The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why are judges more likely to make a favourable decision after a meal break ?  (Read 3824 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Science Peeps Of Puissance & Awe,

How are ewe today ?...Watch the Grand Prix today ? well done Hamilton !! though, I’m actually a Ferrari fan so I’m a Spanish sheep at the moment (Alonso  ::)). Anyway, I enjoyed this chat...we should do it again some time. Get your people to contact mine and we’ll do lunch !

In the mean time will ewe please take a look at this Judge.

A Judge For Ewe To Look At

Did ewe know that (this is a fact) that Judges are  more likely to make a favourable decision after a meal break  ?   Nope...me neither !

Why’s that then ?...Why are judges more likely to make a favourable decision after a meal break ?

If ewe let me know..I will then know......and I can tell others and they will think I am klevur !

Ta

Hugs and shmishes

mwah mwah mwah

neil
I’m Guilty
xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Would it be because they wos indulging in a bit of hanky-panky with a judgy friend during the lunch break? Judging from the look on that judge geezer's fizzog, he could do with a bit of hanky-panky.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Low blood sugar, (which would be corrected by a eating meal), can alter mood and impair judgement ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia#Neuroglycopenic_manifestations
« Last Edit: 24/07/2011 21:09:09 by RD »

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Relaxing and mollifying action of moderate amount of alcohol?  BTW sheepy - where did you read this; I would be interested in following up

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Favourable to whom? The prosecution or the defence? I suppose it would depend on who treated him to lunch and whether it was a lousy Big Mac or a 6 course silver service at the Dorchester, Savoy or some such gastronomic emporium avec le étoile au Michelin.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Would it be because they wos indulging in a bit of hanky-panky with a judgy friend during the lunch break? Judging from the look on that judge geezer's fizzog, he could do with a bit of hanky-panky.

Nice of ewe to volunteer Geezer  ;D

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Low blood sugar, (which would be corrected by a eating meal), can alter mood and impair judgement ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia#Neuroglycopenic_manifestations

Thanks RD....sounds reasonable to me !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Relaxing and mollifying action of moderate amount of alcohol?  BTW sheepy - where did you read this; I would be interested in following up

I wish I could remember chum...actually..I'm pretty sure I heard it on a BBC World Service radio show....It just stuck in my head and I don't recall if they gave an explanation..I think it was a 'quick fact' type of thing !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Favourable to whom? The prosecution or the defence? I suppose it would depend on who treated him to lunch and whether it was a lousy Big Mac or a 6 course silver service at the Dorchester, Savoy or some such gastronomic emporium avec le étoile au Michelin.

I know ...Why don't ewe treat us all to both ?  and I will empirically record the results !...thanks Don..YAYYYY !!  ;D

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums