The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?  (Read 244932 times)

Offline gbc89

• View Profile
All of you might find this interesting:
http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=ExhaustionPhase [nofollow]

I can feel it in my face, it's also a bit visible.

Offline cheryl j

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I have heard of athletes, like track runners, using mental imagery to get their heart beating faster so that when the gun goes off, blood is already pumping faster through their system and delivering more oxygen to their muscles.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
Hmm, quite a competition this :)

I'm only waiting for Mr Castaneda now..

Offline Coco87

• First timers
    • View Profile
I'm a newbie and came across this site after realizing that not everyone can do this.  I too can create the "waves" of goosebumps.  I haven't really tuned it in to see if I can isolate different areas like others on here. 

Now I have not much medical experience or anything, these are just my thoughts when wondering why I can create that sensation all over my body. Could this possibly be like being able to wiggle your ears or nose??  ....like its a muscle that someone "stumbles" upon being able to isolate and control?? But on the other hand, I feel I have a spiritual (if that's the correct word for it) or mental connection with people, like I can read their minds, like I know what their thinking.  There are alot of times when I just "know" what people are talking about.  I'll be talking to my boyfriend (long term almost 6yrs) and know exactly what he means or is going to say....almost de ja vu like, but not in the since that i've heard it before, more like I just know.  Same with work too.  I've worked for the same small company (only 2 employees in the head office) and everyday she (the boss) will turn and ask me something but I know the answer before she's done with the question.  Or she'll ask a very vague question and I know exactly what she wants.  Maybe this is connected to the being able to produce goosebumps at will.  Like maybe it's just being more aware of the surroundings.

Also, I feel that I am an old soul, one whose been around for a while.  Maybe all of this is connected???

Who knows......................................just my thoughts after a long day of work.........

Offline Gizem

• First timers
    • View Profile
None of you guys feel it in your face at all? I feel it come from the crown and travel through my head as well.

See if you can send it to your right palm and make it heat up.

Sounds like ablemage is taking about something similar to the Merkabah.

I can feel it on my face, too. And I can feel it in my head(brain?) if it's really strong.

Offline Wilderness

• First timers
    • View Profile
Well I am only 15 and I was like you other people who can recreate the goosebumps. It started out very young, if I ever thought of anything mystical I would end up getting goosebumps and eventually I could simply do it without a thought. I can do it whenever I please and it is very easily done if I look at one of my hands. It usually starts with my forearms and travels all throughout my body and then starts at the center of my mass and goes through again (that is what usually happens.) I recently got into meditation although I could do that before I ever learned. I can also recreate the heat sensation anywhere in my body. I can focus my eyes in and out but that was a learned ability, and that enlarges and shrinks my pupil. I always know when people are looking at me and where they are. I commonly know what people are thinking but it isn't voluntary. It happens on its own. And I heal from wounds faster than the other people i know and I can often heal people. I discovered that my mom also has the ability to recreate the goosebumps. I was simply curious to check if it was normal or not. But if anyone has any questions or suggestions for anything I should do then free feel to email me. And I did not know it was relevant at all but after reading other people's replies I also have a very high tolerance for pain, I can move my ears, nostrils and eyebrows. If that even has anything to do with it...
« Last Edit: 12/02/2012 05:07:54 by Wilderness »

Offline ScottMcfarlane

• First timers
    • View Profile
This is insane, I can do this as well, and I've always asked people if they could do it to. I can send a chill or 'pulse' through my body, and I can control whether it starts in my arms or legs. I always try to make the feeling go into my head, but it doesn't work unless it's a strong signal. I can also control my pupils and make it blurry or sharp. Sometimes I actually try to maintain the 'pulse' throughout my body, but then I start to shake so I stop. My heart rate rises (or feels like it does), I give myself goosebumps, and the only feeling I can relate it to is a chill of some sort that I signal out to my body. I've not been able to find anyone else who can do it until now. Has anyone found an answer to this problem?

I think it has to do with my nerves, but it's definitely voluntary as I can force the 'chill' wherever I want for however long I want. I don't think this is spiritual or anything, and infact in an earlier post someone mentioned releasing adrenaline, and I honestly think it sorta feels like that's what it may be. I also have trouble sleeping at night and some have suggested I do a sleep study.
« Last Edit: 17/02/2012 00:30:00 by ScottMcfarlane »

Offline ClassiC738

• First timers
    • View Profile
Ok I was just doing this and decided to google it to see what the tingles really are..  Like the rest of this forum, I have been able to do this since I was a kid, like 5 or 6.  I've always been a scifi fan and thought it had something to do with telekinesis.  Well i'm 35 years of age and haven't moved anything with my mind, so thats out!!  But I do remember in my younger days when i did it that my heart would beat funny.  So i practice with it when i was bored and was able to what i believe is slowing my heart to a stop.  I don't know how anyone else bring on the tingles, but i'll describe it like this.  If you bring the tingles on quickly, this will cause your heart to beat faster. Well if you have the ability to bring the tingles on, but not at full tingle power and concentrate on your heart rhythm,  You will notice your heart to beat slower. I would let go when my heart stopped for more than 2 sec. and everything would go back to normal, heart racing of course.  Now i only did this as a child and maybe once in my teenage years to see if i could still do it. I'm to old to try it now. My heart might not recover.  Just thought i would share this since i'm not the only one.

Offline some1unknown

• First timers
    • View Profile
I along with many of you guys can send tingles from the back of my head to the rest of my body and that will trigger goosebumps all over my body. Well come to think of it i am 16 and have been doing it at the age of 10. I think there may be an emotional connection with the tingles because when i feel inspired or listen to a motivating song the tingles get very much stronger. When it try and focus on one part of my body with the tingles i feel like they travel to that area but also "leak" to the surrounding areas.

I have a feeling that all people who can tingle so to speak can do the things the others can so lets have an experiment?

People who can control pulse and body temperature, what steps exactly do you take to do it?
People who can tingle with their abdomen, how do you do it?
People with healing is it the goosebumps that heal? if not why else?
People who can tell what a person is thinking, how do you know? and have you verified it?

Well i guess thats my contribution to this topic...

Offline lemur1230

• First timers
    • View Profile
Woah!Im and ive been able to do this since i was 8. I can send a chill at will and get it intense enough to make my hairs stand and get goosebumps. Its usually making my hairs stand first then goosebumps. I usually do it when listening to music and certain times in the music to get a really intense chill. i was just doing it and decided to look it up and here i am. I usually get hot after doing it a lot, but it feels cool. Its also cool knowing others can do it. at first the chill just went from my neck down but i discovered you can send chills to specific parts of your body. like just your right arm. But i dont think ive ever been able to send a chill to my feet. Has any one been able to?

Offline vetmode

• First timers
    • View Profile
I just registered because Jolyon's posts were a spot on description of one of my phenomenons.

I have never done any meditation/tai-chi or similar things, I am not religious and in general a very skeptical person. But since I was a child I had some weird abilities:

• I can create great heat in my palms at will, maybe 10° C difference from normal temperature, I can move this heat energy to the rest of my body but it seems to need a lot more "energy"
  • I can create the "goosebump" waves that Jolyon mentioned, his description is the most simple form, with more concentration I can pulse them all over your body and repeatedly or even a steady "flow"
  • I can create a "nice" sensation on my forehead, it feels like someone pressing an extremely soft warm pillow on the "third eye" location
  • I can slow, increase and for a few beats stop my heart rate, this was tested by friends of mine, among them one who just became a doctor a while ago
  • I can create a feeling of magnetism between my palms, could just be my imagination though, certainly never moved anything with it :)

I hope I can contribute some useful information to the discussion, feel free to ask me anything!

People who can control pulse and body temperature, what steps exactly do you take to do it?
People who can tingle with their abdomen, how do you do it?
People with healing is it the goosebumps that heal? if not why else?
People who can tell what a person is thinking, how do you know? and have you verified it?

Well i guess thats my contribution to this topic...

1. I "release" something at the back of my head where the spinal cord meets the brain. I can't put it in better words, sorry. However I never think about cold things or need to imagine something. I just make it happen.
2. Not sure about other people but I can generate this from everywhere. It is however strongest when I release it from the "Jolyon spot", maybe because that's the one I'm most used to.
3. No healing effects for me.
4. No mind reading either.
« Last Edit: 06/03/2012 15:13:45 by vetmode »

Offline some1unknown

• First timers
    • View Profile

1. I "release" something at the back of my head where the spinal cord meets the brain. I can't put it in better words, sorry. However I never think about cold things or need to imagine something. I just make it happen.
2. Not sure about other people but I can generate this from everywhere. It is however strongest when I release it from the "Jolyon spot", maybe because that's the one I'm most used to.
3. No healing effects for me.
4. No mind reading either.

Interesting when you said you release something from the back of your head, could you describe the feeling similar to when you "goosebump"? or is it an entirely different feeling, if it is please describe it.

Offline Thouv

• View Profile
I made an exciting “discovery” or two yesterday. I was fiddling around with voluntary-induced goosebumps (VIG) in my room while listening to music, and here’s what I found:

1. It usually helps if I tense some facial muscles when I give myself VIGs: my forehead smooths out and some muscles in the back of my head tense up. If I kept my muscles in that position instead of moving them for each wave of VIG, I felt like I could have a more permanent flow instead of the usual waves that I have to trigger every time.

2. More importantly, when I give myself VIGs, it takes a little bit of time for my hair to stand on end, maybe a few seconds. I was giving myself VIGs and I was moving my arms around, and I noticed that my hair would be fully erect earlier than normal. I tried again and it gave the same result: waving my arms around probably increased the blood flow to my arms, so this would seem to indicate that whatever is causing the goosebumps is something that is being transported by the blood (a hormone?) and not just a nervous/electrical signal.

Could some of you try this (moving arms vs. not moving arms) and let me know what results you get?

Cheers!

Offline Rene

• First timers
    • View Profile
Goosebumps.

I missed them when I realized at one point that I wasn't having them anymore.  So there must be something good about them.

Actually, as you well imagined, they're at the tip of an iceberg.  I did some playing around with OBEs, not quite believing people could have them, and discovered a connection to goosebumps--I always called them shivers, but the warm-fuzzy kind since they really are more like an electric current than just something to move hair.

I realized that with enough concentration, and it took A LOT relative to what is used day-to-day seemingly for most of us, the VIGs (nice term, voluntarily induced goosebumps) accompanied the projection.  I surmise that the goosebumps we feel normally are the stirrings of being able to project our light body if you will.  If they have been found to increase strength, as others have written, it would make sense.  Since our light body is keeper of our physical.  BUT we must remember that mind is in control of the whole process, so any body we imagine is of mind.  And, with enough concentration then, what is there that mind can't do?  Concentration is essentially akin to people working together.  With enough resources, is there anything that cannot be accomplished in the physical?  Can the mental be any different then?  There is so much more to us than we know.

I've used goosebumps to take the bit out of searing pain on multiple occasions.  It probably aided the healing process although I wouldn't be able to say for sure.  I will hazard a guess that us who can VIG probably place more clout in our own healing ability than what doctors would say.  That isn't to say we don't go to the doctor, because everyone (here, in the world) gets distracted.  We simply recognize that health is the process of sharing, and in sharing our ideas count as much as the next person's. By sharing I mean the actual kind, without decrease.  Like in sharing of ideas, where the idea because it doesn't leave its host, just grows.  We CAN share ideas and DO share them.  It is the stuff that drives electrons, which concludes the unmentioned question of what brought me to this post: that goosebumps and telekinesis are probably related.  Both are certainly a matter of concentration.

Cliff hanger.  What's next?

Offline Rene

• First timers
    • View Profile
Mind reading.

Mind reading is clearing of the mind.  To think it's related to goosebumps is like comparing a boat and car.  Yes, they can both be operated by the same person, but likely not even at the same time (proverbially speaking, since there really is no time).Mind reading.

Mind reading is clearing of the mind.  To think it's related to goosebumps is like comparing a boat and car.  Yes, they can both be operated by the same person, but likely not even at the same time (proverbially speaking, since there isn't actually time).  Time would make another discussion.  This one's about mind reading.

Look at it this way.  If you could know the thoughts of those around you, would it help you be productive in your own life of self-exploration and learning about yourself?  Forget the worry about what to do with the thoughts of others and how best to use them (because we would use them, either for good or bad) while we are wondering how to know them.

Don't be daft.  Everyone can read minds and can do so without goosebumps.  It's actually no different than, say, picking up the subconscious through body language--which constitutes more communication in face-to-face meetings than all the words we use combined (I think someone once pegged it at about 93%).

The question is, why can't we read others?  And to that there is an equally simple answer: we are not yet aware enough of the self we currently still question and explore.  The unity that does pervade all "life" attests to a one underlying system of which we are all a part.  We needn't tap into that one, but on our way to it, as our self-awareness grows, so too will perceptions in relations to others. 

We will be able to read other's minds at about the same time when we stop caring about wanting or needing to do it.  Recognize that with the ability comes the ability of manipulation.  And if we're not ready to "manipulate" someone into a greater self-awareness, do you really think that same self-awareness will have bestowed its graces onto us already?  It's a partnership!  Keep plugging away at understanding and the understanding must come.  That's why there is no time; because an awareness of everything IS possible.  (Time is merely a means to incrementalize, to dilute.) 

We have all time to learn about ourselves.  Until finally we do.  And then we find there is no one else and that mind reading of something we ourselves have objectified is just silly.

To think about mind reading, and have a want for it, is no different that wanting to know more about yourself.  For whatever else others may say about anything we do in life: If it helps in gaining understanding, in furthering awareness and re-opening, re-awaking the mind to its own timeless reality, then it's a good thing.  Keep at it!  :)

Offline Llacurall

• First timers
    • View Profile
I'm watching a movie in which the characters have special something... And I'm thinking that would be cool if I could do something different like that, something not fully understood... Oh yea I could do that goosebumps /Vig.
Well at least " I " didn't understand it, so I did what most people would do when they have questions about their body,I asked my dad google.

I'm glad people were able to describe it cause I wouldn't have been able to. After reading a few posts I wanted to share too.
So yea goose bumps ,heart all that.

Asian male 30 this year, can't pinpoint when I did the whole goosebumps Vig thing but definatley before middle school cause I use to freak out the girls in class. Always hoped it was more than what it was. Maybe it is maybe its not. But I tried all kinds of things growing up prob everything written in this forum. This is what it does for me.

GoosebumPs . For me in hot or cold weather when I do the wave and sustain it I feel neither cold nor hot jus the goosebumps temp/feeling so when I'm walking outside on a hot day I do it and all I feel is the wave and the heat kinda stops for the time being same for cold weather. Kinda works the same for pain, still feel pain jus not a much. Maybe cause I'm concentrating on the goosebumps. 

For me I think I'm more sensitive to electromagnetic/ energy/ ? There are times when I can't control the goosebumps ether not being able to make the Vig or not being able to stop. Its like an energy, sometimes its jus a loction sometimes it pass through me .There are times where it so intense its like wave after wave afterwave and can't stop it. These by no means are scary or creepy places that you think would make you have goose bumps. Also a weird feeling when I can t do it maybe jus dead air ? Yea dead air, air that isnt electricaly charged.

In Asia it's called dragon lines, not fully understood (or fully understood but we don't know) which are altered forms of the earths magnetic field. where these lines of energy cross it creates a massive amount of energy.  Ancient civilizations built pyramids, unexplained stone monuments ect ... At these vortex of energy. How did they find these points of intersecting "hidden" energy?
Magnetite enables living creatures to sense magnetic changes.. found in human tissue linked to the ethmoid bone in skull. Animals are believed to use it for navigation.se  Maybe where just a little more sensitive to these hidden energy.

In Asian culture can't speak for American even though I was born n raised in Virginia, our body has to maintain a internal body temp not too hot not too cold , it's a ying and yang thing. I run hot. Regardless And always feel like I need moving air. Jus me ?
Does anyone control their dream ? Like its a fine line between waking up and dreaming , but being able to hold your state of mind In a dream state for longer. Basically not waking up when you realize your In A dream. Only down fall is sometimes the only way to snap out is to jerk awake or moan and it's pretty scary cause I feel trapped . And my wifey doesn't like me jerking outta bed. So I stop doing that. Do I sound crazy yet ? Jus putting it out there to see if there are any similarities . It could just be my sleep,apnea and I'm an insomniac...this prob the wrong forum for those questions.lol

With all that said I would have to say I'm not as "sensitive" to certain things as I use to be.  I think it goes with age ? Use ? Who knows?

Offline OBK

• First timers
    • View Profile
Llacurall, dream control is called lucid dreaming.
it's a wonderful skill, don't abandon it.
if you feel trapped, that's probably sleep paralysis. to get out of it, change your breathing pattern.

Thouv, goosebumps are the reaction to cold, it causes the body hair(including scalp) to stand creating the layer of air, thus preserving body heat.

i too can manifest goosebumps at will.
i wonder what tai chi,yoga people would say about it.

Offline some1unknown

• First timers
    • View Profile
Oh and just adding to my previous comment i have done some tai chi/kung fu or something similar to it when I was smaller about the age of 11 but my brother and sister have also done the same thing at the same time and they cannot do the goosebumps voluntarily.

On a side note i read along the pages and i have been practicing with doing goosebumps from my back and have almost mastered it... but it feels much weaker than from the back of my head

Offline emancera

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I was reading this post (from the ones in 2003) and to be honest I havent finished... so I'm sorry in advance if I sound repetitive with this.
I sent this mail to a poster, thinking that a post from 2003 wouldn't be active anymore, but to my surprise, after 9 pages of posts this post IS active. So here it goes.

Hi,

I was reading about that strange ability of controlling goosebumps at will. I read your input in : http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=428.25 and you have no idea how happy I was when I saw a way to contact somebody else that could do this. To be honest I've felt as if something was wrong with me for a long time. Just like you, I started having these goosebumps at first when something moved me (like epic music or, just like you, LoTR-type landscapes).

I would like to share with you my "findings" and finally be able to speak with somebody openly about it without feeling like something is wrong with me.

So here is my story and I hope it doesn't bore you.

As I said, at first (around 7-8 years old) I used to get those goosebumps watching cartoons and movies like Krul (all that was medieval or ancient would do the trick). I started to observe and try to understand the feeling when I was 10-11, then I was able to produce them, starting either from the kidney area but in must cases at the base of my spine/stomach area. Then it was just a matter of keep observing and learning what I could do with this.
To make a long story short, here is what I can do and what is worrying me:

I can control the goosbumps at will, the intensity, the path they take in my body, but not much the duration (I used to but not anymore). If I cant make a goosebump just with thoughts usually it will be enough to put my hand together or do a gesture with them and they happen. I used to practice martial arts and I noticed that when I'm doing the forms it is easier for me to start the goosebumps and to extend them I use vocalizations.
I can stop pain as long as it's not intermitent pain. I do this by sending the goosebump to the affected area once the pain starts, if the pain goes away and comes back I need to do it again. If it the pain is intense it wont work, for example, I was able to pull out a broken nail (accident while playing rugby) without feeling any pain just the pulling from the pliers, afterwards I didnt need any painkillers during the recovery; in the other hand, I couldn't hold the pain when I had a gull stone and had to be taken to the emergency room to get my gull bladder removed.
Having a "full body goosebump" wakes me up completely even if I havent sleep for more than 24 hours (happens very often in my work)
When I'm sick (like flu, fever, joint pain), I'm able to put those away by concentrating in the feel of my muscles moving and when the pain or exhaustion kicks in, I use the goosebumps in that area to "reset" that part of my body, I can't cure the flu of pain with it, I just function as if I was healthy even tho I have bronquitis or something of the sort.

Thats for the good part. For the part that worries me I will use an analogy. I see as if my body was an electrical instalation, and somewhere in the base of my spine, stomach was this generator of goosebumps. Now that I'm older (30) I feel as if the cabling was getting worn out. When I was younger the whole thing used to fill me up with energy without side effects; now, if I use it too much, it drains me completely and I feel more exhausted. As an analogy I would say it is no longer a source of energy is more like a way to increase the thruput that my body normally has.

During this process I've become very close to my body, I've learnt to "listen" to it and, as you can see, I kind of see it as a separate entity, in the sense of it has its limits but some times I'm able to push those limits with things like the goosebumps for example, but I have the feeling I'm over using it.

I would like to read what is your experience with all this.

Regards,

Offline jsmart123

• First timers
    • View Profile
Same Here. I am able to do this goosebump ability as well. Though I believe mine is more of a healing ability. Here is my reason. I was climbing a small tree when I fell scraping my knee. When I used my ability, a scab formed shortly after. Here is another reason. My little cousin had the pink eye not to long ago. I put my two fingers up against her eye and healed her. About an hour later her eye went from being reddish pink to pinkish white then later to white. it came back again i did it again. Last reason. My aunt had a headache. I put my hand over her head and boom healed her. A little later she tells me her head feels fine as if she never had a headache. I believe evolution is taking its course.

Offline Sansanoy

• First timers
    • View Profile
Wow, it's so nice not to feel alone anymore. Let me share my experience.

I never noticed the goosebumps until much later in my life, what I did notice first was the energy and a slight changing in perception. My first time was at church singing a hymn that had particular relevance in my life. This feeling stuck with music until later when I began to develop a need, it was a want as well, but mainly it was a need to change the world around me. A simple want wouldn't make it happen, somehow I had to think of a need for it to happen.

My experience of vig

It starts at the solar plexus and moves out but mostly up. When it starts it feels like there are two strands vibrating in resonance. One of the strands is me, the other one is something unknown to me. These strands are always vibrating and not interfering with each other until the the feeling begins. When it does my vibration changes and resonates with the other and I feel a change in myself. My thoughts become focused, my pupils dilate, my body feels stronger and lighter, my will/resolve seems absolute.

Now, the feeling...It begins from my chest and extends to my upper legs and to my wrist ( I have a hard time getting it to my hands or feet). It feels like I am on fire... I feel it burning like an invisible flame around my body. It's "tongue's" always reaching upward about a foot above my body. The most intense part is out of the top of my head. My whole head feels like a vibration is going through it as it goes numb. It comes in waves too like Ooohmmmooohmmmohhmmmm. I have found that I can even draw it out more like i'm sucking up energy through the ground and the top of my body and then pushing it out around me. It builds and builds along with my "need", it feels incredible for lack of a better word but then there is no outlet to bring it out more and I have to let it go.

It feels incredibly powerful, and yet I have accomplished nothing with it. I have had some changes to perception, hearing, smell, sight. I can hear, see, and smell other peoples feelings, intents, emotions in an empathetic manner. I can dull pain, unsure about the healing. Somehow my body is cooling down though without me being chilled. I was in the shower and decided to do it under the really hot water. I gave myself goosebumps along with cold skin right under the hot water!

My thoughts on this...vig (I think we need a better word) is that it is incapable of evil. Every experience I have had with it, non voluntary, has been at the peak of something righteous song melody, words, action, sacrifice. When I choose to make it happen only positive things can bring it out. One of my most memorable experiences was reading with the tv turned on. I wasn't paying attention to it, but I think it was a cartoon of the "red wall" books (which I know nothing about). Some one shouted "I AM that IS!" and my body blew up in this feeling. I wasn't even paying attention to the tv.

I have experienced the "creepy" goosebumps involuntarily. Those are so very much different. Not the same vibrating strand. It's less a resonance of two strands and more a take over of your own strand to snuff it out.

Thoughts?

Offline Sansanoy

• First timers
    • View Profile
^ I wanted to add something. After reading through all of these pages and seeing how many similarities we had I realized I should not have left a particular part out. I left it out because I thought it unrelated, but now I see it is worth mentioning.

Others have said that "things pop into their head." I have experienced that as well. There are 3 different types of of this occurrence in my experience. Two of which seem to be disordered memories or events.

1. Dream memory: You have a memory fragment of a dream you had last night. There are particular pieces of that dream fragment that are striking to you. Later that day a portion of that dream fragment occurs. Here is an example, one of many that I have experienced. I have a dream that I crash my car into an absurdly yellow sports car. A few hours after waking I recall that fragment, and notice that the yellow color of the car, it's sporty nature, and the crash seems to be very strong in the fragment. As I drive I take particular attention to anything yellow. I see a car with an extremely yellow bumper sticker and the driver is behaving like he has a sports car. Later down the highway the car takes a deep right turn into the next lane so that he can make a wide left turn and nearly hits me as I pass him in the straight way lane (half way into my lane). The striking nature of the memory fragment causes me to be cautious of yellow while driving thus preventing me from getting into a wreck. The striking parts of the dreams are never wrong or inaccurate. It's like the emotions of that day find their selves in your dreams the night before. The emotion gets coded into a dream. The striking parts of that dream segment are the emotions of a future event.

2. Reversed memory: "stuff popping into your head" in the wrong order of time. Example you walk across an area and look at a particular spot on the ground that day and think "why do I always see bugs turned upside down?" "Should I help them up or are they upside down on purpose because they are dying and in pain. If I happen to see a bug upside down how will I know if I should turn him over? (note I have heard that bugs turn themselves over when they are in pain to lessen the pain) Two hours later you are walking across that same area, and in the same spot on the ground you looked at before there is a bug turned upside down. It's as if your memory is in reverse. (like 1 this happens way too much to comfortably call it coincidence). Same with the movie thing or others. The process of thinking is in reverse, you are thinking about the event before it has happened.

3. Reverse deja-vu. This has only happened to me once. Unlike regular deja-vu that happens at the end of an event this happens before the event. You feel the same way as a normal deja-vu only instead of "that has happened before" it's "I know whats going to happen now". When it happened for me I knew exactly what was going to happen for ~eight minutes. I knew exact timing, the exact sentence and tone of everything that would be said and all events that would happen. It was like I already saw the movie, only it was real life. I had no more knowledge of the events than I would have had as a single observer. Or in other words I only knew what my normal 5 senses would then experience over the course of those eight minutes.

It surprises me how automatic we learned to dull pain, change our temperature, "hide" ourselves from attention or reveal ourselves. I just did these things when I needed to, I didn't have to learn them, I just did it automatically like scratching an itch.

Has anyone else been able to locate people you care about? Almost like a compass?

..(these are my empirical observations of my experience with vig. Like a patient before a doctor I can only describe the symptoms as I perceive them.)
« Last Edit: 17/08/2012 22:44:35 by Sansanoy »

Offline Raphael

• View Profile
I AM currently reading all 9 pages to see IF anybody has mentioned that when they breathe IN and OUT they can cause their goosebumps to RISE and FALL respectively?

'imagine' you are breathing in the manna with each and every breath?

resulting in waves of goosebumps, crown on fire, hairs on arms and legs standing on end....etc...exhilaration, addictive too...

feels very yummy by the way...given a choice between having orgasms or TRUTH chills as I call these goosebumps now, associated with your reawakened NEO within, the inner NEO-Neanderthal actually which is still alive in the right brain, as your intuitive guide...

That would be my spin on it and according to the book by Stan Gooch at least...The Dream Culture of the Neanderthals
I might not be far from this INTUITIVE Truth.

well that's my NEO trick for now, trying to improve on it, how I came to be struck by the thunderbolt/lightning of ZeuS and Thor is yet another story in itself.

In order to tell that part of my narrative I will need to introduce the archetypal 'SS', a MEME memory that seems to get carried forward through space time.

namaste

« Last Edit: 18/08/2012 14:49:39 by Raphael »

Offline Sladeb

• First timers
    • View Profile
I also can make my brain twitch. It starts from the top of my head and goes all the way to my toes and finger tips. If I make my brain twitch a lot it will make me sneeze. Once my aunt twisted her ankle and i grabed her foot and put my fingers on her ankle. I made the wave go down to my finger tips. She said she felt a thud and that her ankle quit hurtting. After that she said her ankle never hurt after that moment. I dont know if that means anything... But I saw this and I thought i was the only one who could do this.

Offline tommarty920

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have also been able to do this since I was very young. Actually didn't even notice the goosebumps till right now. But that "wave" feeling is what I typically use it for. Whenever I get headaches I use that feeling to soothe the headache. Quite useful for that purpose alone.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums