The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Where to publish a paper on a refined Big Bang Theory  (Read 1366 times)

Offline RBBartley

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have a theory that explains black holes, slight variations in time detected by atomic clocks and how galaxies are formed. This theory also explains why some galaxies spin in different directions and why some stars spin in different directions in relation to us towards the center of our own Milky way. It also works quite well with the observations of infinity, quantum mechanics and hologram theory. However I am not a Physicist and I'd like to know the best way to publish this idea and receive some small credit before real physicists get the pleasure of going, wow, we can get rid of all that made up dark energy nonsense and have a party.
      I am happy to write a short paper on it but I'd like to know the 10 places I should be putting it. I mention it here as I think you'll find it interesting. Reply to me or the thread, ty   O8)

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where to publish a paper on a refined Big Bang Theory
« Reply #1 on: 16/01/2012 03:39:37 »
I suppose I am a bit in the same boat as you are.

Here is what I have done so far.

I posted an initial idea here on TheNakedScientists.  At which point the initial idea was torn apart, but it led me in a somewhat different direction than I had originally anticipated. 

I then sat down and started writing my "Paper"..  as well as working on the "bibliography & footnotes"...  which I always hate, but it is actually a beneficial step.  What have others done?  Have others suggested the same thing as you?  What happened to their work?  Who's work are you basing your assumptions on?  So far I have been doing an online information search, but soon it is to the dusty shelves, as there is nothing better than primary sources.

Read some scientific papers in the field to get some style pointers. 

I am certainly looking at EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS.  I.E.  whether or not I can actually conduct the experiments myself, I am looking at trying to do some verifiable experimental designs.

Anyway, at this point, I've found that I need to do some more reading, as well as heading to the local research library to track down some journal articles that I don't want to pay outrageous pay-per-view prices for on the web.

It turns out that I found at least one other researcher has suggested my exact project, but on a 1/84,000th of the scale...  Yes...  so I think BIG in a field where the bigger the better (in theory).

My mother has a friend who is a local physics professor...  I've contacted him, and he has suggested another professor that might help.  Anyway, the reality is that I'm going to need some help to get this published, and a lot more help if I am to eventually implement some experiments.

One other thing.  Every journal will have article submission guidelines which should help.  You probably aren't going to be first published in Nature, Science, or Scientific American, but rather, concentrate on a smaller very specific physics or astronomy journal.

Offline RBBartley

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16/01/2012 05:51:42 »
Thanks Cliff

Strange really I'm not really working on physics I'm working on a book to bridge the gap between Science and Religion in Society, Philosophy of a sorts. My research however has lead me down the road to most of the cutting edge physics and away from Newtonian laws of a mechanical universe. Most of my research is along the Infinity concepts but how its understood as apposed to what it is. As such I've Come to a few interesting revelations that are remarkably simple but obviously beyond my math potential. The interesting thing is that my simple answer solves some of the big anomalies that are left over from the Big Bang theory and others. These are already observable and should be quite easily measurable.

But if I'm going to look like an idiot I'll do it big so I'll publish on to this site and I need at least 5 more good places to post it.

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16/01/2012 06:21:30 »
Speaking as a moderator here: 

It's fine to propose and discuss a new theory in the New Theories sub-forum on this site.  Please don't post your new theory in the Physics, Astronomy & Cosmology board.  This board is for science Q&A in terms of mainstream science. 

Second, if you do want to post your theory to multiple websites, please don't just copy/paste it and please maintain your thread on this site as a discussion rather than just posting a block of text advertizing your new theory.  We get a lot of new theory spam on the site and we'll delete threads that are copy/pasted to multiple websites.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 16/01/2012 06:21:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums