The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What dream project would you build with £10,000??  (Read 5884 times)

Offline themadprofessor

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hey,

Can you believe it!  A relative Iíve never met dies and Iím £10, 000 richer.  Meaning I can finally put some serious funds into building something really cool.  Iím torn at the moment between this miniature sub Iíve designed and a portable bridge for my car.  Either way, now Iíve got the money it should be pretty sweet.

While Iím trying to decide I thought Iíd ask see if you had any thoughts?  What dream project would you guys build with £10, 000?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: What dream project would you build with £10,000??
« Reply #1 on: 10/05/2006 15:37:14 »
Hi Mad Prof,

Welcome to the site.

Build the sub...it's far more fun....after all , who wants to carry around a porta-bridge ?...well, perhaps the army and they have those in abundance.

Actually, please elaborate on your ideas ?..is the bridge for commercial or consumer use ?...and the same for the sub ?....

...ahh...just realised you said porta-bridge for the car...so I assume it's for consumer use !...perhaps for car owners in hilly lands eh ?...or just for plain old bridge fanciers ? :)

I'll have to think long and hard about my  dream project *waits and sees what other people will write*

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. I hope you'll keep us ' posted '

Men are the same as women, just inside out !
« Last Edit: 10/05/2006 15:39:49 by neilep »

Offline time-cop

• Making tomorrow safe today .
    • View Profile
    • malta-site.com
« Reply #2 on: 17/05/2006 01:31:58 »
build the sub prof,in my time the atmosphere is really badly polluted, so going under water may not be a bad thing,just dont forget to purchase your aqua-tax,dont want to have to nick you ! ![8D]

http://www.armybarmy.org

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #3 on: 17/05/2006 01:57:24 »
Build the sub, but dont forget to make a will leaving £10,000 to one of your relatives just incase they need to improve your design.:)

Michael

Offline time-cop

• Making tomorrow safe today .
    • View Profile
    • malta-site.com
« Reply #4 on: 17/05/2006 02:31:43 »
dont listen to mickey,put the money in the inside pocket of your jacket,then try out your sub. oh let me hold your coat a moment [}:)]

http://www.armybarmy.org

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 17/05/2006 02:31:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums