The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?  (Read 244765 times)

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Jolyon, I think it's great that you can control goose bumps.  Bet if you practiced you could have some interesting extra-sensory experiences, or have you already?

Offline the_kizmet_zephyr

• First timers
    • View Profile
I came across this topic searching for others who are also able to control parts of their sympathetic nervous system.  I too am able to control my goosebumps...making them appear on a certain arm or leg or all of my limbs.  I can also make them go away at will.  I also can control my heart rate when I want to.  It is definitely a conscious effort.  I spoke with a college anat/phys professor at one time and she told me that only a handful of people are able to do this.  Apparently we are in the company of Yogis (sp) and such who can slow their heart rate and even change its rhythm.  With practice we are supposedly able to control our temperature and some other bodily functions which are normally not within our control.  This college prof. also suggested I be studied at a university because she thinks people like us may have the skill of telekinesis (moving objects with only your mind) Go figure...  It's kind of bizarre, who knows.  Basically I think we are just very in tune to ourselves, our thoughts, our feelings, especially our physical feelings.  My theory is that we are able to record a physical feeling, interpret it, and then sort of "replay it" at will.  It is a reminder of just how much control we truly have over our bodies and minds!

Offline Mens Militis

• First timers
    • View Profile
I, like Cannabinoid, have studied the art of meditation, although I have never really gone deep enough to do much. The closest I could get is to increase my heart rate, but could never slow it down. However, I have known people who could which was proven by another counting their pulse. I believe that there are many things that we can do with our minds that have been repressed by the fears of religious superstition, and I would be greatly interested in studying this further.

In the case of the goosebumps, if, as Chris says, they can be triggered by thinking cold thoughts or such, which is a mental trick without actual stimuli, why couldn't they be brought on by mental concentration without the false stimuli?

I  can't explain the "waves" that Jolyon describes, but I too feel what I imagine is the same thing in one form of meditation that I do. It is very simple but helps to calm myself down before going to sleep. I will briefly explain the process so that you all can try it, and perhaps feel these waves yourself. The waves, however are controlled, in this form they do not voluntarily shoot across the body as with the goosebumps.

It is preferred that there be no noise in the room, but I use new age or relaxation music to help my concentration. You lay flat on your back on a bed or comfortable surface with legs straight and arms flat by your side. Let your head lay softly on a comfortable pillow (sometimes I use three pilows to support the sides of my head), but try to keep your body as flat as possible without using any muscles. Close your eyes and relax as completely as possible. Once your are comfortable, begin with one toe on a foot and concentrate on it, focus on relaxing it until you feel it tingle a little. Once it tingles, do all five toes, then up the foot, then continue slowly up the leg. Move from one area to the next only when the previous tingles always focus on relaxing that part (sometimes I even repeat "Relax" in my head as if commanding that body part). Once the one leg is done, move to the next and repeat the process. After the legs, move up the torso and chest, then do the arms up to the shoulder starting with fingers as with the legs and toes. Finally focus on your upper shoulders, then neck, then finally head and face. Usually by here, I am getting close to falling asleep. As you move from part to part, you can feel the tingling spread to each part as its being focused on. After completed, you can feel your whole body tingle, which feels very similar to me like the tingle you get before goosebumps.

This may take a little while to get right because it can take a lot of concentration. Any time a thought enters your head, just return to the body part and focus on it.

I get some really serious tension head aches to where I can actually feel the back of my neck spasm, and with this relaxation technique, I have learned how to control them, and even stop them at times.

Any how, just thought I would share this technique and perhaps allow you to demonstrate for yourselves how we believe that bodily functions can be controlled via concentration.

Mens Militis

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details" - Einstein

Offline Rick

• First timers
    • View Profile
T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jolyon,

I can also produce goosebumps at will.  I was curious about this "ability" so conducted an internet search on the topic.  This website was the first site that came up on the search results.  Unlike you, I can't control my pulse rate.  In order for me to produce the goosebumps, I have to close my eyes and concentrate slightly.  Each time that I do this, it creates a wave starting at my temples and flows to my legs.  It seems that the goosebumps only show up on my legs.  Please let me know if your experience is similar.

Offline Rick

• First timers
    • View Profile
T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jolyon,

I can also produce goosebumps at will.  I was interested in this "ability", so I conducted an internet search on the topic. However, I can't seem to control my pulse rate.  In order to produce the goosebumps, I have to close my eyes and concentrate slightly. Each time I do this, I can create waves at will that start at my temples and flow to my legs. The goosebumps normally only show up on my upper thigh. Please let me know if your experience is similar.

Thanks

Offline superken

• First timers
    • View Profile
Is nice that you can control yourself anytime to have goosebumps, I can do the samething too. It was an old man teaching me from the way of breathing, so is more like a breathing skill, when I was teach by the old man, he said some can be already do it without teaching, some can be teach to have that effect, and which is, thats the first part of the breathing skill, you can probably get some history articles in chinese website, thats call 氣功. In a higher state of the breathing skill, you can control your body temputure, blood flow go faster, and heal yourself, and able to heal others with the skill. This is my msn,  superken2000@hotmail.com if you wanna know more about this.

Offline superken

• First timers
    • View Profile
And, you can do it by breathing, and not by breathing, also, you can do it with concentrate and not concentrate which is control your will at a normal state of your mind. Which is you can do it while you driving the car, or walking. Also my old man told man, if you were the kind that can control it, you have the will to do many different things which normal person cant do, in other words, this is a special type of genes in human body, or you can say is a 3rd generation of human.

Offline lanem

• First timers
    • View Profile
After searching the internet about this topic, this is the first time I've found something about it.  I have been able to produce goosebumps for as long as I can remember, since I was a child.  I can do it at will, standing outside in the Southern U.S. humid heat, without having to control breathing or tightening muscles.  Like Jolyon, they spread down in waves over my entire body, I even feel them on my face.       

Offline Kinesis

• First timers
    • View Profile
I too can control the flow of energy from the Medulla Oblongata to any part of my body I concentrate on. When I was a child, these waves of goosebump-causing electricity would occur spontaneously whenever I had mystical thoughts.

At first, they happened when I would watch a movie with mystical scenes or listen to certain choral music. Then they would happen when I would hear a raven or see an Irish landscape, etc. All things ancient and mystical could cause them. These spontaneous occurrences started when I was very young.

In time, I learned to produce them at will, and can now send them to any part of my body in intense degree if necessary. It is an ability that can be greatly developed with practice. Concentration is necessary, and I used to notice an increase in breath rate just afterward--but have now reached a point where I can do it without affecting breathing. I can do it with or without closing my eyes... indeed I am doing it while I type this.

These exercises do not have any adrenaline-like effect on me, though they do have an effect on my skin. Not only do I notice goosebumps in areas I'm sending energy to, but the skin becomes softer, more healthy in time. I am experimenting in healing sunburn with this technique.

Here's an interesting bit I just recently learned... my now-deceased paternal grandmother apparently could do it too. My aunt was telling me stories about her and said her mother used to judge a person's spiritual level by the 'goosebump affect' they had on her. So perhaps there's a hereditary element to this ability??? When she was on her death bed (multiple strokes, she was in her mid-nineties), I noticed how young and soft her skin was, but didn't make the connection at the time.

My sister and father don't have the ability. Nor do his siblings as far as I know (I've asked my father--and his sister, my aunt, would've mentioned it when she told the story I think).

I have a gut feeling that this ability, if developed and used wisely, can be used to heal. I can use it to will myself energy when I'm fatigued, though I haven't experienced long-lasting energy. I will keep developing this ability and will report back if any new developments occur. Meanwhile, if you wish to contact me about this, my email is tarmacfish@yahoo.com

-Steve

« Last Edit: 24/01/2013 16:54:28 by Kinesis »

Offline Serious

• First timers
    • View Profile
I too can control goosebumps, and the feeling that occurs when they are created is exactly as Jolyn explained with the wave description. I have also noticed a unusual knack for controlling blood flow. I have not really tried to strengthen these abilities although I would love to have some suggestions on how to as well as what else I may be capable of doing.

Eagerly awaiting your responses

PS (Just to sound like a complete madman,although I promise what I say is the truth, I also have a tendency to pick up surface thoughts from people, those who also get goosebumps might like to give it a try, start out trying to pick a single digit number from someone, it takes  lack of concentration, you want to try to do it, but not think what the number is otherwise conscious suggestion takes over, just let anything wonder into your head it comes across as a fleeting suggestion)

also how many of those who display these abilities were born late feb early march?
« Last Edit: 22/08/2007 15:18:03 by Serious »

Offline Kinesis

• First timers
    • View Profile
I know when someone is thinking about me (no matter the distance). They just pop into my thoughts and I pick up the phone... and they invariably say, "I was just thinking about you!". This happens with people I haven't talked to in years as well as those I'm in frequent contact with. The only caveat is that I must have a real connection with them. In other words, I have to care about them and relate to them on some deeper level. I haven't yet developed the ability to pick up their individual thoughts, but that would be fun... maybe I'll try that next.

I don't have any experience with controlling my pulse, but I can tell you that the key to sending the 'goosebumps' to a specific region is concentration. Say you want to send the energy to your right big toe. You might practice curling the toe; flexing the toe muscles at the highest possible level; or focusing your attention acutely on the sensations coming from the toe (temperature, air flowing past the skin, etc).

This increases your capacity to really focus your will and consciousness upon that location. You will then realize that sending the 'goosebump' energy to that location is effortless. In the beginning, it may originate at the base of the skull and move in a wave down the body to that location... but it *will* make it to the location you desire and remain as long as you hold it there. Later, it will arrive almost instantly at the point you desire...

I haven't yet been able to send the energy into another person's body, but I'm working on it...

-Steve

Offline Prem

• First timers
    • View Profile
OK guys I'm new to this but I too can clear goose bumps but haven't progressed into "creating" them as of yet and any advise would be appreciated. But I also have some Ideas to what this is.
Firstly has any one here heard of nuero feedback, cause this is what I thought I was doing. Sure nuero feedback involves being aware of the brain's activity but what if that is what is happening and to quote one of you guys we are just "replaying" what our brain has done by it's self. I don't claim to be any kind of expert but any help would be great. Also for those of you who can "create" goose bumps could you help me with this.

Offline Templer65

• First timers
    • View Profile
Interesting to note that I am not the only one who can do this. Yes it seems a parlor trick. Its not a genetic thing thats for sure. I have been able to do this for as long as I can remember also, but neither my parents, brother or children are able to. I am also able to slow and raise my heart rate somewhat, but have limited practice at this (seems kind of scary to do it to long); and can "pop" my ears at will.  [:) Glad to see I am not the only one.

The goose bumps, for me, seem to be generated by a tensing method around the temples of my head, from there the goosebumps generated in waves down my shoulders to the arms, with prolonged effort(1-2 minutes) they progress to my legs (definitely the front of them) eventually my chest and back also.

Heat does not seem to be a variable as I can create them when I am cold or warm, even stop them. Walking home from work takes about 20 minutes and I can hold off goosebumps or even sweating for the duration with conscious thought. But if I am interrupted the sweating and natural cooling takes over and I have a harder time stopping it again. When I get home I stop trying to control it and let my body have its natural reactions, its over faster this way. And my shirts don't cling to me...lol.

Never tried to direct it to one part of my body but sure it works.

Clearing goosebumps to me is halting the tensing action. Try pushing/stimulating - usually begin with a positive/exciting emotional  thought.

Questions: When you go to sleep, do you go to sleep fast? and does your body react with the first dream. i.e I dream of stepping off a curb and my leg jerks waking me back up. (My spouse is then mad at me for falling asleep just seconds after our last conversation). Is there a connection?

Offline Andrew K Fletcher

• Neilep Level Member
  • KIS Keep It Simple
    • View Profile
I just managed to get some shivers down my spine and my hair follicles are definitely on overdrive, got a chill all over my body and possibly an understanding of the process.

Occasionally we get scared, well not scared exactly but aware of something that we canít see or touch, yet it is more than capable of sending shivers down the spine and inducing goose bumps. For example, my garden shed in the dark, we draw straws to see who is going to get the dogs tripe out of the freezer in the shed. Many times we can go in but on occasions you get the distinct feeling that someone or something is about to breath down your neck, you can almost feel the cold breath on the back of your neck and sense something unnatural standing behind you.

Now, doing what you suggested at the back of your neck sounds a little like what our imagination does to us when we are about to run like hell for no apparent reason other than something is breathing down our neck and about to whisper something we definitely donít want to hear.

So it is possible to send a chill down the spine that could induce goose bumps and  equally possible to learn how to induce this sensation at will, which brings me to an interesting observation some 3 years ago while in a supermarket. My family have a fear of touching metal objects because we tend to discharge electricity that often causes a fairly audible cracking noise as the sparks leap from our fingertips. Not much fun for the girl at the check out till in the supermarket who receives an unpleasant jolt as the spark leaps to her fingers.  We put this down to static build up from the shopping trolley, but quickly realised it did not always relate to the supermarket.

While my son and I were happily discharging our unwanted volts to each other, I managed to zap him a good one. By all accounts this should have completely discharged me. I was not holding on to a trolley immediately after zapping him so did not expect to have any charge in my body. However, I felt a really weird sensation go up my spine and into the nape of my neck, like that cold chill we talked about earlier but this one made what little hair I have on my head stand to attention. Out of curiosity and possibly science, or sheer devilment more like, I lifted my finger up towards Jasonís ear, who incidentally didnít flinch because he was confident that I could not have charged within 1 minute of zapping him previously. How wrong he was when a huge spark zapped from my fingers to his ear causing him to yell out. I have no doubt that this spark was sufficient to ignite a flammable liquid or gas.

Does this fit with your own experiences?

Andrew

Offline Michaelmoon

• First timers
    • View Profile
Nice to know we are not alone! Does anyone know of the yogi connection with this and other control of 'reflex'? I hope you all can let go of the control and let things happen when you want them to,
Cheers
Michael

Offline Seldin

• First timers
    • View Profile

I see it has been quite some time since someone last responded to this however I too share the covenet ability to control goosebumps at will. I discovered that certain thoughts would cause it sometime in the eighth grade although I didn't give it much thought. I didn't think about it further until the tenth grade when I realized that I could control the impulse without any other stimuli.

I started learning during the cold months where I would sit in the halls before class, shivering. Usually I waited before first period for about 20 minutes. First period was always the coldest; between that hallway and the classroom I was shaking. Perhaps seventy minutes a day of shivering is what led to my discovery for It was these long hours of shivering that I slowly gained a grip on the ability.

at present I'm 25, and I can consciously summon goosebumps at will. There seems to be no time that prevents me from doing it although some moments require more concentration than others. I can direct the sensation to any point that I desire however my ability to increase sensation in one area over another doesn't seem to have any visible appearance as of yet. Controlling the speed or intensity of the sensation is easy and can be demonstraited.

For me, the calling card is a subtle contraction of something inside my nasal cavity in an area just above my nose and between my eyebrows. The sensation occurs as if I am breathing in and contracting at the same time although I can do it whether breathing in or out it seems to be somewhat stronger on the inward breath. After I regulate my breathing I can even it out.

Before it happens I can feel a pull all over my body, I can generate this pull in the same manner as the goosebumps, this seems to be the predecessor of the stronger sensation before it is released. When the goosebumps finally turn on I feel a tingle or surge that flows from my back in a diamond pattern from where my neck meets my shoulders. The same thing occurs around my head and face, before reaching other areas. I can switch it on at a specific location, or one side of my body first and then the other.

The sensation can last for as long as I keep it up or until I experience a period of fatigue where I just can't call it anymore. I give the signal but it just wont go. This usually only happens if I surge intensely for a minute or two and burn myself out. After a moment of powering down I can turn it on again. If I steady the flow I can keep it going for a couple of hours so long as I don't lose concentration. The process is not usually painful or uncomfortable. I actually find it enjoyable, however, if I do it long enough or hard enough it does become uncomfortable and fatigued like a muscle burning sensation after a long workout.

Just for the record I can feel it everywhere, eyes, tongue, ears - even my gums and teeth feel tingly when I do this. This makes me wonder if something else is going on behind the scenes. Because things that don't have gooebumps still tingle.

I did make a video of myself controlling it so if anyone would like to view it I may post it.

Offline Paramedic

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have the same thing. I have been able to do this all my life. I can cause a "fuzzy feeling" at the base of my skull/top of my neck that causes chills to radiate down my limbs and torso in waves. Within seconds it will cause goosebumps to stand out on my arm legs and chest. I can do this at will, regardless of temperature. I showed my wife once, and she thought it was a pretty stupid "ability", but humored me. She asked why I couldn't do something useful, like predict lotto numbers. Sigh. I once asked a MD about this, and they told me it was a form of self biofeedback.

Oddly, I have also been able to slow my pulse since I was about 15. I used to do it a doctor's offices to alarm the nurse taking my vitals. Especially if one came in after another and took the same vitals. I' drop my pulse from 85 to about 60 to mess with them. I know, cheap thrill.

I never put the two together. The goosebumps and the pulse. Being a paramedic, I've studied the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. I am familiar with ACH and norepinephrine production in the body. I guess this may be a way of either increasing the nor-epi production OR blocking the acetylcholine (ACH) release through semi-conscious effort. I have no other explanation.

Offline techmind

• Un-obfuscated
    • View Profile
    • techmind.org
I remember seeing a documentary on TV a year or two ago about freedivers (people who dive to depths of up to 70m without any breathing apparatus). The world record is something like a 6-7minute dive I think, so they have to hold their breath that long. This is only possible by slowing their heart rate. They do this under conscious control, and on the program they had a freediver lying on a bed hooked up to a hospital heart rate monitor -I think he took it down to 15bpm or something daft. I think the machine was beeping like crazy!
The freediving is very risky - the people are right on the verge of blacking out.

On a slighly related topic when I was 18-ish I suddenly discovered how I could raise one eyebrow independently of the other. My mum thought it was cool! But a year or so later I "forgot" how to do it, and I certainly can't do it now. Weird.

I can relax my eye-focussing and let things go blurry at will (I don't think this ability is that common). This is something I learned while messing around with "autostereogram" 3D pictures when they were all the rage in the mid 1990's.
« Last Edit: 08/03/2008 23:03:16 by techmind »

Offline Seldin

• First timers
    • View Profile
Well, your eyes are in focus because of the focusing muscles around the eye. So if you were to relax those muscles your eyes would go out of focus. I can do this as well. I'm sure everyone can do it. Then again, if learned everyone could do the goosebump thing too. So just because everyone can do it doesn't mean its not an ability :)

The eyebrow trick is pretty cool, some people can move their ears. I do it naturally when I hear something just off to my side but I don't know how to do it conciously.

I once saw on Riply's Believe it or not, an 80 year old shaolin monk who could do a one handed pushup, upside down, on one finger. Not bad eh? of course he couldn't balance on his own but he sure could push.

Offline weisseraffe

• First timers
    • View Profile

Hi there!

Awesome that I found this because I can do these too (well, not so much the goosebumps).

As for my pulse rate, I can increase it by 75% - 85% seemingly spontaneously (from say, 14-15 beats in 15 seconds to about 27 beats in the next 15 seconds and then back down to 15 beats in the next 15 <and so on>).  I can slow my pulse too, but I have to focus more and it's less dramatic (about a 15-20 beats per minute decrease).

I can also make myself feel as if it were cold on the inside of my skin, which sometimes brings on goosebumps (although I don't seem to get them much for even normal reasons).  When this happens I mostly feel it in my back and inner shoulders.

I can do these without really doing any noticeable amount of tensing and without having to think about anything in particular. If I had to explain how I do this in detail, I would say... I can trigger a tingling sensation (without tensing) from right underneath my jaw where it meets my ears which spreads very quickly to inside my ears and then to my neck and chest, then shoulders and stomach.

OR! I can do it backwards starting in my chest and stomach and then on to my head and back.

It's as if I'm triggering something inside of my nervous system without it feeling like it's really there. To be abstract, I guess you could imagine having an independent lung that allows you to breath in (very lightly) through your nose and out through your mouth (lightly or not) at the same time.. You can't really do it, but it's almost as if you could imagine the sensation of doing it. Like wagging a tail that you don't have...

It seems as though I can control the intensity (not really explainable) and can also choose from a variety of related "perks" such as to either make myself feel cold, or even give myself a "phantom feeling" of my torso and/or arms and other parts.  What I mean by "phantom feeling" is that it genuinely feels as if I no longer have these parts attached and can feel nothing in those parts except for when pain is induced, and even then it's quite dull.  It's pretty much the same as how I would imagine paralysis would feel.

Directly after I stop doing this, it feels as if something cold was injected into my veins (I guess) and sometimes I'll even shiver involuntarily.

Another route I can take has almost the same effect however it numbs my thinking as well (it makes reality seem not so ..real I guess).  I can also make it feel as if I were pumping adrenaline into my own body and can use this method when I'm working out or running (or just walking around).  If I induce this adrenaline effect, I noticed I lose a large awareness of social restraint, meaning that I can stare someone in the eyes w/out having a feeling to look away (which I normally would have) and feel as if I could punch a tree and not have it hurt (but then I'd realize how stupid I was afterwards for actually punching it).  There is a downside to this, however, in that I usually have a headache in the front of my head and my body feels stressed out afterwards (although I'm not bearing down or actually flexing anything).

ALSO! I don't know if it's related or not, but I can make my ears hum loudly (for myself) and can make them.. vibrate or even pop but in a way that doesn't really hurt.. Related to this, I can make the muscles behind my eyes feel like they're being tickled? And make them shake very quickly, but only in short bursts (like a vibration) or can have them lose focus without crossing them or shifting field of vision.  Also, if it's dark enough that I can still see, I can make it so whatever I'm looking at goes even darker until it just blends into the background and then make it lighter again.  Is this normal?

More about controlling my pulse ó yesterday I was bored and was doing the heart control thing while just sitting in a chair and after about 45 seconds I almost fainted (was very light headed and chilled feeling), and felt really weird throughout the rest of the day (like I was perpetually just getting over being startled). Also my heart felt like it would, say, after being engaged in an extended foot race or something of the like.  Didn't like that feeling very much so I'm not sure if I'll keep playing around with this ability : )

In a really weird but accurate description, during this time it feels as if my skin was made out of the same nerve endings as my nipples, and is very sensitive to clothing/air for a while.  It's as if I were really ticklish, although I'm usually not.  (And no I don't play with my nipples [that much]) =D

Thoughts? Comments?

b/C

Offline Seldin

• First timers
    • View Profile
I'm not entirely certain that these abilities are related, however, I too can control my pulse and or heart rate as well as Goosebumps.

It would seem that since most of us, who can control Goosebumps, are also able to control these other areas as well. Perhaps they are related in fact to one another.

The Goosebumps are controlled by the thalamus or hypothalamus I believe, which is responsible for controlling the majority of the involuntary reactions in the body, such as heart rate, pulse, body temperature, blood pressure, and more. This is sort of the primitive area of the brain, the base area which keeps us alive and functioning. It would be reasonable to assume that to have control over one function of this particular portion of the brain might lead to further control over these others functions; since the abilities are stored in the same place it maybe easier to locate the others once one is understood.

In my case, I learned how to increase speed which later lead to increasing my strength and eventually I learned how to tap into the Goosebumps but I realized I could also control my heart rate sometime after mastering the Goosebumps.

Offline uni

• First timers
    • View Profile
Wow, I can't believe other people can do this too
I thought maybe I was the only one.

For as long as I can remember, I can produce goosebumps at will. I dont really know how to explain it, but i can just make this sensation occur at the base of my skull. then i can send that pulse to anywhere in my body, and that part of the body becomes goosebumpy. I can send it to my face, arm, legs, toes, chest, or everywhere.

I can also raise my heartrate and blood pressure and can send blood into anywhere into my body, like my limbs. There is no corrolation between the sensations in these two because i have to forcefully send blood to those locations.

thats about it

Offline mrdabhand

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I am looking for someone who can induce goosebumps at will to be part of a film on Friday 16th January 2009. The job will of course be paid, the shoot is in London, UK. All you need to do is turn up, stick up your hairs and you'll have made a few bob. Let me know if this is something you're interested in, my email address is george_belfield@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Offline Wiseman1

• First timers
    • View Profile
Um? This is really something, I did not think this "goosebumps" where that big of a deal. But I can do something like that, its like an electric current that I can send to any limbs and bring it back in. I know its weird but my hairs don't stand up but it feels like a goosebump, I also can make goosebumps go away.

By the way does anybody here know about a possible link between the Lymphatic system and the chakras???

Offline Minstrel

• First timers
    • View Profile
Wow, so there are more people that can do this as well.  In my case its produced right on the back of my neck below the skull.  I started noticing I could control it when playing tennis in college and would start noticing giving myself goosbumps while in a match to pump my self up...In my case, I get waves starting on the neck/lower part of the skull and expanding to the chest,arm and legs.  I don't feel anything on my face.   Goosebumps take a couple of seconds to show up once I start creating those waves and I can not control whether it's one arm or leg or whatever.  The wave goes everywhere below the neck.  As far as a usefull skill...Aside from making my young daughter be amazed at her super hero dad, I do think the nervous system is pumped up in some form.  its a strange feeling, but it feels good. 

I've been wanting to look this up in google for a while and that's how I ended up in here. 

Cool!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length