The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why can I not access my clipshare site on my HP touchpad?  (Read 4419 times)

Offline rikiusa

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have not been able to access my clipshare site on my touchpad and I am wondering if anyone here has had the same problem with any of their devices?

I have tried another clipshare site and it has not worked. The only clipshare site I was able to load is <spam>. Is there a solution that I could try or is this a WebOS issue? Thanks!
« Last Edit: 21/04/2012 08:23:45 by chris »

Offline Joe L. Ogan

• View Profile
Try reboting your computer. Thanks for comments.  Joe l. Ogan

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It's spam Joe ...

Offline SeanB

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
But not as we know it Jim...........

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
It may in fact be a real issue.
I'm seeing nearly identical posts on another website (which is against TNS policy).  However, in that case, the original poster suggested that he had solved the problem with an OS upgrade.
UPDATE: Just incase anyone was wondering...WEB OS sucks, I just downloaded the new Droid Icecream Sandwich software and Flash, now my clipshare site works on my HP touchpad!

I've had a lot of problems that my home router doesn't seem to like certain websites.  Earlier I was having problems with youtube, bit it seems better now.  I haven't tracked down the issues completely.  Some suggestions were perhaps a block size incompatibility issue.

I know there was an earlier discussion about Apple choosing not to support Adobe Flash on their IPADS.  Perhaps the HP embedded device issues are related.

Anyway, I'm not surprised there could be compatibility issues with embedded devices.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
It is spam, and "Riki" (if he is not a bot) is having a long vacation.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It may in fact be a real issue.

But rikiusa has/had a spam link on their profile I think I called this one correctly. 

I'm seeing nearly identical posts on another website

They have copied the post on the other website verbatim, so it looks exactly like a legitimate question.

« Last Edit: 24/02/2012 02:03:02 by RD »

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Perhaps it is better than plagiarizing TNS, especially when the person grabs data from a relatively recent topic, or topic that is very specific to the Original Poster...  like plagiarizing a sheepy topic.  I find it surprising that the spammers can't be bothered with coming up with something new on their own, or at least paraphrasing the idea.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Another clue might be that RikiUSA's IP address is nowhere near the USA.

Offline rmorano123

• First timers
    • View Profile
Ok, so this is very strange. I actually posted this topic in the clipshare forum... just google rmorano123 and clipshare and you will see the original. Why would someone copy my topic? It is very strange... anyway- I ended up installing the new ice cream sandwich software for droid on my touchpad. Then, I installed flash. Now my site works fine.  Funny, how I came across my own topic while searching a completely unrelated situation. I googled [ how to embed mp3 on your website] and this post came up. I recognized it right away and saw this thread. ....small world.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Hi there Rmorano

The original poster here was probably a bot of some kind.  They take posts from one site and copy to another with added spam - that fact that your original post on clipshare was written by a human means it is more difficult for the spam traps to spot

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums