The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is Gravity A Cake ?  (Read 2870 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« on: 11/08/2011 19:53:03 »

Dearest Academics Of Awe Making Jaw Dropping Expertise,

Ewe lot are amazing ewe are !......Thanks for all your help and itís all FOC too !!

As a Sheepie, I of course luff cake !

Look hereís a cakey.

A Cakey Being All Yummy Earlier Today.

Nice eh ?....being delivered next Tuesday..yummy !

Now then, everything in the Universe is made from stuff yes ?....My cake for instance has some eggs and flour, sugar and other ingredients yep ?........Light is made from photons yep ?......my wife's omelette's are made from...well...Iím not too sure but they make great door stops and bouncy castles for fee paying small rodentia !

So, what of Gravity ?...Is Gravity made from something too ?....what are itís ingredients ?........ and If not...why not ?

Ewe see, this is something I would like to know and if I do know it then I will know it and it will escalate me to the bottom rung of the ladder to your dizzy atmospheric heights of academia.

So please to be helping a sheepie with some gravity ingredients knowledge.

Thanking ewe ever so much !

hugs and shmishes

mwah mwah mwah

neil
Give Me The Knowledge
Bathe Me In Elation
Elaborate To Me
The Gravity Of The Situation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la rťsistance!"
    • View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #1 on: 11/08/2011 20:48:43 »
Apparently, it's more like one of those rubber sheets your mum used to put on your mattress.

Offline CZARCAR

• View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #2 on: 11/08/2011 22:03:05 »
it wouldnt be a cake if it didnt rise AGAINST GRAVITY! so maybe G is some form of yeast?

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #3 on: 11/08/2011 23:14:33 »
The universe is made out of lots of dimensions but if you have too many nothing works properly.  However if you screw some bits of it into little balls and they hold together for a while, it helps to get rid of this excess of dimensions and you can think about building a universe.  Now to screw things up properly you have to borrow a bit of energy from somewhere.  ( a bit like governments and banks recently ) now when you borrow this energy you make gravity.  This tuns out to be very good stuff because having some gravity can help you to screw things up a bit more ( very much like collateralized debt obligations turning nothing into something) and you might even manage to screw things up completely and make another universe.  So life goes on for universes and sheep but the grass is always greener the other side of the event horizon.

Offline yor_on

• (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #4 on: 12/08/2011 21:19:03 »
Gravity is a fluffy invisible bunny with twinkling eyes running, everywhere, at all times, forever changing directions. What we feel is the ethereal draft, from his constantly passing us, dragging us with him.

In space there is a lot of room so he has to further to run and as there is only one of him?
I call it the 'fluffy bunny theory, with pointy ears and a big friendly smile with gleaming teeth's'

0r for short... 

The FBTWPEAABFSWGT theory

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #5 on: 13/08/2011 00:34:56 »
Apparently, it's more like one of those rubber sheets your mum used to put on your mattress.

She still does !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #6 on: 13/08/2011 00:37:11 »
The universe is made out of lots of dimensions but if you have too many nothing works properly.  However if you screw some bits of it into little balls and they hold together for a while, it helps to get rid of this excess of dimensions and you can think about building a universe.  Now to screw things up properly you have to borrow a bit of energy from somewhere.  ( a bit like governments and banks recently ) now when you borrow this energy you make gravity.  This tuns out to be very good stuff because having some gravity can help you to screw things up a bit more ( very much like collateralized debt obligations turning nothing into something) and you might even manage to screw things up completely and make another universe.  So life goes on for universes and sheep but the grass is always greener the other side of the event horizon.

Thanks Soul !........I think !  ;)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #7 on: 13/08/2011 00:37:59 »
Gravity is a fluffy invisible bunny with twinkling eyes running, everywhere, at all times, forever changing directions. What we feel is the ethereal draft, from his constantly passing us, dragging us with him.

In space there is a lot of room so he has to further to run and as there is only one of him?
I call it the 'fluffy bunny theory, with pointy ears and a big friendly smile with gleaming teeth's'

0r for short... 

The FBTWPEAABFSWGT theory

Well.......I'm convinced !!  ;D...anything with fluffy bunnies in it gets my vote !

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #8 on: 17/08/2011 15:44:20 »
YES!!! Yes of course, sheepy, you have cracked it!!!! You may run into your neighbour's house at 3am shouting 'eureka' and banging a large drum.

Yes indeed, gravity is a cake, well, I seem to gravitate toward cakies anyway, especially choccy cakies.....

The Naked Scientists Forum

Is Gravity A Cake ?
« Reply #8 on: 17/08/2011 15:44:20 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length