The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why is there more matter than anti-matter  (Read 4414 times)

Offline McKay

• View Profile
Why is there more matter than anti-matter
« on: 17/06/2011 17:28:12 »
I know. And if I manage to write down my thoughts in a understandable manner it will/ should (does for me, at least) be clear, that it makes absolutely perfect sense [that there is more matter than anti-matter]

So, first thing, to understand this, we must assume that the only thing that really exists is space. We could think of space as sort of super-fluid. Thats all there is. It provides 3 degrees of freedom (3 dimensions) and acts like... you know - space. [as literal, points one can be in and travel to, coordinates, "space pixels" if you may. ] Space is always expanding in 4D (more D?)
Second, all matter and forces, that we perceive, is nothing but fluctuations of this space-fluid. Compressions and stretches of it, providing more "space pixels" in one RELATIVE location than there is in another.
Third [ this is about the matter, anti-matter and gravity] because space is always expanding (might think of it as pressure difference - space is something and 4th dimension [hyperspace :P ] is nothing. From here on it is simple to understand why space itself is expanding ) and matter is compressed space, it sort of makes sense that the region with more space, more pressure would expand faster in this "hyperspace", creating a region that stretches away from the rest of the universe (or, at least, the local space) AND that, in turn, would create a flow of space (where? - to the 4th dimension, hyperspace). This we would perceive as gravity!
If matter is pressurized space that pulls in to the 4th dimension, then what is anti-matter, you ask? - well, if the universe is a sphere (as it should be in order for all this to work, i think), what we perceive as matter, THE COMPRESSIONS, ware created at the beginning of the universe, they would only pull "outwards", in to the 4th dimension (think the balloon analogy) and the pulling of space "outwards" is matter and gravity. If you look at space compressions at the both sides of the balloon, you see, that they are causing the balloon/ space-fluid to expand, locally, actually, at the opposite sides, relative to you, a observer from another dimension. .. in a sense, antimatter was created, but not really.. because - anti-matter is a pull (actually.. it would be more like "left behind" than a pull..) of space, just like for matter, But in the opposite direction [ this would be "inwards" if we go by the balloon analogy] - everything must compensate and equal out in the end, right?

but.. if we go by this , then there is a question - why, in that case, there is antimatter in the universe today?! Why can we produce anti-matter?
.. what could create a "suction" of space "inwards" .. ? (yes, energetic photons do.. but why? they are EM energy [what ever that is] ..hmm )
So it seams that the question is not "why matter and anti-matter are no in equal parts in the universe" but rather: "why anti-matter can exist in the first place? "

.. and im tired now. Dont know what im thinking now and gets harder to follow.. so im just gonna post this and see what you guys [ and nice females] think about my flow of thoughts this evening ;)

oh, and we perceive time because universe must expand in 4D and.. well.. change. Thing move inside and interact as space flows forward in time/ to the 4th dimension/ in to the hyperspace, call it what ever you want.
This makes a good reference to the experiments and what not, that anti-matter behaves like matter as if it ware traveling backwards in time.. - see, as I wrote above, anti-matter is a stretch of space in opposite direction.. and, if one direction we can assume as forward in time, then.. guess what. ;) Well, it is not really traveling backwards in time, but this illustrates very neatly the thing about time flow.. - it is in the other direction, but doesn't provide the chance to go back in time as we would want..

« Last Edit: 17/06/2011 22:39:30 by McKay »

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Why is there more matter than anti-matter
« Reply #1 on: 17/06/2011 17:46:03 »
OK Mackay before I get past point one.  If we are moving through a super-fluid how can we not detect variations as earth's movement changes.  Set any external frame of reference and during a solar year the earth's movement will go through phases of moving faster and slower - why is this not detectable?

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17/06/2011 18:17:02 »
.. but the Earth DOES go faster or slower depending on where it is .. the reason why orbits are bit eliptical. We are talking about that, right?
.. why isnt it detectable.. amm.. what exactly is not detectable?

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17/06/2011 18:21:41 »
or are you talking about why cant we feel "wind" of this super fluid? - well, in that case, did you forget that super fluids have no resistance? ..

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17/06/2011 21:36:23 »
No - I didnt forget.  So does this superfluid have no interaction with EM/Gravity/Strong/Weak forces ?  Cos if it does - then it cannot exist cos we would notice - and if it doesn't then who cares and you cannot prove or disprove its existence

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17/06/2011 22:35:08 »
Well, the super fluid does interact with gravity - the flow of it IS gravity!
How it interacts with EM forces is another topic.. WHAT IS EM forces.. ? They may also be just ripples and compressions and what not in this super fluid..
It is he medium where everything happens. It is everything. Does it even make sense to ask if it interacts with gravity.. ?

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17/06/2011 22:35:56 »
oh, wait, but you didnt even read past point 1, right.. ? :D

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17/06/2011 22:47:05 »
No didn't read past point one - didn't need to.  if you posit a universal anything - you have to explain either how it interacts with the known forces (and why we haven't been able to detect it) - and if it doesn't react with the known forces then who cares if it exists cos we have no other way of interacting with anything. 

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18/06/2011 09:45:19 »
but, please, do read past point one. It kinda does explain it further down..
How do you think - I should first explain and the write what im gonna explain/ what I did explain..? Quite absurd, no?

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22/06/2011 19:25:13 »
You might want to argue that your super fluidity creates 'gravity' which then will define a space. And assuming that it all is 'vortexes etc' then 'gravity' is it all :) The rest is pure geometry, and gravity 'compressed'. No need to mix in 'secret dimensions' in it.

In that case you would need to explain where and why 'gravity' can 'compress' on its own more or less, defining matter etc, though. And then you will need to define causality too of course.

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25/06/2011 17:43:18 »
...And assuming that it all is 'vortexes etc' then 'gravity' is it all :)...

Yes, that's pretty much what I thought.
Well, as to explain why it can compress and vortex "on its own" - it doesn't do it on its own .. just like that. This really is the same as asking "where did the universe came from" "what was before the Big Bang" (answer to this might be that there was just perfect superfluid with no iregulaeities in it.. but thats not really that satisfying, right? ) ... - something must have started it (as I said above - another bubble of this space-fluid might have hit it or .. I dont know), but once it was started, there is no stopping it. It just moves and ripples and stuff as the universe expands (yes, there is a need to mix in other dimensions... at least as far as my primitive mind can cope with. ).  Pointing out why, where and how is jut working out the "fluid dynamics" of this substance.. after THE BIG SPLASH! (big band re-discovered .. and, in this context, it seams more of a splash, than a bang ;) )

And whats wrong with causality? The speed of all the ripples and everything in it is limited just like, say, sound is limited in water. The limiting speed in space-fluid is .. what? The speed of light?

Offline McKay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25/06/2011 17:55:46 »
well, I think of gravity as "vortexes" and .. the compressions would be, as you know, we experience more forces than just gravity, EM forces. Different pressures, different amount of space ( where one can move in) in one relative location means that it will take more time or more "steps" to cross a relative distance (because, as you zoom in, there is more space and simply more distance near a .. gravity, EM .. other? forces source )
Like photon changes course as it steps between different density mediums (one has more resistance.. one requires more time to cross it )

Offline Heikki Rinnemaa

• MoHei. :)
    • View Profile
    • My website.
« Reply #12 on: 01/07/2011 05:13:41 »
 :)

Why anti-matter,,,hmm,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter

All anti-matter theory is non-natural no thruth theory. Space dont have any kind of anti-matter or etc,,.no mirror-matter,,or dualism-basic opposite matter.

Hmm,,human has made many theoryes and unfortunately there is some non-natural theory,,only mathematical and theoretical issues,,like anti-idea is.

:)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12 on: 01/07/2011 05:13:41 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums