The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?  (Read 244635 times)

Offline kwayneg7

• First timers
    • View Profile
soo how many people can really do this? to me it is not difficult to give myself goosebumps on call. i dont know much about this so called "ability" to say the very least. i would like to ask a few questions though.

should i tell my doctor, are there any materials related to this post that i can read and how do you stop the gag effect?

do any of you experience a gag reflex that litterally chokes you, forcing you to stop? i do and sometimes think that this is something we shouldnt do to ourselves.

ive been able to give myself goosebumps for quite sometime but didnt really figure out how to manipulate this effect until after i hit my head and healed up. i cant say that it isnt a cool thing to do or that it wont impress people if your good at it but is it really safe? i ask myself over and over, is it safe to do this almost every time it happens. could i choke to death or could you choke to death? i really want to know if any of you gag most of all. sometimes it just opens up full throtle and i end up gagging. i know it feels good and all but i dont want to die. sometimes its just triggered and i cant do a damn thing about it except gag and choke until it stops.

anyone, anyone at all know how to stop the gag?

p.s. awesome thread, tickled me silly enough to register.

Offline Ryjo

• First timers
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but I can trigger a chill/wave to go down my spine at will. Now I haven't always had the ability to do this, but I remember discovering this "ability" when I was 8 (I am now 20yrs old).

Now every time I do this there's a sound and a feeling that I get. It feels like a slight pressure behind my eyes and it sounds identical to when you plug your ears and can hear what I can only assume to be the air pressure. After many years I've now mastered triggering that sound and feeling.

A few notes about what this is/does as it is normally hard to describe.

1) At first I could only achieve this feeling when I closed my eyes. This is still the "easiest" method

2) Around the age of 13 I became able to achieve this while staring upward, as if I were to roll my eyes.

3) At 18, I could now achieve this feeling/sound without moving my eyes at all. This is where things began to get very interesting as up until this point I had assumed my eyes were the key to this whole process.

Now onto the effect.

Immediately after I achieve this sound and feeling in my head a chill, that seems to originate from either my shoulders or neck, travels down my spine. Now after recent experimenting with this whole process I can now control the direction of this "chill". I've recently sent it down my left arm and when I could no longer feel this "chill" my arm immediately felt warm and then like pins and needles.

I'll answer any questions anyone may have about this. I thought it was relatable to the topic.

In truth the whole thing freaks me out a little, as I don't know anyone else who can do this. It seems like I can mentally control more in my body than should seem possible.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but I can trigger a chill/wave to go down my spine at will. Now I haven't always had the ability to do this, but I remember discovering this "ability" when I was 8 (I am now 20yrs old).

Now every time I do this there's a sound and a feeling that I get. It feels like a slight pressure behind my eyes and it sounds identical to when you plug your ears and can hear what I can only assume to be the air pressure. After many years I've now mastered triggering that sound and feeling.

A few notes about what this is/does as it is normally hard to describe.

1) At first I could only achieve this feeling when I closed my eyes. This is still the "easiest" method

2) Around the age of 13 I became able to achieve this while staring upward, as if I were to roll my eyes.

3) At 18, I could now achieve this feeling/sound without moving my eyes at all. This is where things began to get very interesting as up until this point I had assumed my eyes were the key to this whole process.

Now onto the effect.

Immediately after I achieve this sound and feeling in my head a chill, that seems to originate from either my shoulders or neck, travels down my spine. Now after recent experimenting with this whole process I can now control the direction of this "chill". I've recently sent it down my left arm and when I could no longer feel this "chill" my arm immediately felt warm and then like pins and needles.

I'll answer any questions anyone may have about this. I thought it was relatable to the topic.

In truth the whole thing freaks me out a little, as I don't know anyone else who can do this. It seems like I can mentally control more in my body than should seem possible.

Hi Ryjo

It seems like you have discovered the ability that other people have when then move their ears !

....What i mean is ...clearly by some circumstance you found a way to move a muscle or twinge a nerve impulse that is usually outside the purview of our usual capabilities.

Thing is...now what do you do with this skill ?

Offline Ryjo

• First timers
    • View Profile
Well I guess I'll continue playing around with it. I mean as I said, I discovered this ability at the age of 8 and since then I've been learning about and expanding on it. To put it into simplest terms, it's like have new hand and I'm mastering the use of all the fingers.

Offline some1unknown

• First timers
    • View Profile
My understanding of this from my gathering resources is that goosebumps is a reflex which is controlled by the cerebellum, I believe that the motor and the conscious parts of the brain is connected to the cerebellum and can be controlled willingly.
This cannot normally be controlled because it is a reflex that was used in our ancestor's primitive hunter and gatherer lifestyle. But for some strange reason we are able to control it. The most primitive answer to why we can is that it is a learned ability or our brains has made that connection between the motor part and the cerebellum. But actual scientific research into this subject will probably leave answers similar to synesthesia. But this is all observations and guess work.

hazzary453

I too am able to give myself goosebumps at will, to do so i think of being cold and a cloth scrubbing on carpet(I hate that sound) I am as of yet unable to to many other unusual things, this may be due to the fact I only found i could have goosebumps at will a few months ago, although I can rid myself of small aches and pains by willing them away. (not sure if that is uncommon)

Offline spardanto

• View Profile
Hello all been about a year since my last post.

Glad to see the discussion lives on.I've been somewhat neglecting my research on this subject but am back no so will hopefully be passing on useful ideas/info etc.

I'm feeling that it won't be long till the moderators decide to close the topic saying it's "not scientific enough"

Makes you wonder if they'd have joined in hanging Issac Newton for his "crazy ideas" about gravity lol

Anyways should that ever happen i was thinkin we could do  with a group or website or something where we would be free to discuss this.Whilst i lean to the scientific side of things,i'm not fool enough to believe science holds all the answers,hell they can't even marry up quantum theory and general relativity etc.

But that aside,i think the very fact that so many people posting so very similar things,sometimes word for word must mean that there is some substance to it and that we should continue collecting as much data as possibile.

Anyways anyone know of/capable of hosting a forum or something to discuss this subject matter in more detail?

Onto another subject though.I'd like to just say hello to all those reading and all those who posted me/emailed me on the subject.Whilst i have mainly been gone over the last year i've still taken time to talk to those with questions on the subject and hopefully i've given some satisfying answers.

I'm more than happy to continue talking and helping those who wish it and by all means feel free to PM or email :johnbrown406@msn.com if you have questions,think you could host/help host a more suitable place to talk on this subject or would like to talk in private on anything you feel is related to the subject be it scientific or otherwise-  I have an open mind

Offline Jagermasta

• First timers
    • View Profile
Its funny if you think about it but what if this was a natural thing for us? I can do this as well like all of you and I, as well, thought i was alone. After reading all of your posts i can see that if we were born into the world that was meant for everything and not just us then it would come naturally. This is only anecdotal evidence but isn't that what our imaginations are for? Just a thought.

Offline adodge

• First timers
    • View Profile
Well, I also joined just to post here.  I first noticed I could do this when I was in rehab, and when standing outside on a hot, humid day (hot = 100+ degrees!)  I started to notice a wave of static electricity that would always start at the base of my neck and spread towards my extremities, producing goosebumps on my back, arms and/or legs, and accompanied by a very pleasant relaxing sensation, a sense of inner peace.  If they are strong enough, it is also accompanied by a cold chill followed by a pleasurable shudder and/or deep sigh that actually seems to increase the intensity momentarily, like shaking a guitar while one is holding a sustained note.  Unlike a genuine cold chill that is uncomfortable, this feels more like a much needed cool breeze on a hot summer day, except that on that day there was no cool breeze, which is what made it stick out in my mind as unusual.  It usually doesn't last very long, but if I concentrate I can command successive waves that sometimes get weaker, and other times get stronger each time, but never lasting more than maybe 30 seconds or so total.  I also notice an increased depth perception, as well as a slight brightening of lights and colors.  In that moment, I feel that I am in tune with the universe, as if I am standing back and seeing the connection between all things.  For a while I was simply in awe, since it is the closest thing I have ever had to a "spiritual" experience without some kind of mind altering substance, but over time I started to realize I could will myself into this state with enough practice in the same way one realizes that they are dreaming and that the whole dream is a construction of their own design.  You see, reality is a story that the mind tells itself, and with practice you can alter your perceptions similar to the way one becomes lucid in a dream state.  It takes enough self awareness to realize you can control it, but I believe most people have this ability as long as they open themselves up to the possibility.  As far as the dream connection goes, I often have open eye hallucinations that I can sometimes control just before falling asleep and I can usually become lucid very easily while dreaming.  I'm interested to hear if this is a common theme.  Just last night I was able to teach myself to fly (well, more like glide really) just by sticking my arms out and believing that I could.  We limit ourselves more than we realize just by having a closed-minded approach to the world, which is why I believe that in a infinite universe all things are possible.  I didn't honestly believe in the possibility of god or have any understanding of what it meant to be spiritual until after I got clean and started having these experiences, that may sound cliche but it's true.  Coincidence?  Who the hell knows, but I do know that in that brief moment of bliss, everything makes perfect sense and I am able to see the follies of the world, and separate the things that really matter, and yes sometimes it brings a beautiful tear to my eye because even the negative things suddenly make sense in their own stupid way, and that gives me hope for the future (By the way, I am a die hard optimist).  I have had no negative effects so far, and I am getting quite good at it considering I only realized I could do this a couple of years ago.  I am about to turn 29 if that gives you any frame of reference.

I'm fairly certain that this is NOT an adrenal dump, because I have no noticeable increased heart rate or perspiration, and as a die hard adrenaline junkie I know what that feels like.  Some people may be different, but for me these are two completely separate, distinct feelings.  When I get an adrenaline rush from being angry, almost dying, etc it is never accompanied by goosebumps, cold chills, or anything like it.  Adrenaline is designed to numb you physically and emotionally, and with this ability I am actually able to amplify my emotional state, expand my consciousness, as well as have increased physical sensations which makes me think that it may actually be serotonin or possibly even dmt/melatonin.  If anything it actually seems to relax the muscles in my neck and put me at ease.  I can't tell you how excited and eager I am to learn more about other people's experiences.

-allen

Offline adodge

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hello, just remembered some more details that I forgot to mention in my last post.  I know this is supposed to be a scientific forum, so I will try not to make too many assumptions here and just stick to what I know and can observe. 

Probably about 10 years ago when I was just starting to experiment with drugs, I found this nifty little program called the I-doser, which I used to play binaural beats through a set of studio-quality headphones that I just happened to have.  If you have never heard of binaural beats before I encourage you to look into it more.  The program I had promised to release various neurotransmitters, and I settled on the pineal gland because it has always fascinated me.  Now, whether binaural beats are in fact real or just a placebo may never be proven, but the placebo effect IS a well known, proven scientific phenomena, just not a well understood one.  However, placebo or not, by the end of the session (about 20 mins or so) my eyes were vibrating back and forth very quickly which was a bit unnerving at first because I couldn't stop it but it dissipated after a moment or so.  Now... whenever I get a particularly good chill, if I close my eyes I can focus on it better by tuning out distractions, but in doing so I also notice that my eyes begin to dart back and forth slightly.  I can actually feel them moving from side to side against the back of my eyelids.  This immediately reminded me of the REM stage of sleep (which I wish I knew more about).  Since your pineal gland is also active during deep sleep, it seems like there must be a connection there.  Now I'm no doctor of course, but if someone really wanted to do a study on pineal gland self-activation, it seems like a FMRI machine would be useful.  I believe that anyone who says this cannot be studied doesn't really want to try IMHO, because where there is a will there is a way.  Also, I'm putting myself up for adoption as a ginny pig!!!

-allen

Also, don't forget that imagination is more important than knowledge.  Open your heart, open your mind...

One last edit for anyone interested in learning more, and seems to confirm the pineal gland connection based on what others here have said... newbielink:http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/the_third_eye.htm [nonactive]
« Last Edit: 08/11/2012 20:35:09 by adodge »

Offline adigold

• First timers
    • View Profile
chills/shivers down spine
« Reply #235 on: 09/11/2012 10:24:28 »
Its nice to know that i am not the only one who can control these chills/shivers down the spine and get goosebumps.

I first discovered this "ability" when i was 16. i started to get this odd shiver all the way down my spine every time someone would come near me. it starts at the back of my skull and runs all the way down to my feet. after a year of trying to suppress these chills they finally stopped for about a week but then came back even worse. I realized something different this time. whenever someone would walk passed my i would get a major shiver down my spine and i would start to feel and know how that person is feeling and see what they are thinking! at first i thought i was going crazy because i could sense everybody's feeling around me and i started to go insane. then my mother comes to me one day and says, "son do you ever walk past someone and immediately feel how they feel and pick up on their thought?" and i told her i was. she started to tell me i was born with some kind of extra sense ability or something and these "chills" control them. she told me one day i would be ale to do much more than just feel peoples feelings.

now three years later after experimenting with these chills/shivers i could finally control them. now whenever i touch a persons hand and summon these chills/shivers and i can see their memories and what they have done in there life!! honestly it scares me half to death every time it happens and i don't know how exactly i do it.

I don't know if someone can tell me what is happening to me or if anyone else has experienced the same thing but its starting to scare me and if anyone has an answer to this or how to make it stop than please tell me.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
... whenever i touch a persons hand and summon these chills/shivers and i can see their memories and what they have done in there life!!

Get a "reputable academic" to confirm this and claim your million dollar prize from Mr Randi ...

Since April 1, 2007 only those with an already existing media profile and the backing of a reputable academic are allowed to apply for the challenge. The resources freed up by not having to test obscure and possibly mentally ill claimants will then be used to challenge high-profile alleged psychics and mediums
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge#History_of_the_challenge
« Last Edit: 09/11/2012 23:13:53 by RD »

Offline m.miranda4987

• First timers
    • View Profile
as you mentioned i can also control my goosebumps, without having to think of anything i can make my goosebumps rise for a good period of time concentrating on it. I havent met anyone that can also do it until now, im glad to know that there is people who can also do it, although youre one of the few... i whish i can find more info on this topic and i do i will be back here to share it.... good luck and if you get any other info please share.

Offline Jagermasta

• First timers
    • View Profile
Smoke weed and trigger it...trust me lol

Offline adodge

• First timers
    • View Profile
actually now that you mention it I've noticed that pot does seem to enhance this somewhat, but then again it enhances everything so no real surprise there.  However, for me I definitely don't need to be stoned to be able to do it, but it still helps.  Cannabis has been used as a meditation aid for thousands of years partly because it enhances insight, and I'm starting to suspect that these goosebumps and the elevated level of consciousness that seems to accompany it is actually simply the ability to slip into a trance-like state at will (at least for me, that is).  A few weeks ago I had some particularly good skunk and rolled a pinner for me and a friend, but turns out they couldn't smoke so I finished it all myself, and right afterwards while sitting in a very relaxed position I started to get the tingles.  I de-focused my eyes (staring into infinity like you would with one of those magic eye pictures) and almost immediately started getting some extremely psychedelic distortions, ripples seeming to spread outwards accompanied by color distortions, particularly a shade of blue tint that would coalesce and condense into the focal point of my vision, increasing in intensity as it collected itself into a ball of intense pure blue light, getting progressively brighter the smaller it got right up to the point that it disappeared into a single point, at which point the process would immediately repeat itself, successive balls of blue light condensing into intense points of light gaining in intensity each time so that each was brighter and denser than the last.  The whole time my goosebumps were slowly and gradually building in intensity, lifting me on a smooth rising wave that felt like it was lifting me out of my body, instead of the short bursts that I'm used to, and I was gradually tuning out the world and eventually only seeing these balls of blue light even though my eyes were still open.  I was able to sustain that feeling for longer than I ever have, probably a good 3 or 4 minutes or so and probably could have gone much longer but I got distracted and immediately snapped back to reality. Flashback?  Maybe.  I've had similar visual distortions before especially when staring into non-repetitive patterns like popcorn ceilings or a gravel driveway that will cause the surface to seem to melt and ripple like the waves on the surface of water, but this was a bit different and MUCH more intense and actually quite enjoyable. The whole time I got the distinct feeling that I was not a passive observer in this experience, but sometimes it's hard to separate cause and effect.  Anyways, in a way I almost don't want to know the exact scientific explanation because that would take away the mystery and enjoyment of it all (think "When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer" by Walt Whitman), but whatever it is I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline hager0123

• First timers
    • View Profile
I myself can control my heartbeat, give myself goosebumps, dilate my pupils, loosen my muscles, and cause myself to produce a lot more saliva and mucus. Is this normal? What does this mean about me?

Offline adodge

• First timers
    • View Profile
just ran across this while doing some last minute homework:

Mystical:  evoking our awe, love, wonder, gratitude 

Offline Raphael

• View Profile
this video on youtube from a neuro scientist helps explain so much about the truth chills, the source is actually found in the RIGHT brain, i.e. the hippocampus, so goes the theory.

this video builds on the work of Michael Persinger, co-inventor with Stan Koran of the 'God Helmet'.

enjoy

namaste
« Last Edit: 20/01/2013 17:24:11 by Raphael »

Offline RedFish

• First timers
    • View Profile
Good to see I am not alone.

I am a 45 year old man who has had this ability since childhood. Starting in my 20's I experimented and developed the ability, and it is now very strong and I have a high level of control over it. I can hold it for well over a minute (2-5 minutes sustained) and can direct it wherever needed.

For the scientists:

Knowing the Scientific Method, I will try to document evidence in this first part of the post and refrain from anecdotal references and speculation until later in the post. There is far more to life than can be isolated by science, but I will endeavor to keep this first part as scientific as I can.

Direct experiences I have had an can easily reproduce:

1. Direction of electrical-like energy from the region of the Medulla Oblongata to any location of my body at will and without regard to breath, eye sight or specific thoughts or memories.

2. The ability to sustain this energy for several minutes without fatigue.

3. The ability to use this energy to heat my body.

4. The ability to lessen the effects of pain (though I have a natural high threshold to pain already).

5. The ability to project this energy up from my cranium (the region of the Coronal Suture) in such a way that my hair stands straight up.

6. The ability to direct this energy by both mental means and by changing my posture. For example, arching my spine forward concentrates the energy on my back and Gluteus Maximus).

7. 20-25% increase in muscle strength by the direction of such energies.

Observations and possibly related events:

Through experimentation, I have been able to cause an even sunburn on both shoulders to possibly heal faster on one shoulder than the other by a difference of 2 days. The reason I say "possibly" is that I had no way of being certain both shoulders were identically burned, they only appeared and felt the same.

My vision has been 20/15 to 20/10 (better than 20/20) for most of my life.

I also have increased control over facial and aural muscles. I can de-align my eyes, defocus them and make them shake rapidly at will. I can rouse a loud roaring in my ears, and make each ear independently move in the vertical direction.

I have been shocked by electrical current on several occasions.

My heart and blood pressure are both 'normal' when I go for medical checkups, so these frequent exercises seem to have done no harm to them.

OK, those are the scientific points. Now for the insights gleaned over 40+ years of experimentation and development of these abilities.

It grows stronger with practice. People often comment that my skin looks younger than my 45 year age, but lately age is starting to catch up. My eyes are finally starting to tire and need reading glasses, but using the energy rejuvenates them for a half hour or so if I don't have glasses handy.

I have done many experiments around healing, and all but the sunburn example are inconclusive. In any case, it *seems* to speed up healing and even seems to work on others when I lay hands on them and invite the energy into them. I say "invite", because it is far more effective when approached that way as opposed to "commanded".

I rarely get sick (perhaps due to diet and constitution), but when I do, the energy doesn't seem to have much of an effect on fever or symptoms.

I have done meditation and pranayama, but these seem to be distinct from this ability -- though I believe they have helped me focus and direct the energy better.

I have noted that birds (particularly ravens, crows and jays) seem to have this ability too. Watch them and you will see what I mean.

I first became able to control the ability when I was watching the movie "Excalibur" in 1981. There is a scene where Merlin uses "the charm of making" and his words strongly activated the chills. So I memorized the words (Ahlnal na thrac outh vas bethod doch yel tienveh) and was able to summon the chills at any time using them. I no longer need the words now.

Here's an interesting anecdote. When I was in my 20's , I went to a wedding in Vegas. The bachelor party was 'off the hook' and I drank way, way, way too much. I got alcohol poisoning and could have died. My best friend is a physical therapist and took me back to the hotel to observe me (I was unconscious). He was about to call 911 because my pulse had dropped too low, when he remembered the Merlin chant (I had confided my ability to him and he was also an Excalibur fan). He loudly chanted it, to try to get me to respond to his voice, and then he said it was as if a shock passed through my body and my pulse quickened and my eyes opened. Amazingly, I got up, drank some water, went to sleep and attended the wedding a few hours later!

In my gut, I am convinced that this ability is drawing energy of some kind into my body and that it is similar to being electrical in nature, but more subtle. Experiments I have done with a digital multimeter show that my body always has a fluctuating current and doesn't necessarily correspond to the activation of the energy. Perhaps it is not the right instrument... but I would be willing to allow any researcher to try to measure it if they have better equipment.

Finally, regarding TK and other 'powers' -- I wish I could say I have them, but I have tried and do not seem to.

I am glad to know that others have this ability and are developing it. In my case, I am still healthy at 45 even though I call on the energy often ...so I would tend to write off any claims that it can damage your heart or veins. On the contrary, my experience leads me to believe the opposite is true.

« Last Edit: 23/01/2013 21:15:19 by RedFish »

Offline RedFish

• First timers
    • View Profile
A few more thoughts occurred to me:

I am a lucid dreamer and often fly and have TK in my dreams. I have personal experiences in some dreams that lead me to amazing personal discoveries in the waking world (that I would not have investigated without the dreams).

I am a thrill-seeker type and have done many risky and sometimes dangerous things.

I have had a near-death OBE experience about the time I started being able to control this ability.

I had the ability long before having any interest in spirituality, but my investigations into spirituality have greatly enhanced the ability.

I do not take any medications as a rule. I even refused pain killers after severe trauma and surgery resulting from a near-fatal motorcycle crash (the motorcycle landed on top of me and crushed my chest, broke several bones, etc.) I was at work the following Monday.

I fathered a child post-vasectomy (demonstrating unusual healing capabilities).

I did use fluoride toothpaste for years, but this does not seem to have inhibited the energy summoning ability. I have since stopped using fluoride after learning of its negative effects on the pineal gland. This does not seem to have made a difference.

I do not believe in aliens, do not see auras and do not trust astrology -- but I often know who is calling me just before the phone rings. Often times it is someone I have not spoken to in a long time and had no reason to believe they would call. I also seemingly randomly get the idea to call someone I haven't talked to in a long time and they say "we were just talking about you right now!". These occurrences are common throughout my life.

I also do not believe the energy has anything to do with the adrenal gland. Trust me, I know what adrenaline feels like and the effects are vastly different.

Hope this info helps.l

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I often know who is calling me just before the phone rings ...

...a near-fatal motorcycle crash ...

Pity your ability to foretell the near future did not enable you to avoid the donorcycle accident.

I fathered a child post-vasectomy

Vasectomy failure rate (if doctors instructions are followed) less than 1%.

Average percentage of “fathers” not the daddy 4%
« Last Edit: 23/01/2013 20:03:46 by RD »

Offline RedFish

• First timers
    • View Profile
I often know who is calling me just before the phone rings ...

...a near-fatal motorcycle crash ...

Pity your ability to foretell the near future did not enable you to avoid the donorcycle accident.

I fathered a child post-vasectomy

newbielink:http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/news/20040505/vasectomies-pregnancy-prevention [nonactive]

newbielink:http://men.webmd.com/news/20050810/paternity-study-shakes-up-family-tree [nonactive]

Hahaha... I only wish (or maybe not) I could tell the future. But that assumes there is only one possible future, which is preposterous. This is more like a form of telepathy. When someone I have a close connection with is thinking about me, I somehow pick up on it... That's all. BTW, Quantum String theory scientifically supports the possibility of such forms of telepathy.

Your injection of the opinion "donor-cycle" tells me a lot about you. Thanks for that.

Regarding the fatherhood thing... The child is verified as mine, the doctor's instructions were followed and the doctor confirmed my procreative capabilities are restored. He told me such instances are ~ 1 in 1200.
« Last Edit: 23/01/2013 20:50:05 by RedFish »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Your injection of the opinion "donor-cycle" tells me a lot about you.

Here's an expert who shares my "opinion" ...
“Motorcycle fatalities are not only our number one source of organs,” said one surgeon. “They are also the highest-quality source of organs, because donors are usually young, healthy people with no other traumatic injuries to the body, except to the head.”
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/22/motorcycle-helmets-and-donor-organs/

[ I used to drive one myself when I was young and ignorant, but after seeing the result of Car Vs Biker I wouldn't ride one again ].

Offline beatyouonce

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can anyone relate to this? Have you ever tried to keep the goosebumps inside? You know how they always seem to go up to your head up your spine and then just go away.

Have you tried keeping it inside and moving around but never letting it out?

I feel it gets a lot stronger the longer you can do that, i can only manage that for about 20 seconds. But i can keep the goosebumps fullbody going for 2-4 min.

Then there was that chi man video on youtube, I personally dont believe anything until i've seen it myself, but he does mention that he pushes in energy into his stomach, where he "mixes it"

Not i've tried pushing as much of this into my stomach/ab area and if you can hold it there and keep adding it does seem to feel interesting.

P.S i dont buy into any of this mystical stuff spiritual or whatnot, if this stuff is real if it is an energy we all have that we can control, then it will be explained by science.

Offline JJ88

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can anyone relate to this? Have you ever tried to keep the goosebumps inside? You know how they always seem to go up to your head up your spine and then just go away.

Have you tried keeping it inside and moving around but never letting it out?

I feel it gets a lot stronger the longer you can do that, i can only manage that for about 20 seconds. But i can keep the goosebumps fullbody going for 2-4 min.

Then there was that chi man video on youtube, I personally dont believe anything until i've seen it myself, but he does mention that he pushes in energy into his stomach, where he "mixes it"

Not i've tried pushing as much of this into my stomach/ab area and if you can hold it there and keep adding it does seem to feel interesting.

P.S i dont buy into any of this mystical stuff spiritual or whatnot, if this stuff is real if it is an energy we all have that we can control, then it will be explained by science.

Finally some  people with  common intrests , i have the same  freaking  abillity and i dont know how i can even manage to do it. But i was in to dragonball Z long time ago i was 15 at the time.
I went with a friend during full moon outside, screamed like an sayian and since then im capable of doing this at will. I just have to visualize the energy flowing or bursting out of my body and there it is : goosebumps all over my body. Its almost 10 years now. Think im gonna have a little goosebump party, if anyone has some questions feel free to ask.

(Disclaimer, this is NO bullshit story! All the events happend as told here!)

JJ88

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums