The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The Colares Incident  (Read 4371 times)

Offline ∆thelwulf

• View Profile
The Colares Incident
« on: 30/03/2012 17:24:28 »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colares_UFO_flap

Some UFO's have presented themselves as quite dangerous. Initially there was an order to shoot these things down I believe, but now there is a new type of secrecy: deny but also say that UFO's pose no security risks. Nick Pope has defended the idea that it should be of defense interest.

It is my firm belief they are potentially dangerous. This case linked is a very strange case where UFO's have went out their way to attack!

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Colares Incident
« Reply #1 on: 13/04/2012 11:05:49 »
The flying devices the american military use to murder those they don,t like are all to readilly identifiable.

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/04/2012 06:47:32 »
The flying devices the american military use to murder those they don,t like are all to readilly identifiable.
I'm inclined to agree that it could be a military effort (of any country); perhaps a test run for new technology, like Tesla's death ray technology that apparently Hitler was trying to utilize.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_ray

Offline ∆thelwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14/04/2012 11:10:15 »

Readily identifiable... are you [perhaps] saying that if this was the American Military, we would be able to identify the crafts, or that you are really saying what attacked these people was some secret project by the US gov?

In past talks on other forums, I have said a few times that... the idea that we are being visited by intellects much more vast than ourselves, they usually mock the idea that these objects are real - and if they even come to terms with accepting they are real, they do not believe aliens are responsible -- but we end up on being stuck on a fantastic question... that is ''if this was our technology, either British or American, or by some other government, why do these objects display strengths and technological capabilities which [seem] vastly more superior than what we should have?''

I remember someone once said to me, ''how the hell would you know what we should have.''

I said I don't personally, but I know of many cases where professionals in their field, have explicitely remarked that some of these objects do things we simply can't, things like defying the effects of inertia, maybe accelerating to speeds which are unknown to modern craft, perhaps hovering in the air, still without sound defies most understanding of many aircrafts we know. The fact these objects are often saucer shaped shows a remarkable sense of ingenuity far beyond than that which is known by most scientists in the field of aeronautics - as most will agree conventional saucer shaped craft are simply not the best kind of crafts to try and fly. You just need to take a look at the Avrocar to match that understanding.

I think, if one truely looks at this realistically, it is a lot harder to say these things were manufactured on Earth originally. If it was, then we have certainly made what I call ''a quantum leap'' somewhere in technological capabilities, and I am not just talking about a ''boom'' here... I mean a massive jump, because these things we see in the sky, not all, but many of them do things we common folk cannot explain. Those who think that ET-explanations are irrational thinkers, it just goes to show they don't seem to weigh up the reality of the subject at all. Sometimes even for rational thinkers, ET seems like the most logical course of explanations.
« Last Edit: 14/04/2012 11:13:44 by ∆thelwulf »

Offline ∆thelwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14/04/2012 11:12:57 »
I'm inclined to agree that it could be a military effort (of any country); perhaps a test run for new technology, like Tesla's death ray technology that apparently Hitler was trying to utilize.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_ray

A death ray, indeed, it was a ray of some kind. Now, even if we assume that this is the kind of weapon used, we must now ask what the objects were that had been seen, and why the USA would go to great lengths to attack people without just cause. Why didn't they, for instance, simply go to the outback where not many live and shoot at kangaroos?

No, the acts made in the OP are much more sinister I believe. Whoever it was, was demonstrating their power not testing it. Whoever it belonged to, was well-aware what these ray's could do.

Offline Gordian Knot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14/04/2012 17:29:26 »
What are the facts that are known. People were struck by some sort of intense ray of light from the sky.

A doctor was amongst those hit by the rays. In her words "She identified the victims as suffering from fatigue, dizziness, headaches, low blood pressure, and anemia. Some had burn marks where the beams had hit them, with small puncture marks within the burned area. Permanent hair loss occurred in the affected zone."

The doctor, however, stated "She did not suffer any wounds or lasting physical effects."

My thoughts. The rays of light affected some people but not others. That seems odd to me.

More importantly, they were "rays of light from the sky". I did not see any indication in the articles if it was a cloudy day or a clear one. In either event, these rays were not seen as coming from any particular object. Just as from the sky.

Therefore, I can think of three possible explanations.

1. It was an object constructed in secret by some earthbound intelligence.
2. It was an object constructed by a nonearthly intelligence.
3. It was a natural event that occurred because of an unusual weather event.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. There does not appear to be enough evidence to support any of these three possibilities conclusively.

To arbitrarily decide it was one explanation over the other two seems to be premature, in my humble opinion. :)

Offline ∆thelwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15/04/2012 02:18:14 »
What are the facts that are known. People were struck by some sort of intense ray of light from the sky.

A doctor was amongst those hit by the rays. In her words "She identified the victims as suffering from fatigue, dizziness, headaches, low blood pressure, and anemia. Some had burn marks where the beams had hit them, with small puncture marks within the burned area. Permanent hair loss occurred in the affected zone."

The doctor, however, stated "She did not suffer any wounds or lasting physical effects."

My thoughts. The rays of light affected some people but not others. That seems odd to me.

More importantly, they were "rays of light from the sky". I did not see any indication in the articles if it was a cloudy day or a clear one. In either event, these rays were not seen as coming from any particular object. Just as from the sky.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. There does not appear to be enough evidence to support any of these three possibilities conclusively.

To arbitrarily decide it was one explanation over the other two seems to be premature, in my humble opinion. :)

I shouls mention that I also find it strange it effected some and not others.

The doctor said that she was hit by a beam of light. You know what this reminds me of?

Some special weaponry has what is called a target beam. The beam is not at this point dangerous, it is simply a beam to help target the weapon to create the beam which will attack. It is a type of lazer beam first, to help make your target accurate. Then when you have an accurate position, you would simply increase the intensity of the beam to cause harm.

I specuulate the beam which hit the doctor was not the weapon itself perhaps, but was a target beam to make the beam hit a more accurate target.

Offline ∆thelwulf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15/04/2012 02:50:17 »

I shouls mention that I also find it strange it effected some and not others.

The doctor said that she was hit by a beam of light. You know what this reminds me of?

Some special weaponry has what is called a target beam. The beam is not at this point dangerous, it is simply a beam to help target the weapon to create the beam which will attack. It is a type of lazer beam first, to help make your target accurate. Then when you have an accurate position, you would simply increase the intensity of the beam to cause harm.

I specuulate the beam which hit the doctor was not the weapon itself perhaps, but was a target beam to make the beam hit a more accurate target.

I don't agree with you though, objects where seen.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 15/04/2012 02:50:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length