The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Particle plasma beam technology could this work?  (Read 6649 times)

Offline Livewire

• View Profile
Particle plasma beam technology could this work?
« on: 03/03/2012 21:13:08 »
i have a question the question is if you compressed a vacuum tube with freon. neon. xenon, and krypton will it produce particel plasma or would it just glow?
« Last Edit: 10/03/2012 22:51:50 by Livewire »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Particle beam technology could this work?
« Reply #1 on: 04/03/2012 19:35:08 »
" to me a photon is just loosely condensed light particles and static electricity."
That's not what a photon is to everyone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon

Offline Livewire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/03/2012 13:21:47 »
i retract my assumption of a photon i think what i was getting at was plasma what i was contemplating about was a plasma rifle, and the light saber from starwars i was thinking about how they might work in real time as far as i know their not lasers because a laser is discharged as a continuous beam as long as there is power and their is no way to stop it, it will keep going untill it hits something as a real time fact it is inhuman to use lasers as defense weaponry do to the radiation it gives off and the trail left behind, and if a person was struck by a laser it would seal the wound, and the person would die slowly of radiation poisoning ergo it must be hi intensity plasma.
« Last Edit: 09/03/2012 13:21:03 by Livewire »

Offline Sprool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/03/2012 16:32:28 »
... inhuman to use lasers as defense weaponry do to the radiation it gives off and the trail left behind, and if a person was struck by a laser it would seal the wound, and the person would die slowly of radiation poisoning ergo it must be hi intensity plasma.
Think you have been reading too many sci fi adventure comics. Where does radiation poisoning play a part with laser technology? If you cut someone's head off with a high power laser beam it is rather unlikely that all the blood vessels would be adequately sealed shut during the blow. My bet is that he doesn't die slowly of radiation poisoning, he dies pretty quickly of having his head severed from his torso.
What are you planning?

Offline Livewire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/03/2012 22:29:32 »
well removing ones head from ones body does result in almost instant death ( they say the mind lives for about a min after the head is cut off ) i was referring to a limb the beam is so hot it would coteries the wound the long term effect is residual radiation poisoning. planning... i was just merely contemplating the idea of particle plasma defense weapons used for peace keeping i did some web surfing and found that the government does have directional beam weapons already but mostly are vehicle mounted i was thinking man packed hardware like rifles. it wouldn't take much to devise one if power is a problem then use Tesla coils to amplify the energy before it reached the gas / chemical / solid state chamber. i contemplate the possibility for advanced energy based technology to occupy my mind granted i am a starwars fan and something of a sci fi nut. here are two of the sites i have found  newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon [nonactive] / newbielink:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laser_types [nonactive]
« Last Edit: 11/03/2012 12:27:44 by Livewire »

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
Re: Particle plasma beam technology could this work?
« Reply #5 on: 14/03/2012 19:31:43 »
Call me when you get to owning a microwave oven, there are ethics involved in those types of experiments too.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: Particle plasma beam technology could this work?
« Reply #5 on: 14/03/2012 19:31:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums