The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Museum unveils new fossil finds  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Museum unveils new fossil finds
« on: 04/06/2006 12:32:40 »
Museum unveils new fossil finds

Fri May 26,

MORRISION, Colo. - A small town has again yielded big scientific finds as historians this week announced a new collection of dinosaur fossils and footprints.

Matt Mossbrucker, dinosaur researcher and director of the Morrison Natural History Museum, said two years of work in an old fossil mine in an area dubbed Dinosaur Ridge uncovered important finds overlooked for decades.

Among the discoveries were a rare combination of fossils and footprints sharing the same sandstone formations, and fossilized footprints that could have been made by previously unidentified dinosaurs.
]

Full Story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060526/ap_on_sc/stegosaur_tracks;_ylt=A0SOwmWYwoJEwmwA5A0PLBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: Museum unveils new fossil finds
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/2006 13:44:18 »
I guess this link is no longer accessible as I did not see this till today... Hadrian do you have any more imformation as to what kind of dinosaurs they think they have found? The link will not open in my browser, I expect the page expired, I think it said something like that! I love this stuff!

Karen
« Last Edit: 10/09/2006 13:44:52 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: Museum unveils new fossil finds
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/2006 13:44:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums