The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The Correlations Between Cometology and Seismology  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Kalopin

• First timers
  • obligated to examine the percentage of possibility
    • View Profile
    • Kalopins Legacy 1811 A Comet and A Quake
        I have argued whether or not that it is even a theory, if there are cometary associations with earthquakes. It is not difficult [for me] to understand the correlations of NEOs [Near Earth Objects] and earthquakes, severe weather and yes even plagues.

This arguement, however, is not all about the forces from a NEO that can affect our planet but how a cometary impact can appear to have been only seismic activity.

This is a quite extraordinary story of a little piece of lost history only a couple hundred years ago. There has been recent findings to strongly suggest that The New Madrid Earthquakes of 1811-12 were actually the result of a meteor impact to Northern Mississippi coming from the dust tail of Comet C/1811 F1. This has been an ongoing investigation for more than a decade and I am quite convinced that once you study the evidence that this can be the only conclusion. Therefore, I invite you all to have a look, google "1811 A Comet and A Quake". I will appreciate your insight!
« Last Edit: 03/04/2012 00:13:12 by Kalopin »

Offline Kalopin

• First timers
  • obligated to examine the percentage of possibility
    • View Profile
    • Kalopins Legacy 1811 A Comet and A Quake
Re: The Correlations Between Cometology and Seismology
« Reply #1 on: 03/04/2012 03:56:49 »
 :)Sorry, there's quite a bit of info. there. To be more specific, and before you delve into this puzzle, please read this article at newbielink:http://www.wix.com/koolkreations/kalopins-legacy [nonactive] ,documents and links, "A Few Comments on 1811" or google "Kalopins Legacy".  Hopefully, this will explain in better detail.
 Thanks

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: The Correlations Between Cometology and Seismology
« Reply #1 on: 03/04/2012 03:56:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length