The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it common or useful to be able to control goosebumps, and pulse, at will?  (Read 244941 times)

Offline Gffhffxchhb Hhfgcgiog

• First timers
    • View Profile
Has anyone done this in water?

Offline society

• First timers
    • View Profile
I learned how to send this energy wave from back of my head, to my feet just by closing my eyes and breathing today, but I haven't figured out how to control it.  Can anyone guide me?  I want to develop this energy to a higher level like dynamo jack. Im 29 years old and a male...I read qi gong has 5 levels, and the last level you can heal people with this power.  It sounds crazy, but I believe that we can unlock powers if enough training is done. Anyone that has practiced this for years let me know..I feel like the air I breath turns into electricity and flows all the way down my body

Havent tried it in water, (am going to now).  Interested in qi gong, do you know of  any particularly good websites?  Thanks

Offline Gffhffxchhb Hhfgcgiog

• First timers
    • View Profile
I want to do some research but that is very secret stuff.  I know there are 5 levels and the 5th level is very very hard and can take a life time to reach.. Every one is different and everyone has a different level of power.

Offline society

• First timers
    • View Profile

Offline Gizem

• First timers
    • View Profile
Has anyone done this in water?

I can do it in the shower. I also get the same goosebumps effect that we produce if I apply the hot water with pressure from the shower head to the lower back of my head. You guys should try it.

Offline Invictus

• First timers
    • View Profile
I find it amazing that so many people experience what I experience, and I'm glad I'm not alone. I am a long time lurker and I found this forum a few years back, but only decided to post now for some reason.

I'm pretty sure I've always been able to do it, but I didn't really take notice of it until I was in primary school. Back then I had to flex a muscle to generate the tingly/energy-like feeling, but as I got older, that need went away. I forgot about it for a couple of years, but when I re-discovered the ability, I found that I didn't need to flex any kind of muscle (to my knowledge) for the ability to activate.

Like many of you, when I activate it, it starts towards the back of my head (if it's a powerful episode I can feel it all the way up to my cheeks/face), goes down my spine, into my arms and legs, and stops at the feet. At first, I could only do a full body "wave" sitting or standing still, but as I've gotten older (I'm 18 now), I can do it exclusively in my head, legs, while walking, laying down, and for a little while, I could isolate it to one half of my body. I can also do it while holding my breath, but it is considerably harder to do. It is also way easier to do it in colder weather, but I can do it in hot weather. I think I have a set limit on how many times I can generate the waves, but it is a long time. I need to constantly be doing it for HOURS before I need to "recharge". Since I don't do that very often, I'm not sure what my recharge time would be.

I'm not sure about any physical effects other than goosebumps, but it may have an aspect in slightly increasing my speed. I run varsity track for my high school, and I've gotten into the habit of activating one wave while I'm in the blocks. Now I haven't actually tested this scientifically, but every time I've done it, I've beaten my previous record for my race. One time, I got a little greedy and did like 15 waves while I was in the blocks. I had a horrible race that day.

It is mostly voluntary, I think. Whenever I hear a powerful or epic piece of music, read or hear a very profound quote (it helps if there is a lot of emotion behind it), or see a stunning image, the waves are several times more powerful than had I just randomly done it, and I can't tell if they activated on their own, or I did. They last longer too. A normal wave generates and dissipates in about 5 seconds, give or take. When amplified by an external stimulus, they can last for as long as 30 seconds.

I would like more answers about this phenomena. Is it supernatural? Is it chi/ki based? Can we hone it and make it more powerful? Are aspects of it unique to everyone who has it? Is it rare? Common? Did we all inherit some gene? Are we (minor) freaks of nature? Or are we all just over hyping it, and it is really just us releasing adrenaline into our system. Which would be pretty unusual in and of itself, as we shouldn't be able to do that either, but whatever. I'll still periodically check up on the forum for progress. If anyone would like to talk about it, feel free to message me about it. If any of you are on reddit, maybe we could create a subreddit based around this phenomena as a secondary avenue of discussion.

Peace

Offline cdod5

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I've been reading all these comments for a short time. I have been able to control my goosebumps with ease for a long time with the electrical current running from the back of my skull like many others and, potentially due to that, have a strong tolerance to temperature changes, especially the cold. I hadn't really thought to check as i always assumed that everyone could do it. Feels phenomenal though :) I have been reading about a lot of people who have the ability to increase and decrease their pulse at will. I think that i have a bit of this but would like any advice on how to pursue this. Really interested in the blood flow control and heart rate.
Thanks

Offline 12L

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have been able to create the pulsing-like sensation in the back of my head but I used to have to think about the shuddering things like a cat on a blackboard to cause it. Now I would like to consciously create goosebumps but so far I have been unable to create them even with chilling thoughts. I live in Florida so I have no strong memories of goosebumps.

Offline calebhk98

• First timers
    • View Profile

I kinda have that ability. I can control my body temperature and can make certain parts of my body grow warmer(without any physical movement), even under water. I can also handle temperatures pretty well, like picking up a glass pan out of 350 oven without being burned. I can not control goosebumps, but never tried. I do not know how, but I wish I knew, I kinda just wish to warm up by concentrating and I can... I am only 17 so I do not know that much about biology, but I am pretty sure that this is not normal:). I can also not get cold if I wish too, like going outside in 20 weather or colder in shorts and short sleeves. I just found out I could do this last year when a friend was helping me dig a hole in the middle of the night and while we were resting I noticed his hand start becoming more visible. He then asked me if I noticed anything about his hand and then he was able to do his index finger.  I have heard him say some weird things and finally decide to look up to see if anyone else had similar abilities as mine. I have also been able to burn people on the face and they said it felt similar to a rug-burn. I consider myself scientific, so I would like to explain this scientifically instead of mystically. I can also seem to control my breathing and heart rate, though I have not tested it on any machines. I also seem to be able to warm up my hand if I concentrate on another living thing that is close by, like a moth. I feel like I can sense other people's minds, but I think that is just me imagining things. If anyone can explain how I can do this, that would be wonderful. I have looked at other posts and found some terms I have not heard of like Yogis, charkras, and others that I am going to look up. I also heard people say that this is in a primal part of your brain and you should not be able to control it. But like I already said, any help would be greatly helpful.

Offline Falchion

• First timers
    • View Profile
wow, I thought I was the only one... :O

I think I started "practicing" this goosebumps around my 7th grade from listening to some religious music(I'm 35 y/o now)... loved the sensation and tried to gain ways to control it by listening to those songs over and over...
wondering if I could control it at will... but I couldn't do it...

until I started having lots of sleep paralysis(which always accompanied by goosebumps and lots of fear.. and this loud continuing humming sound).

got addicted to sleep paralysis, found a way to get into sleep paralysis by focusing on certain wave sound(the fear is always there, regardless how many times I've done it).. and also found a way to get out of paralysis by shaking my lower jaws(hated it cause it makes the goosebumps goes away).
Took me a longggg time to figure this "how-to" cause the whole process is like a dream... and at first I can only do it if I'm really2 tired when I hit the bed.

not sure starting when(before grade 11th), I can control goosebumps at will, half body, left/right hand only(plus part of head), or just shoulder and head... truly felt like super saiyan :D
as for controlling pulse, I never tried to make it faster... I just like to slow it down asap after workout(never thought it's related).
I'm still not satisfied tho.... when I do the goosebumps, it doesn't go as strong as when I'm in sleep paralysis situation.

I wonder if I can reach that stronger phase while I'm not in sleeping position... only managed to "crawl" my hand by dragging it with fingers inch by inch during those paralysis :/
I also had 4 or 5 cases of eye migraine during my life... so annoying... and sometimes I woke up with a very sensitive hearing... not sure if this is related.

anyway, I just read what wnxunix said about 2-3 hours of sleep and feeling refreshed.... I wonder if my screwed up sleeping habits is caused by this too..... http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=26291
I hope somebody research this and find out where's our energy coming from, really....
I know for sure this is not caused by adrenaline, cause I can bring adrenaline to make my palm "slippery/sticky" before I do push up or hard work out.

nice to know there's post about this, does anyone else connect goosebumps with sleep paralysis like me?
this feel like a support group, hahahaha

Offline Luiz Carlos de Jesus Silv

• First timers
    • View Profile
Cool! I thought it was the only one doing it.

Offline QuantumWreck

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hello EveryBody,

Is there anyone, that tried to trigger goosebump or shiver without breathing?

Or more precisely, just after exhaling and holding your breath for 2 seconds.

Offline gbc89

• View Profile
There are new machines at my gym that shows a graph of your heart rate, so I figured I'd play a little with goosebumps since my personal hypothesis is that it's some sort of adrenaline release control.
At a steady intensity I was able to raise my heart rate within a few seconds by 12 bpm by doing my goosebump control thing, dropping back within a few seconds to the heartrate I had before I did it.
I did that 3 times and the graph bumps were really similar.

So I conclude that for me it's some sort of adrenaline rush control.
Maybe it's different for others here, no idea, but I can also do localized goosebumps so I have that in common too with a few.
Especially one half body goosebumps is a really funny experience. :)

Offline _TheQuantumWreck_

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hello,

I would like to share a little trick,

to test peoples that can trigger goosebump/shiver.

For fun and curiosity.

Before doing it, just be sure to be well hydrate.

If not, drink 1 or 2 glass of water and wait a bit.

Take a piece of aluminum foil and cut a little square.

Then, curve it in a way it can stand by itself.

So, let's start the shiver and bring that feeling to the hand.

More precisely to the index finger or middle finger.

Put your finger around  2 or 3 millimeters from the aluminum foil.

When a steam appears on the foil (something after 2s*),

stick it and drag it with your fingertip.

Let me know if you succeed.

*2 or 3s, could be less or more,

depends on the temp of your hand,

the ambient and how hydrate you are.

It's related to the increase of the hand temp.

So it could be done with other methods like running for a while.

But it is fun and interesting doing it in that way.

enjoy!
« Last Edit: 26/01/2016 19:27:47 by _TheQuantumWreck_ »

Offline JDoesScience

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

After a few months of back and forth, I have university ethical approval to study this. If you'd like to help, and you can spontaneously control your own goosebumps, we've got a survey going. If you have time for it, we'd LOVE to record your experiences. I've been looking elsewhere for people who can do this - and you're super rare!

To get access to it, just message me through here - it'll go to my email and I'll send it to you.

After we can describe this phenomenon properly, we might get to study it in more detail. It's fascinating!

The following users thanked this post: kanchana31

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

After a few months of back and forth, I have university ethical approval to study this. If you'd like to help, and you can spontaneously control your own goosebumps, we've got a survey going. If you have time for it, we'd LOVE to record your experiences. I've been looking elsewhere for people who can do this - and you're super rare!

To get access to it, just message me through here - it'll go to my email and I'll send it to you.

After we can describe this phenomenon properly, we might get to study it in more detail. It's fascinating!

Sounds interesting.
I wonder if there is any relationship with synesthesia.
« Last Edit: 09/03/2016 14:14:41 by _TheQuantumWreck_ »

Offline plumdragon

• First timers
    • View Profile
*waves hand*

Me, too! 35yo female, mother of three, and I have slight synesthesia. I've been able to control my goosebumps or tingles or whatever since as long as I can remember. Easier in some circumstances, used to have to 'use a muscle' and don't anymore. I'd LOVE to know what causes it. I've often thought about finding a willing neuroscience person to scan me while I'm doing it. Definitely helps with pain, and having done it during labor... helped tremendously. I always thought I was alone, and search google every few years to see what pops up. This time it found this forum and I'm ecstatic!!

Offline FlatLiquid

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,
I am glad to become a part of this thread, and a big thanks to the one who started it. I have been able to give myself the goosebumps as far back as I can remember. Like most of us here, I can start it, pulse it, surge it, and maintain it, without the use of hands, music, and/or imagination. I'm male, 37. I could do it before, but I really started paying attention to it when I came off of opiate medications. The ability happened so often and with so much force that I was compelled to see if there was anyone else out there who could do it too. I am off the meds now and can still do it with amazing control. I'm looking to coordinate with others to find better uses for it since it seems to be an excellent pain reliever, mood stimulant, and adrenaline distributor when controlled properly.

I'm wondering if anyone here has Visual Snow (old television like static mixed throughout everything in the visual spectrum). If so please personal message me.

There are some things I'd like to share that seem to enhance my ability to control the goosebumps, or filling the reservoir so to speak.
- Eating and/or juicing fresh fruits and vegetables every day and drinking Filtered water
- Stretching and exercise
- Minimizing chemical intake/toxins, medications, junk food, etc.
- Getting sunlight whenever possible
- Getting good sleep
- Water with squeezed Lemon no sugar (try it on an empty stomach, or at least a not full stomach)
- Chi related exercises
- Breathing techniques and breathing fresh air
- Experiencing nature

Things that seem to stop the effect, or nullify it:
- Alcohol (although just 1 beer seemed to enhance it at times, any more than that and the effect was gone)
- A full stomach

If anyone here is looking to learn more in depth from my experiences, please personal message me. Thanks, Matt

• First timers
    • View Profile
This stuff for me seams to be intenser when moving my awareness clockwise or counter clockwise around my body.

Additionally to the goosebump/shiver feeling, it triggers a green feeling. Like i can physically feel/touch the color.

So this is why i thought about synesthesia but it is more a result and not the root cause i guess.
« Last Edit: 27/04/2016 05:10:59 by _TheQuantumWreck_ »

Offline Jamie Horton

• First timers
    • View Profile
I just discovered this website, and I have been able to do this since about the time I was in puberty, I am now 28. Today reading this post has been the longest that I have ever experienced this phenomenon, approximately 20mins now and still going. It did stop occasionally, but only for about 30 secs - 1min. Coincidentally, I have been researching about the third eye(pineal gland) and I decided to start de-calcifying mine. I have been drinking fluoride free water for a couple of months now, and I have been working on eating less food and eating more healthy foods. Over the past two days I have really only eaten cellary and peanuts. I feel like being on an empty stomach or at least not being full has something to do with it, like maybe its because there are less toxins in our body? Another note, my wrists hurt me almost 24/7, carpel tunel? tinititus?, and since I've been having this feeling for this whole time they haven't bothered me a bit.

Offline kanchana31

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

Hello, I m from India and I have this ability since young age. I was wondering what it was for a long time, I was 12 when I started to notice it. It seemed weird to my parents when I told them bout this. I m 23 now and still having this ability. but now I can continously control gooseflesh for more than an hour. Recently I tried to control ma pulse and got succeeded. when I start controlling gooseflesh, a wave tingles down my spine and sometimes on ma both shoulders. The wave gets stronger in time when I continously control it and I feel drained after that. Someone I know said me that it is a kind of transmitting the energy so I even tried making energy ball between ma hands and succeeded at the first attempt in a shorter time. I wanna know more but this. Can you help me?

Offline mrsmith2211

• View Profile
My basic understanding, goosebumps, or piloerections are a response to cold, bristling of the hair handed down that used to provide for better insulation against the cold. You are somehow tricking your body into thinking it is cold. I could play with that, but in the past after many years of Tae Kwan Do Yoga etc. was able to control my heart rate, get it own to 45 beats per minute, drop blood pressure 20 points or so, and tolerate pain, like at the dentis getting a root planing after the carbocaine without ephenepheron had worn off, as I seem to be allergic to Novocaine, cheeks swell, severe tooth pain for 2 or 3 days. I have even had a crown done without novacaine, but never anything for fillings.

I could work on goosebumps, but do not like feeling cold, do you feel cold when you do this?

Offline KundaliniRZA

• First timers
    • View Profile
I've also experienced it since 2013 now and have learned a TON of information on it like... Where does it come from, why We can use it, whats is the use of that energy and how to amplify it.

The most important part of it is that it has 5 types of different ways to be summoned in our body according to our  5 elements!
I made a video on YouTube on it and have 487 views on it as of today.
(Im not trying to advertise but I kinda have to.
I want people like you who wanna know more about this special gift that we all have to learn about it and to especially master it for your own good. You don't have to believe it it's just what i've learned and tested after 3 years of usage.
It brought me life changing gifts like astral projection, real time projections and access to our third-eye chakras psychic properties!

My channel is KundaliniRZA and the video where i talk about it all is named Kundalini Awakening 3 Easy steps+Propaganda vs Real Kundalini ... )

Subscribe if you like it. It'll definitely motivate me to make more informational videos about this subject.
[I had another youtube with about 160 subscriber and over hundred of views on my every videos but my ex deleted my channel! Now I have to start back but i've been stuck to 20 subscribers for a year now :'( I could really use a little bit of support!]
Sorry for making this long. Have a good life!
-John

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums