The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: sorry for teh problems  (Read 15634 times)

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: sorry for teh problems
« Reply #75 on: 30/01/2012 12:05:48 »
Topics posted under "Just Chat" don't seem to always show up under "Recent Topics".  Or, there may be a delay until a new topic is posted after them.

Anyway, I've posted some replies under "Just Chat", then don't see them showing up under "Recent Topics" until after a bit of a delay, if at all.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 01/02/2012 10:19:26 »
shpeil chquer pleeze

spellcheck in the browser is quicker than the old TNS spellchecker ... http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=42525.msg375919#msg375919

Thanks RD. I notice 'Speckie' is for IE. Is their one for Firefox ?..I have checked in the advance tab within Firefox for it to actually check spelling but it does not !!

OK...I found one..installed it..then had to install a dictionary too !....Thanks for the prompt !
« Last Edit: 01/02/2012 10:26:16 by neilep »

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 16/02/2012 19:07:59 »
I was throwing together a diagram with the new graphics program, to illustrate some calculations.

Whenever I tried saving the image, the rotated square (yellow) seemed to vanish.  I was only able to get my image to show up by saving it as a png, then inserting the png into the page, which means I could have done the same thing with any graphics program.

Nothing subtle about the images created by the TNS graphics program.

Also, taking the yellow square and rotating it, it always seemed to mess up the aspect ratio, but perhaps that is a side-effect of the way the graphics are laid out.  It was a pain because it was cumbersome to fix the aspect ration of the now rotated square to fit it inside of the circle & outer square.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #77 on: 16/02/2012 19:07:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums