The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can Collisions be Described Without Referencing Time?  (Read 6327 times)

Offline MikeS

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Devils Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Can Collisions be Described Without Referencing Time?
« Reply #25 on: 01/02/2012 07:34:09 »
dropoutscience

"That simple matter of measuring change" is what we call time.

Time exists and it has an arrow.  The two main manifestations of the arrow are gravity and entropy.  Actually gravity is entropy.  It is written large in the laws of nature.

As regards proof
Without time you could not have written your post.
« Last Edit: 01/02/2012 07:43:39 by MikeS »

Offline dropoutscience

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06/02/2012 15:24:51 »
MikeS I am sorry it took me so long to respond, but that is not proof of time that is proof of change. as in, I changed what was on the page in what part of change we call winter, on a day we humans call 31/01/2012. we measure change called it time then we said time is its own entity. as I said; gravity slows down particles, slowing change not time. it was a good response to my post, but it is not proof. I know that time is a concept bred into us since childhood and even as I say I dont believe in time it is hard to believe that it doesnt; and so if it is real than it cannot be an arrow because that would mean one timeline, one set of actions a person can make; so it would be more like a web that reaches out infinitely. I am also sorry if you thought, or, think I am being difficult, or stuck up, or plainly an ass. reply if you wish to continue.

Offline simplified

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06/02/2012 16:19:30 »
forgot to add if you have knowledge you think can prove (not a thought exercise because those are just theories) that time exist then let me know. I am open minded.
We can not forget time in formulae.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #27 on: 06/02/2012 16:19:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums