The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are Black Holes a Paradox?  (Read 6812 times)

Offline MikeS

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Devils Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Are Black Holes a Paradox?
« Reply #25 on: 01/06/2012 14:33:59 »
My own view on it Mike is related to 'energy'. Even though we can't hold a pound of 'energy' in our hands it exist as a conceptual measure of something changing. And in a acceleration you spend 'energy', in a uniform motion you don't.

Very true.  Two massive objects will be attracted toward each other, accelerate toward each other.  The closer they get the greater their combined mass and the more time dilates for them.  Time dilation is a way of tying up useful energy rendering it of little use.  So time dilation and gravity are examples of entropy.

Offline Heikki Rinnemaa

• MoHei. :)
    • View Profile
    • My website.
« Reply #26 on: 02/06/2012 07:05:55 »

Black hole, bign bang, etc,,is only theory,,not measured and proved think.

Human-kind has measure space-object motion just only about 50 years,,and with satellite only about 30 years. This measuring period is so short that we cannot says even that is earth leaving sun or going on in.

All objects in the space send matter round of it,,like photon,,particles,,etc,,or (matter-vibration,,like waves which can only goes if matter exist), ant if this object is so far away  that  sending thing dont come here,,we cannot observe that object.

But this measuring time,,,,50years,,,if you calculate that thought that we are one point of milkywa-galaxy,,how we can prove that,,,? We have round some ,000000degree,,, but are we sure that this means that sun-system is rounding some galaxy? No,,we cannot be sure.

Space-data is those long-time and long-distance thought over-theoretized and forget real world and possibility,,i mean measuring time and also measuring systems.

We known actually only little of that space where we live.

Offline loose_nukes

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19/07/2012 00:35:04 »
The event horizon of a black hole accelerates at the speed of light.  Therefore the black hole accelerates at the speed of light( but is hidden behind the EH).

General Relativity states that mass can not accelerate up to the speed of light.  Matter being consumed by a black hole accelerates up to the speed of light at the EH.

Is this a paradox?  If not why not?
There is no paradox here my friend. You are assuming that matter continues to remain matter thru it's entire trip from the event horizon toward the singularity. Your matter is converted into pure energy before it reaches the speed of light. And BTW, this transformation does not occur at the event horizon. It occurs somewhere between the event horizon and the singularity.
« Last Edit: 19/07/2012 00:38:49 by loose_nukes »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #27 on: 19/07/2012 00:35:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums