 10/04/2006 05:08:05 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 10/04/2006 05:03:11 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums