The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Fortune-telling judge couldn't see it coming  (Read 7263 times)

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Fortune-telling judge couldn't see it coming
« on: 10/05/2006 19:21:25 »
May 3, 9:10 AM (ET)

MANILA (Reuters) - A Philippine judge who claimed he could see into the future and admitted consulting imaginary mystic dwarfs has asked for his job back after being fired by the country's Supreme Court.

"They should not have dismissed me for what I believed," Florentino Floro, a trial judge in the capital's Malabon northern suburb, told reporters after filing his appeal.

Floro was sacked last month and fined 40,000 pesos ($780) after a three-year investigation found he was incompetent, had shown bias in a case he was trying and had criticized court procedure, a ruling showed.

He told investigators that three mystic dwarfs -- Armand, Luis and Angel -- helped him carry out healing sessions during breaks in his chambers.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fortune-telling judge couldn't see it coming
« Reply #1 on: 10/05/2006 22:24:44 »
May 2, 06

Manilla Times

It is well known in the Phillipines and America that in the winter of 1918 a large freighter carring Guinnes Stout left Dublin for Manila, arriving in Feburary, 1919. By this date, America had commited large forces to Europe, leaving the defense of the Phillipines to a garrison force and a few Philipino irregulers.

When the ship docked at Manilla, it was met by one Himie Floro, a Spanish loyalist who wanted anyone but Americans to "liberate the Phillipines. It was, in Himie's opinion, better for this force to have relatively little back-up and resources so he had asked the newly formed IRA To set up a provisionsl capital in the Phillipines. They failed in this attempt.

Along with the Guinness and the invasion force of 26 men, there were also 3 small huminoids. Himie Floro's great-great grandson is Florentino Floro who contends that these small huminoids are not dwarfs - they are leprechauns who arrived in 1919. In the Manilla Times report of May it was also reporteed that Armound tends to be somewhat of a poof (poff?) at times.

The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/05/2006 11:13:55 »

The only error in your account is you left out the baggiest leprechaun of all. The king of small minds everywhere George Bushwhacker McRice

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/05/2006 19:08:20 »
{b]???????????????????[/b]

It was probably the same person who stole Geronimo's skill. The younger king of fools wasn't born in 1919.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #4 on: 27/07/2006 12:54:44 »
Well written Judge floro!!!  :-)

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27/07/2006 16:42:18 »
HERE HERE!!

Offline judgefloro

• View Profile
    • Angel of Death, Luis Armand and Angel
« Reply #6 on: 19/09/2006 09:04:45 »
No happy ending in tale of judge and 3 dwarves

newbielink:http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view_article.php?article_id=15519 [nonactive]

By Armand Nocum
Inquirer
Last updated 06:08am (Mla time) 08/16/2006

Published on Page A1 of the August 16, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THE HELP OF his dwarf friends Armand, Luis and Angel notwithstanding, former Judge Florentino Floro Jr. failed to convince the Supreme Court not to dismiss him from the judiciary for being incapable of deciding cases on his own without help from his paranormal allies.

The court said psychic phenomena had no place in the judiciary.

In a resolution released yesterday, the 15 justices of the high tribunal threw out three motions for reconsideration filed by the 53-year-old judge asking the court to dismiss the administrative complaint filed against him and to return him to the bench.
The decision penned by Associate Justice Minita Chico-Nazario “denied with finality” Floro’s motions for lack of merit. It said it would no longer entertain further motions from the former Malabon judge.

“We reiterate that judges are expected to be guided by the rule of law and to resolve cases before them with judicial detachment,” the court said.

Object of ridicule

The court said its decision had nothing to do with Floro’s belief in dwarves or the validity of such a belief, but on the need to protect the integrity of the judiciary as a “rational guardian of the law.”

“The psychological finding of mental unfitness (made not only by the psychiatrists of the Supreme Court clinic but by Judge Floro’s own doctors during the hearing of his cases), when taken together with Judge Floro’s claimed dalliance with ‘dwendes,’ poses a serious challenge to such required judicial detachment and impartiality and would eventually erode the public’s acceptance of the judiciary as the rational guardian of the law, if not make it an object of ridicule,” the court said.

“In fine, Judge Floro himself has confirmed that he is incapable of discharging the duties of a judge free from extrajudicial influences and that he falls short of the fundamental requirements of competence and objectivity expected of all judges,” the court said.

On March 31, the court dismissed Floro after finding him to be suffering from a mental “disabling condition” that made it impossible for him to discharge his judicial functions.

In that decision also penned by Nazario, Floro was found guilty of seven of the 13 administrative charges lodged against him by the Office of the Court Administrator.

Seeing the future

Among other things, Floro admitted believing in “psychic visions” to see the future because of his power in “psychic phenomenon.”

He also confessed that he had made a covenant with his “dwarf friends,” that he could write while in a trance and that he had been seen by several people in two places at the same time.

“Psychic phenomena, even assuming such exist, have no place in a judiciary duty bound to apply only positive law and, in its absence, equitable rules and principles in resolving controversies,” the court said in an en banc decision.

In his motion for reconsideration, Floro had taunted the court, saying its decision had made him and his imaginary friends “immortal.”

“From obscurity, my name ... and the three mystic dwarfs became – immortal -- not only in this country, not solely in international broadcasts (CNN, MSN-NBC) or in almost all print media worldwide, but first and foremost, in the indelible memory of world judicial history,” he said in a letter to the court.

Floro also said news of his dismissal appeared in forum discussions in more than 1,000 blogs and elicited 10,000 replies all over the world, with believers of the occult and those who claim to see spirits and dwarves siding with him.

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19/09/2006 14:06:17 »
Thanks fro the update. It goes to prove that fact is always stranger then fiction.    

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21/09/2006 15:31:24 »
Thanks for th e update Hadrian.. Very interesting!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17/10/2006 05:10:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by judgefloro

quote:
Originally posted by JimBob

{b]???????????????????[/b]

It was probably the same person who stole Geronimo's skill. The younger king of fools wasn't born in 1919.

hi jimbob

http://http://www.asylumnation.com/asylum/_r/showthread/threadid_45447/pagenumber_1.html?s=&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 http://

i wanna share my thoughts here with you

Bush's Great, Great Granddaddy?

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17/10/2006 07:10:17 »
HI Loretta! How are you?

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18/10/2006 05:28:35 »
Hi Karen....just okay and you?

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18/10/2006 05:52:12 »
NOt Good at all..

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19/10/2006 05:17:37 »
O:H Wow! Sorry I am just checking this out hon

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19/10/2006 05:49:29 »
I have been alot better... I will do better again... How are you LOretta, how was work?

Karen

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #14 on: 19/10/2006 05:49:29 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums