The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is the energy needed to create pairs of identical particles always the same?  (Read 13503 times)

Offline MikeS

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Devils Advocate
    • View Profile
I do understand the physics, a lot better than you apparently.  Your sidestepping the issue continually is all on public record in these posts.

Why don't you just admit the truth.  Either Newtonian gravity can not explain the experiment in question or you simply do not know the answer.

It was you who said Newtonian gravity could explain the original experiment
Quote JP  http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=40175.msg361995#msg361995
"Back to your original question, yes, it does take more energy to create particles in orbit than it does on the earth's surface because you have to get those particles into orbit and then collide them, and moving them up into orbit takes energy. 

Also, general relativity is a red herring here.  You don't need it to work this out--Newtonian gravity works just fine since this effect doesn't require the precision of GR."

Quote Mike S http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=40175.msg362149#msg362149
"Although it seems obvious that it costs energy to raise an object to a greater gravitational potential, I don't see how Newtonian gravity can adequately explain what is happening."

You raised this point and I queried it.  You have continually sidestepped the issue ever since.  It's all on record.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Mike, I am locking this thread down; it is going nowhere!  Whilst you respond to all messages and outwardly appear to take part in a discussion it is clear you are unwilling or incapable of trying to understand others' knowledge/points of view/opinions.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length