The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can I intrepret my cat's feelings?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How can I intrepret my cat's feelings?
« on: 15/08/2012 14:10:36 »
Sir

Could you please try and tell me what my cat is feeling?

When I get up in the mornings he waits for me and meows, I think he is letting me know there is nothing in his dish so place some food in it.  After a while he comes over to me and wants the side of his head rubbed so I do this then he flops down onto the floor on his back legs open for his belly rub so do this for him.

Now what I want to know is when I rub his belly he opens and closes his front paws and there seems to be a smile on his face but, I would like to know why he does this with his paws?  He seems to be relaxed and allows me to touch the underneath of his paws and hold them and when I stop rubbing his belly he turns over and lays next to me for a few minutes.

Sorry to go on and on but he is so cute doing this and makes me feel good and brings my HBP down.
Asked by Mike Hammond

Visit the webpage for the podcast in which this question is answered.

...or Listen to the Answer or [download as MP3]

« Last Edit: 15/08/2012 14:10:36 by _system »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: How can I interpret my cat's feelings?
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2012 03:07:56 »
... he opens and closes his front paws and there seems to be a smile on his face but, I would like to know why he does this with his paws?

Kittens massage their mother to obtain milk, this instinctive behavior is mistakenly applied to other animals ...

« Last Edit: 14/07/2012 03:36:49 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: How can I interpret my cat's feelings?
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2012 03:07:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums