The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?  (Read 244730 times)

Offline MattShay

• First timers
    • View Profile
hey guys. i'm 21 years old. for a very long time now i've been able to control my goosebumps as well. basically it feels like an enormous energy/shockwave that streams from the bottom of my skull and blankets my entire body. it started off with certain types of music. i don't exactly know how to describe it, mostly just some kind of tune that inspires power or something. i was always a big fan of the "one man achieving greatness" type movies since i was a little kid. when i was younger i discovered dragonball z, and honestly that is the closest kind of feeling i can relate it to is when they power up. and silly me, something about watching it makes me feel as if im powering up as well (goosebumps). now i've done lots and lots of research, and one thing i've heard is that it could be just a stronger sense of Qi, which every being has, yet we can actually call upon the energy at will. do it when you run: you run faster. lifting weights? strength increases temporarily. somebody mentioned controlling the tensor tympani. i too can do this. not sure if there is a relation, but still a nifty little trick when you're diving deep or on a plane.

basically, i can't get enough of the feeling. and i can't get enough of gaining more knowledge about this. my brother can do this as well. but anyone else thinks i'm out of it (until i make my hair stand, that freaks them out a bit).

also, it seems if you practice it daily, you can extend the strength and length of time to maintain it. i wonder how far this can be taken...

*edit* just to add a little bit, i dont know if its related, but ive also been able to dream things the night before they happen on a few occasions. also, a random movie will pop into my mind. and about 80% of the time when that happens, if i flip around the tv, its on. even something that hasnt been shown for years.

and on a side note, i've come to understand dogs can sense things we cannot. while practicing maintaining goosebumps a number of times, my dog has woken up from a nap and will come right up to me and whine with his tail wagging crazy as if i had just come home from being gone all day. i thought maybe it was coincidence, but it seems to happen too much to be just coincidence.

now i've spoken privately to a few members about this ability, and i've given them my crazy theories that have been shot down. i, however, believe anything is possible. if anyone has had a weird experience with this, please pm me. if there is something i can accomplish in this lifetime, it will be to fully understand just exactly what this ability is meant for, and why there are only a select few who can do it.
« Last Edit: 04/05/2011 02:17:17 by MattShay »

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
It started with music, I would get all goose-bumpy when I listened to good music, at the time it was done subconsciously so I wanted to learn to control it. At a young age I wanted to learn to control the ability without the help of any music or foreign stimuli.

I think it first began as an offset of music that made me feel a certain way. I realised that thinking about that particular music reignited the "waves" (as most people refer to the experience). After a while I relied on simply imagining that feeling to bring it on, and now it second nature.

The way it started for me was exactly the same as Shironin! Playing music, then thinking about the music, then imagining the feeling, and now purely at will.
It seems like music was definitely the starting point for a lot of us.

Also after reading a lot of these posts, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed that I think there are only guys that have posted, which may be a contributing factor to this skill.

I had emitted that hypothesis on page 5, but I was wrong (Pumpkin is female, same page).

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
MattShay: It indeed does feel like the Dragonball Z "powering up".

I don't think it is related to the tensor tympani. Some people can control that and not goosebumps. We should also ask people here who can control their tensor tympani (I can).

I think it's very interesting that your brother can do it. Did one "teach" the other?

Whenever I launch a "wave", it lasts several seconds. I can "sustain" it by sending another wave before the first one is over, in which case it becomes constant in a way.

I don't see how this would be related to dreaming/precognition. I believe that most of the wacky stuff that people mention here (sorry, I'm a skeptic) is just the result of a cognitive bias. Your movie thing probably doesn't happen 80% of the time, it's just that when it does happen, it becomes "meaningful" and you remember it, whereas if you think of a random movie and it doesn't pop up, you forget about it.

I think the reason only a select few can do this is: training + possibly genetics.
I don't believe the ability is "for" anything, we can just do it, it's just a kind of biofeedback, just like controlling one's pulse (which I can't do, though I never really tried), etc.

Offline MattShay

• First timers
    • View Profile
I actually had no idea my brother could do it until I mentioned it to him, shortly after I found out it wasn't a common thing.

I'm sure the movie thing is unrelated, just thought it was something fun to throw out there. But yes, most of the time if a random movie pops into my head, it is in fact on television.

Next time you go for a workout, just try it. You will understand what I'm talking about. It almost seems like an instant dose of steroids.

Offline jpass21

• First timers
    • View Profile
Blake,

I too have noticed spasms in my left hand. This is especially common after I find myself daydreaming or concentrating on something for an extended period. I also get spasms in my left eye and shoulder. Occasionally on the right side as well, but more often than not on the left. I have not asked my brother about his abilities but will be sure to do so when I see him. I don't know about running faster or lifting heavier objects, but there is definitely something interesting happening. I am also intrigued with your ability to know what is on TV. This is happened to me a few times, though probably not more than can be written off by coincidence. However, with music on the radio I frequently find a song that has been in my head. Like you said, it will often be an old or obscure song and I am often surprised that it is on the radio at all.

I am also beginning to understand that much of the world occurs to me in patterns. I believe that anyone could pick up on these, but for some reason it comes more easily to me. I wonder if you experience some of the same phenomena. It is almost as if certain periods of time are chapters in a book dotted with similarly themed events. Once I notice the pattern, it becomes relatively easy to predict when the theme will play out again. Then, at a certain point, the pattern will fade and another will emerge.

Back to the goosebumps, I have found that if I practice even basic Qi Gong while activating the goosebumps, I can create a lasting tingle in my fingertips. While practicing, I have also found that I can feel the waves being directed by the motions. I am wondering if you or anyone else is able to isolate the bumps to one arm or the other, or move it down to the legs. In my practice I have recently become able to raise goosebumps near my face, which is something very new to me.

Anyways, I know that's a lot but I don't get on here often.

Joe
« Last Edit: 11/06/2011 08:06:50 by jpass21 »

Offline beatyouonce

• First timers
    • View Profile
Thouv I was the same way, start with Music then closing my eyes concentrating and now I can do it at will at any given time. But I've also worked out how to control where it goes, i see a lot of people saying it comes down from the back of the head and washes over them. For me at first this was the only way, now I can control it to go to one arm or one leg, or back up into my head. When I sent it back to my head I feel a heat and tingly inside my skull near the back of my head as well as goosebumps on my skull.

Also has anyone noticed that if you do this a lot you get hot? I've had instances where I've felt hot after this like i had to stop to cool down a  bit.

Also after you play around with this, that you slowly are unable to, like you run out of steam, then you wait a bit and again you can.

Seriously what is this useless ability or is it just us taking our first baby steps toward a new evolution in human history?

P.S anyone notice that it kind of wakes you up and or feels pretty good?
« Last Edit: 29/06/2011 17:02:10 by beatyouonce »

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
You guys should check this out, a paper by cognitive scientist David Huron:
newbielink:http://www.cogsci.msu.edu/DSS/2008-2009/Huron/HuronFrisson.pdf [nonactive]
It is very interesting.

Offline spardanto

• View Profile
You guys should check this out, a paper by cognitive scientist David Huron:
newbielink:http://www.cogsci.msu.edu/DSS/2008-2009/Huron/HuronFrisson.pdf [nonactive]
It is very interesting.

A very interesting read,i'm glad to see people are looking at this thoroughly now,the paper does a good job of including things.It's a good start but more needs to be done

I just wish we could all help in some way,who knows might find some more answers?

Don't know about you but i tended to get the impression that it was saying that those of us who can do Frission (not a word i'd heard before now but i guess i'll start using it)essentially had better acuity and perception (well within the moment we do this)

Perhaps if we summed it up our perception is more highly tuned?It'd ring true with a great many things people have stated here and have either thought they were "powers" or psychic etc.

If as it seems we are able to detect things more acutely (particularly concerning the section of sound within 3000-4000 mega hertz  as mentioned) it could account for alot.

Your thoughts people?
« Last Edit: 02/07/2011 03:22:46 by spardanto »

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
Here's another article I found:
Grewe et al. (2007), Listening to Music as a Re-Creative Process: Physiological, Psychological and Psychoacoustical Correlates of Chills and Strong Emotions
newbielink:http://musicweb.hmt-hannover.de/kopiez/Grewe-etal(2007)Chills.pdf [nonactive]

Here are some interesting passages:

Blood and Zatorre (2001) used PET to reveal the brain systems associated with chill reactions when listening to music. They found structures such as the nucleus accumbens, the ventral tegmental area, thalamus, insula, and anterior cingulate to be more active during a chill reaction, while activity in the amygdala and ventral medial prefrontal cortex was reduced.
[...]
Participants completed three character inventories: the Temperament and Character Inventory TCI, the Sensation Seeking Scale SSS-V and the Affective Neuroscience Personality Scales ANPS. We compared responses from chill nonresponders and chill responders using a Mann-Whitney U test; two significant differences between the two groups were revealed. First, chill responders were less thrill and adventure seeking (SSS-V). Second, chill responders were more reward dependent (TCI).
The musical experience and habit questionnaires revealed that chill responders differed from chill nonresponders in several ways. First, chill responders indicated higher familiarity with classical music. Second, chill responders rated music as more important in their lives. Third, chill responders identified more with the music they preferred. Fourth, chill responders more readily listened to music in every day life in a situation similar to the experimental setting.
[...]
There is an interesting finding from Blood and Zatorre (2001) showing that during chills, the activity of the thalamus and the anterior cinguli is elevated. Both brain systems are involved in attention.

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
And here is the Blood & Zatorre article mentioned in my previous message:
Blood & Zatorre (2001), Intensely pleasurable responses to music correlate with activity in brain regions implicated in reward and emotion
newbielink:http://www.zlab.mcgill.ca/docs/Blood_and_Zatorre_2001.pdf [nonactive]

Some passages:

Subjective reports of chills were accompanied by changes in heart rate, electromyogram, and respiration. As intensity of these chills increased, cerebral blood flow increases and decreases were observed in brain regions thought to be involved in reward/motivation, emotion, and arousal, including ventral striatum, midbrain, amygdala, orbitofrontal cortex, and ventral medial prefrontal cortex. These brain structures are known to be active in response to other euphoria-inducing stimuli, such as food, sex, and drugs of abuse. This finding links music with biologically relevant, survival-related stimuli via their common recruitment of brain circuitry involved in pleasure and reward.
[...]
The pattern of activity observed here in correlation with music-induced chills is similar to that observed in other brain imaging studies of euphoria and/or pleasant emotion.
[...]
Thus, activation of the reward system by music may maximize pleasure, not only by activating the reward system but also by simultaneously decreasing activity in brain structures associated with negative emotions.

Post by zeruge click to view.

Offline zeruge

• First timers
  • be something different
    • View Profile
Hi im new my names jeff I see so many questions and not much help on answers so I hope this helps all of understand alot more I wasent born with this gift I trained myself to do it when I was young off of a feelng that there was something more there to us human beings
Now im not gona gudge or anything im just gona say what ive lerned and what I know to help u all out this gift is very real and no I didnt start out with being able to do it all I felt was something there and I grabbed that feelibg and held on and kept practicing eventually it showed it self and grew stronger u get weird feelings like u can fly but nothin happens set things on fire telekenisis no I havent achieved these but I still believe it possible controling heart rate temperature moving the electricity to different parts etc all possible and you gain skill and power the more u use it concentrate and develope it healing is a definet not only ureself but others as well holding it longer to produce it can be done but is exausting youre suply recharging in places with nature help so much and are refreshing it seems to eminate from lower spine and travel up into the brain and then into the rest of the body all of it ull also hit a stage where ure brain feels like its on fire but dosent hurt or do damage thats a highhtened level if u will also for scientific people u can be of great help the right.left rear lower portion of the brain just behind the ear and a littlevabove is the concentratiin of its power ad well it can be measure on an osilliscope and volt meter as well as thermal and eeg I lack funds for tyese machines to lerb more but ive seen other doctors tests but they wont give me the time of day for results if we are to lern the full extent of this power we need to find out more as well it is my belief that we can if advance far enf lern to become imortal by using energy from other things and soakin the energy up or posibly transfering bodies etc but we need to find info on ourselfs figure out how to amplify it imency with technology I think we are the new breed of human but everyone can lern to make the transition to open their minds up they dont call it the age of enlightnment for nothing lol feel free to email me for more questions and by the way the more of use that are in one place the stronger u become ive proven it oh and by the way music is hugh it amplifys ure power something to do with the way u feel and harmonics of the sound reacting to the silica in ure body which does dimish if. Dont eat protien and fiber
« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 00:11:53 by zeruge »

Post by Thouv click to view.

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
"it is my belief that we can if advance far enf lern to become imortal by using energy from other things and soakin the energy up or posibly transfering bodies etc"
"I think we are the new breed of human"

Oh please. Drop the mysticism.

Offline zeruge

• First timers
  • be something different
    • View Profile
Oh please. Drop the mysticism.

funny why are you even here if you have no open mind dont you see how many people are physically changing mentally and otherwise whats a matter feel left out
 disprove me other wise or shut it
energy never dies energy, always changes form, always finds a way to evolve its in all living things why cant we find a way to break our shells and evolve to become something better and prove that im wrong ive dreamt things that become real all the time ive healed people i and others created physical proof from a fealing if youre a bible thumper then im either an angel or a demon or a saint bla bla bla u believe a god walked on water and moses parted the red sea but uve never seen sh1t and yet proof stands before u in a form u can see touch and feel and measure and ure blind either or im not normal and i dont care to be i dreamt and felt this that it was possible and now it is u tell me otherwise that i havent evolved somehow
and did u even read the whole post that you can also measure this gift in extensive testing that can prove the changes
feature=related

newbielink:http://amasci.com/weird/unusual/zap.html [nonactive]

newbielink:http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/ [nonactive]

newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA [nonactive]

newbielink:http://www.caroleverett.com/ce-diag.htm [nonactive]

feature=related

do youre research and lern something rather than toss it aside anyone can lern and grow and evolve

as well here is a list of common effects people seem to have in many posts and sites ive read

commonalities

well i can relate to alot of you but also can give you some advice it seems all of use have all or somethings in common and either were residual effects of experimentation or were evolving but 90 percent have one major in common we all played with electricity as a kid were shocked or lightning struck close by
the other common grounds are

got shocked by electricity when younger
can pick up thoughts that are garbled when younger
filters out and becomes clearer when older if you concentrate
watches die
interference with machines lights etc
knowledge apears in the head
can sence others like us
brain in the right left lower side feels active
predetermining that the phone rings etc info
hair on body standing up with bumps when flucuating when you lern to control it
more heat output than normal
severly alergic to aluminum
able to help heal ailments to others
can predict or see things that will happen in dreams or daydreaming

some of us have all of these some dont but i expect you will i think by alloying ourselfs to explore and gain knowledge we can better understand ourselfs and the gifts we have by the way the more of us in one place there are especially in close proximity the stronger the output when concentrated ive lerned alot over the yrs and still wana know so much more lack the cashflow but i try i do know you can measure youre output on an osiliscope it will measure higher than normal people and i think an eeg with also show what is happening somethin im working on but slow go doctors laugh at me when i ask for that kinda test also music helps make it more powerful
if you ever wana chat just shoot me an email

« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 03:33:13 by zeruge »

Offline spardanto

• View Profile
chill guys you should at least both let each other believe whatever they want.As far as this ability goes you tend to find people lean towards mysticism or science but in the end we are all just looking for answers.

i mean as far as "mysticism" goes you can trace what sounds like this ability to yoga (prana etc) which dates almost 2000 years.As for science we seem to have only just started looking at it seriously thanks to some of the reports you've provided they at least tell us one thing;we aren't crazy,this ability exists.

What it does and why we can do it etc etc....it's just going to take time to figure it out.However like all things science and faith will always be at odds with each other.

Keep an open mind either way folks,lets just make sure we ain't arguing with each other because that gets no where.

As for mentioning about us having experience with electricity....well not me directly but my great grandmother and my dad have both been hit by lightening...for whatever the worth of that info is.

I'll be reading any and all info posted here,i do think it's ok to believe anything about this ability but lets try and prove these things while we are at it.

EDIT:Let me state my viewpoint firstly

I am open to some of the less conventional stuff aswell as the scientific side of things but i strive for a balance between both,if we can heal ourselves i'd expect to see a scientific experiment proving that to be the case.I think in reality it has to be this way because we'll never be taken seriously if we  just say we can do these things but can't back it up

i reviewed all the links you posted  zeruge and i'm sorry to say i don't see their relevance or credibility in relation to our ability.

I mean for example project MKULTRA;it's only relevant if your american for starters,not to mention you'd have to have been a subject in MKULTRA  for any of this to be useful.

The electric serbian;that type of testing was carried out at his house with his own equipment;it could have been modified.As for anything regarding CHI.

Well i like to believe it exists and that people could be healed by it.At the same time the video shown shows nothing.Infact CHI healing and other Oriental practises are notorious for  bending the truth and not having a controlled experiment.Thouv has at least posted pertinent information that is specifically described as what many have us can do ,albeit when listening to music but again nearly all of us have said we first learned with music,it's also got citations and sources listed in the document showing it's legitimacy.If your going to post "proof" then make sure it's credible and related to this.

I don't mind in the slightest you think that healing could be  involved,it's certainly true the mind is a powerful tool capable of doing many things in extreme conditions but at the same time you can't say you have proof when in reality all it is is circumstantial evidence and unrelated information.

Some of the commonalities like you mentioned some of us do or don't have but to be fair if your going to make a commonalities list it should apply 100% to us all for example i don't think being allergic to aluminum should be there.I'm not and am willing to bet nearly all of us aren't bothered by it-it may infact just be an allergy completely un-related.

Likewise in a previous post you mention not eating protein or fibre...i don't even know why that would make a difference seeing as nearly all of us do eat it and again are able to this ability still.

I want to be fair to you and all people posting but you seem to be jumping the gun and making rash conclusions and finally your posts could do with being spell checked and paragraphed so that we can understand you more easily-it's hard to read a wall of text.

That all said if you could video your tests etc then we might be willing to take certain things on board.
« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 04:14:16 by spardanto »

Offline zeruge

• First timers
  • be something different
    • View Profile
yes im well aware that my gramer sucks
and i agree we shouldnt fight even if its in a maner that dosent seem like we are with punts my spelling sucks but im not stupid
for one the  term gift is to help the newbies to this because they can train their mind better to scept the fact whats happening to them and better understand it also wroks better if there more open to lerning thnx for ruining that one for them by the way for
 2 ive trained several people and had sucess but not everyones mind can handle the change
for
3 the list is of info it isnt proof its to help people understand there not alone and things have been documented out there that have the same guid lines as we do or are close and also info on ideas to test for ourselfs so we can determine if there true or not its a place to start which is better than uve offered for test

4 as far as the list of comonalities goes it is from other chatsites and forums like this one who have things in common

5 lightning is relevent beacuase either u were born with it developed it after and electric shock eg peeing on a fence being struck by lighting or having it strike right next to you like i did its all usually there somewhere
as for the project it was done in canada up untill the 1990s read the links will ya and it was just something i found that may have something to do with it or not

as far as healing goes dont even go there who have you healed by the way i regularly heal my wife shes constantly sick and i keep her healty she has ashma and animia
for 2 i kept my dad whos heart was 74 percent shot for 10 yrs and only half a valve open for that period alive and well untill he finaly had his time and his bodie could no longer sustain i used my own life force infused with his to keep him going with regular intervals
as well as many others who come to me regularly to be healed and made better call it what u want but it helps when transfering energy into them you bond with them on a energy level yes it drains and yes it costs but its my life force to give the average human in my research has 120 yrs worth to use prove me wrong dont just say it by the way how long have you had the abilitie cause im betting youre a begginer not a seasoned person

as far as ice man yes its a video but he trained in beating the cold however the relevance is that he mentions his right lower rear side of the brain he feels is active and thats comon when ure stron enuf

as far as test if youre wanting me to record and show results id be glad go buy me the equipment and ill do it oscilliscope is 5 g thermal equipment and and a 50g eeg machine and id be glad to or get a doctor to agree to test me ill post that sh1t everywhere proven to show or not i want answers too and like anyone else i have limited means to do so and by the way go ahead and try recording ureself with a normal camer charged up u produce an em field that disrupts the video and it skips shuts down etc i have tried riguiously to do tests on smaller bassis

but i dont see you giving alot of helpfull answers to get some of this stuff done so be helpfull not argumentative 

and just in case u didnt know there are many different roads you can lern i chose the healing path all these yrs and dumped alot of the other abilities to lern this one to its fullest focus my efforts in the main direction that would help people the most 

and i also didnt realize ure not the same person as before my bad but dosent really excuse either and did you scroll down the list on that link

Canadian experiments

The experiments were exported to Canada when the CIA recruited Scottish psychiatrist Donald Ewen Cameron, creator of the "psychic driving" concept, which the CIA found particularly interesting. Cameron had been hoping to correct schizophrenia by erasing existing memories and reprogramming the psyche. He commuted from Albany, New York to Montreal every week to work at the Allan Memorial Institute of McGill University and was paid $69,000 from 1957 to 1964 to carry out MKULTRA experiments there. In addition to LSD, Cameron also experimented with various paralytic drugs as well as electroconvulsive therapy at thirty to forty times the normal power. His "driving" experiments consisted of putting subjects into drug-induced coma for weeks at a time (up to three months in one case) while playing tape loops of noise or simple repetitive statements. His experiments were typically carried out on patients who had entered the institute for minor problems such as anxiety disorders and postpartum depression, many of whom suffered permanently from his actions.[33] His treatments resulted in victims' incontinence, amnesia, forgetting how to talk, forgetting their parents, and thinking their interrogators were their parents.[34] His work was inspired and paralleled by the British psychiatrist William Sargant at St Thomas' Hospital, London, and Belmont Hospital, Surrey, who was also involved in the Intelligence Services and who experimented extensively on his patients without their consent, causing similar long-term damage.[35]

It was during this era that Cameron became known worldwide as the first chairman of the World Psychiatric Association as well as president of the American and Canadian psychiatric associations. Cameron had also been a member of the Nuremberg medical tribunal in 1946–47.[36]

Naomi Klein states in her book The Shock Doctrine that Cameron's research and his contribution to the MKULTRA project was actually not about mind control and brainwashing, but about designing "a scientifically based system for extracting information from 'resistant sources.' In other words, torture." Stripped of its bizarre excesses, Dr. Cameron's experiments, building upon Donald O. Hebb's earlier breakthrough, laid the scientific foundation for the CIA's two-stage psychological torture method

as well i think the closest person to unlock the secrets of the human energy power etc was nikola tesla his works on even small thins corispond to human energy and by the way help when low
newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_globe [nonactive]
especially in a city where theres not as much nature to recharge
« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 05:26:56 by zeruge »

Offline zeruge

• First timers
  • be something different
    • View Profile
newbielink:http://usahitman.com/sai-electric/ [nonactive]
more sites and links

newbielink:http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/cells-tissues/human-body-make-electricity.htm [nonactive]

oh and for fiber and silica and protien youre body uses more and more if ure using more energy ull crave more meat and salt etc when u charge ureself all day long

newbielink:http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99800.htm [nonactive]

this info should help when doing test with voltmeters its a small start
A human body can only generate between 10 and 100 millivolts so if thats normal anything above should be wicked cool ya
the human frequency is hz
gota figure out if we produce ac or dc current how much or if both and then amplifier should be easy
so seems to be dc voltage if u show 99.9 dc at 200mv with prong in right hand negative and left pos
and then do other way around it shows abought -22
hope this info is helping and yes used comparison person they had average 20 and lower
if anyone is interested in asking this will be the most importan site youll ever need
and if you ask ill tell you why
newbielink:http://lateblt.tripod.com/xtals.htm [nonactive]
« Last Edit: 13/07/2011 10:29:21 by zeruge »

Offline zeruge

• First timers
  • be something different
    • View Profile
On behalf of the Moderators:
This board is for 'Physiology & Medicine' discussions, so please all keep on the topic stated.  If you want discuss your own theories that have no current mainstream scientific backing then please start a thread in new theories.

The thread is long enough already without it being hijacked.

Thanks.

you really are a <insulting language removed> people has a right to know and this discussion is abought goosebumps people who need answers and you just crushed any help they woulda got but u leave that other jackasses stuff on whats the point in doing the research if you just burry it and take it away for people to even have a chance of understanding tell ya one thing when i achieve what im researching  people like you will be the first to get a taste of what u deny everyone else such a joke this board is if you cant even help the people that are so stuck or lost with no answer thanx again government jackass ****
and by the way it was on topic and u cant get scientific backing unless you can talk abought it moron and get people to run tests with info that was provided to start some wheres u idiot u know the stuff u deleted shrunk

Any more abusive language on the forum will leave to you being banned from the forum - please read the site's AUP if you are in any doubt about this or other reasons for you earlier -irrelevant- posts being shrunk.

« Last Edit: 02/03/2012 13:20:34 by peppercorn »

Offline spardanto

• View Profile
Well zurge where do i start;this isn't an attack on you rather  an attack on your "proof"

Nearly non of your responses deal with the points i raised.Firstly i stated that your list of commonalities should be the same across the board.I'm not allergic to aluminum and i've never been electrocuted therefor it's not a commonality and yes also means that it has no relevance simply because if i and many others can do it without having a electrocuted background  it simply means it's nothing to do with it.

As for MKULTRA i DID read it and last time i checked the CIA had no jurisdiction over Canada.EITHER way i'm neither American or Canadian so your explanation is flawed.Has for healing i never said i could,just that i have an open mind to it.

As for "your research" and saying we have roughly 120 years of "life force" what PROOF do you have?

If you've done research you'll be able to provide proof and answers to questions such as what testing and experimentation you did.

I have to admit you made me laugh when you said i'd have to buy YOU the equipment so you could prove any of your wild ideas.Any research institute interested in frisson would no doubt love to test on you so by all means go prove me wrong show them you can heal and use the force and whatever other crazy ideas you have.

Oh and when you copy and paste stuff from wikipedia perhaps YOU should read it.For example it states that when the experiments were shifted up to Canada they'd gotten rid of the mind control aspect of research and instead focused on ways of extracting reliable info from prisoners IE TRUTH SERUM as stated in the last paragraph of what you copied.

Interestingly of note the scientist responsible became chairman of the world psychiatric association....maybe you should go talk to him

there's already scientific backing into frisson btw

Within science circles this ability is referred to as Frisson and there have been a number of papers and experiments released regarding this ability and it's relation to music etc.

Look it up on google scholar.

As for your last links.

The SLIders thing is dodgey at best."We can do it but just not in a test environment".Also i clicked on the source for where the website got it's info from and it lead to another websiote which was exactly the same that didn't cite where they'd got the info so i question it's legitimacy.

the 2nd link is just obvious,anyone who's done biology or physics knows the body uses electric pulses IE nervous system etc.I just fail to see the point mentioning it.It doesn't say anything about healing people or super powers or frisson.

And the 3rd link is along the same lines,yes we know about nerve impulses but it's not related in any form to Frisson.

The final link seems to have no relevance.

No offense but you just seem to be copying and pasting anything and everything in a vain attempt to say you have all the answers when you clearly don't and any info you do get is then taken out of context and you try to connect them to frisson on nothing more than your word that it's to do with it.

Lastly i would suggest not returning here.If you can't discuss things without insulting the mods and other members you should set up your own forum so you can talk conspiracy theories and crazy ideas to your hearts content with other like minded people.

Offline Gizem

• First timers
    • View Profile
I can get myself goosebumps like everybody described and like a lot of person on the board i don't remember when it was.
I'm a girl, 17 years old.
I searched for tensor tympani in google and i think i can do it, too. If it's rumbling sound(like you get after flying in a plane or under pressure).And i can make clicking sounds in my ears (like you are gulping). When I was 1,5 years old I got an electric shock from an outlet.
I don't really believe it's about being super human or something. But it may power up our hormones for a limited time, so we feel good and relieved. Maybe it helps recovering I don't have any experiences about it.
Someone said a movie pops up in their head and they see it on TV after that. It happens to me, too. Like a music i think and hear it through the day. Or thinking about a person and see them a little after that. But i think i read about in somewhere. It was saying a lot of thoughts pops in your head and when you see one of them in your life, you say "Oh i was just thinking about it!" A lot of movies and persons pops up in our mind and when some of them comes reality you say everything comes your mind becomes reality. So i don't think humans have precognition.
I think our ability has anything common with electric people. They don't have electric in their control but we can control our ability with our wills.
My mother and brother can't get theirselves goosebumps or Frisson (i don't like this word!)
My mother said it would be about "you learned about tat parts of your body"
I would like to know if it's genetic or learnable.
All of these projects about music giving chills not voluntarily chills.
Waiting to hear from you guys. I really want to know if this ability is good or bad.

Offline wnxunix

• First timers
    • View Profile
I only registered to post this ... you might not see me again, unlikely ....

I have this ability .... Could do it when I was young and I started doing it again recently, last month or just over .... OK ... pay carefull attension .... I figured out what this really is ... and ... it is potentaily dangerious if your in poor health or malnurished ... dont want to bog you down with extra info but I'll mention a few thing you can check ... I went on a slow carbs diet recently for leveling out my sugar consumption and spikes but I miss calculated and accidently slipped into ketosis (not enough carbs) about a week into the diet I got the wave from my neck going down my spine and could hold my gooosebumps, then I was pritty much just going "flame on" whenever I wanted and turning them on at will ... I remeber haveing this senation alot as a kid ... I though it was a good thing because it does make you feel powerful and indestructable ... do you want to know what is happening here? your brain needs uses ATP as energy when it doesnt get enough from nutrition for whatever reason ... it's basically sending out cortisol (I'm guessing, as I dont know the hormone or what path it takes) to break down mustle for pure ATP via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway or something similar .... what this does is burn mustle for energy ... not good if you get into a bad habbit of it .... I suppose ok if your in good health ... So with the reduced insulin because of my low sugar diet my mustle broke down fairly quickly before I know what was happening .... I was waking up very alert after 2-3 hour sleeping ... id taken some plaputations because of the diet so I switch back to my regular diet after 12 to 13 days but I must have messed my gut bacteria up in the process because my food wasnt digesting properly for 3-4 weeks after ... I was in hospital for a few days last week with complications (taking body building supplments and low blood calcium) ... so now I'm recovering slowely but hopefully surely, yes I made a dumb mistake trying this hypoglycemic diet but I did discover somethings .... the body builds and breaks down mustle all the time, maybe nothing to worry about if your in good health to flame on whenever you really need it (emergancy) other than that dont get into the habbit of doing this ... it is basically send out the signal to feed on mustle ... why do you get goosebumops when your cold? is also breaking down mustle for more energy to cope with the cold .... my problem was it took my body a month to switch back to using carbs for energy and even now I get the odd unwelcome senation and I have to halt it .... I'm not trying scare or worry any one .... I read this topic last month before I got myself into the condition that I am now and didn't feel the need to talk about my goosebump ability but I wanted to come back just incase somebody has found themself in my situation or just runs into problems assoicated with the ability like low blood calcium ... I have not verified this maybe still mal absorption in my gut or in part because I had several test dont and whenever I overused the flame this is whenever I got the low calcium results, maybe coincidance but please take care and keep and eye on yourself ...

take care fellow flamers

Offline spardanto

• View Profile
Hi Gizem

Yeah i don't really like frisson either  as far names go but it does seem to be the main name used in scientific circles.

As you point out the research is for music induced frisson and not induced frisson,however it's the closest scientific proof we have and scans and test and have been done showing things such as endorphins and other hormones being secreted aswell as what parts of the brain are active during the ability.

It stands to reason that music frisson and induced frisson are similar (if not the same) in which case we have some answers ( i would urge you to read the first thing Thouv posted as a link)

Just incase it's abit much to read i'll post the key points below;
Higher activity is seen in:

Nucleaus accumbens
Ventral Tegmental area
Thalamus
Insula
Anterior cingulate

A decrease was detected in;
amgydala and ventral medial prefrontal cortex

There's more within the reports but basically if you look into each of the above you'll find some answers i believe.

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
Here is another article that brings up a few interesting points:
Grewe et al. (2011), Chills in different sensory domains: Frisson elicited by acoustical, visual, tactile and gustatory stimuli
newbielink:http://musicweb.hmt-hannover.de/kopiez/Grewe-etal(2011)ChillsDifferentDomains.pdf [nonactive]

"Additionally, chills were elicited by mere mental self-stimulation – even without any external stimulus.
[...]
"As a surprising result, 17 participants [out of 36] reported chills without any external stimulus, by only recalling emotional events. These ‘mind’ chills were reported by participants as varying extremely widely in both valence and arousal.
[...]
That chills can be elicited without any external stimulus suggests that cognitive activity alone may be sufficient to lead to chills.
[...]
In our current study we show that chills can be elicited by mere cognitive activity without any external stimulus."

The article in itself is not very interesting, but I thought it interesting because it is the only one that I've seen so far that mentions the ability to summon the goosebumps independently of any external stimulus (and therefore, at will).
Even more interesting, 17 out of the 36 participants in the study had those "mind chills", which is about 50%. This seems to indicate that this ability of ours is widespread.

A previous study (too lazy to look for it right now) showed that when subjected to some music, some people have chills and some people don't. This corresponds to my personal experience when I try to explain my ability to others: a certain number of them know what I'm talking about when I mention chill/thrill/frisson/goosebumps (but can't do it at will), whereas some others never have had the experience of goosebumps/chills when subjected to something beautiful or emotional.

If we keep that in mind and look at the result of Grewe's experiment, it would be fair to emit the hypothesis that a lot of people who can get goosebumps in general also can get them without any external stimulus.
I think the reason that when we mention our ability to others they are surprised, and that we don't ever meet anyone who has our ability, is possibly that it has not occured to them to throw themselves into a state of mind which would elicit goosebumps, or if they have, they did not reflect upon it, or have not trained/toyed/experimented with the sensation as much as we have.

Offline spardanto

• View Profile
Hi Thouv

Not sure if it equates to 50% given the fact that they were probably all chosen to do musical frisson with a few selected who couldn't even do musical frisson.

You might for example find that 17 of those people can do induced frisson whilst a larger number can do both or just musical,perhaps because they DO require external stimuli.

Not sure why but i seem to have a number around 25% in my head (may have read it somewhere)

Also i think i remembered reading that women seem to be the ones who can do musical frisson more but from my overall experience of talking to people who can do self induced i've only seen about 2 women versus about 30 men.

Still like you say an important piece as it's directly related to all of us.

The real question is whether or not there's a difference between musically induced and self induced frisson

Offline Goosebumper

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hey!
Firstable sorry for my English  [:I]
Iīm also one of the "goosebumpers" and as many of you, I also tought that Iīm the only one until I googled that subject and found this forum.
I have always had controlle over it, as long as I remember. I read that many of you can hold these chills for longer than minute but I only feel them 4-5 seconds. I can create another wave also, but next ones come usually weaker than first one. It starts behind my neck and spreads down my spine, then into my hands and legs and always makes my face sweat. Then few sec. later skin on my legs and hands gets really cold and goosebumps appear. I donīt really like to do it often, because it makes a bad feeling in my chest(heart?). I would like to know if anybody else have these bad feelings in their heart(itīs physical) or is it only my problem?
I have used it only on really hot days, when I feel that I need to cool myself down. It really helps. And somehow I have always known, that this ability can cure people. So when I was about 8-9 years old, my sister had an eye surgery and after that I held her hand and let my chills into her body. Amazingly she didnīt feel no pain. I have also cure my mother and some closest relatives and they all said the same- it can reveal or take away the pain.
After my fatherīs death, when I was 16, I started to see auras around objects and people. I also have ability to feel energys with my hands(include my own chakras). And like someone here said before, that somekind of thouht comes into your head and next moment it really happens, so this thing happens to me all the time too.  :D
I donīt know if its all connected somehow.
By the way, Iīm female. So not only boys in here  ;)

All the best! 

Offline morycce

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi,
I've watched this thread grow over the years and always feel relieved to know that more and more people are out there with this ability.

I'm a 23 year old male in Bay Area, California.

I can cause goosebumps at will,though, ive never experienced it on my legs before. I started off calling them by rolling my eyes in back of my head, and after regularly practicing meditation, I can now cause them to occur at will. The "waves of electricity" as people have described them, is the same for me. The waves cause me to feel a euphoric feeling and I regularly get a wave every hour or so whether I called for the goosebumps or not.

I've started to use the goosebumps as a radar for when I find something that is very true for me, that literally "resonates" with me. The past couple hours of reading up on many of your posts have kept me constantly in goosebumps  :D ; I feel very good right now.

I've never experienced any signs of increased strength or nullification of pain as others(I just have a high pain-threshold not linked to VIG) , but like others I can also do small things like : raise 1 eyebrow, move my ears, control my heartrate (fun in doctors office), and cause shocks to people occasionally.

I've practiced Eagle Claw martial arts and a bit of Qi Gong (currently learning Tai Chi).
I don't know whether VIG is related to psychic abilities, but I have over the past 5 years honed my precognitive abilities to being an everyday thing, as well as have had success with beginner telekinesis excercises (spinning the PK wheel clockwise,then counter clockwise, under a jar from across the room).

In regards to posts concerning the metaphysical and "supernatural", I used to be a very big skeptic until trying my own experiments with things like precognition, telekinesis, auric sight, etc. Now I know western science is severely limited in its understanding of non-physical phenomena and doesn't want to deal with things it cannot explain in its already fragmented view of the universe (relativity vs quantum physics). Fortunately, things are changing in that regard thanks to the internet ferrying more and more information and thus communication between scientists (and people like us) across the world.

I hope this thread continues and thought it was finally time for me to contribute my own experiences.

« Last Edit: 24/07/2011 08:04:38 by morycce »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums