The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: This Is Not Theory - The Moon Hitting the Earth Is Real - Very Real!  (Read 55732 times)

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
going by 6.29 billion that would mean the moon would arrive only 2.5 x quicker than when it left ,and still that dont match the 4.5 billion years that the gaint impact was ment to happen .plus with it leaving earth the basic rule of what goes up must come down

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/Trunko
Just in case you missed my final sentence in my last post, I will repost it:

However, I would like to strongly emphasize that the speed that the Moon is moving away from the Earth has almost certainly changed over time, making all of these figures wrong.

As far as "what goes up must come down" goes, you are right. The Moon is eventually predicted to stop moving away from us and begin to have its orbit decay until it comes into the Roche Limit and breaks up. However, this is currently estimated to happen billions of years from now.

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
i didnt miss it just to me the likely hood of a second gaint impact hitting the moon changng it speeds is more unlikly than the moon was formed the same way planet and sun r formed

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
now if i had a block of ice and had it sitting on a rock for millions of year u cant tell me the cool temp wasnt be transfured thought the rock,,,,,so what im say is the cooling on the surface would transfur into to the upper lay of the earths core changing past of it from a liquid to a solid or semi soild

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
also when the moon got so close to the earth and the earth blocked the sun wouldnt the temp of the visible side of the start to act like the dark side dropping down to around -153 c for millions of years
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 07:52:18 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
Will the oceans being cool coz of no sun light there will no even less chance of sun light when they so much water build up coz of the extra affect of the moons gravity

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
i didnt miss it just to me the likely hood of a second gaint impact hitting the moon changng it speeds is more unlikly than the moon was formed the same way planet and sun r formed

That's not the proposed way that the speed would have been changed. The reason its speed of movement away from the Earth has changed is because of the pull of Earth's gravity. Over time, the pull from the Earth would have slowed the Moon down to its current speed of 3.82 centimeters per year. In the past, the Moon had more kinetic energy and thus would have been moving away from the Earth more quickly. It has nothing to do with a second impact.

now if i had a block of ice and had it sitting on a rock for millions of year u cant tell me the cool temp wasnt be transfured thought the rock,,,,,so what im say is the cooling on the surface would transfur into to the upper lay of the earths core changing past of it from a liquid to a solid or semi soild

Yes, it will transfer. At least initially. It all depends on the specific parameters (the masses of the ice and the rock, their shapes, the temperature of the environment that they are in, etc.). In principle, cooling on the Earth's surface would cool its interior as well. However, the change in temperature will be extraordinarily small. Most probably too small to detect with current technology. If you want to cool the core, you'll have to move heat out of the core. This is happening right now (since the Earth is not a perfect thermal insulator). However, it is happening extremely slowly as the main source of heat escaping from the planet is in the form of volcanic eruptions.

Still, you should consider the numbers. You want to cool the crust with icy-cold water. Don't forget that the oceans only make up for 0.023% of the Earth's total mass. The lithosphere (the crust and upper mantle) makes up around 2.2% of the mass. The lower mantle is 68.4%. The core is 27.5%. If you are going to try to cool down the crust, you should remember that you have all of that heat in the interior working against you. You're trying to cool the crust with 0.023% of the Earth's mass while more than 95% of the Earth's mass is trying to heat it up from the other side. You'll also need to consider just how hot the interior is. The mantle ranges from 500 - 4,000 degrees Celsius (the deeper you go, the hotter it gets), the outer core from 4,400 - 6,100 degrees Celsius, and the inner core 5,430 - 5,960 degrees Celsius. The interior has the clear advantage.

Go back to my original shrunken Earth. This is equivalent to trying to cool a mass of hot rock and metal (ranging from 500 to 6,100 degrees Celsius) weighing 17 kilograms with 9 grams of water or ice. If you put 9 grams of ice onto this, what's going to happen? It's going to melt very quickly and will have no obvious impact on the temperature or solidification of the rock.

also when the moon got so close to the earth and the earth blocked the sun wouldnt the temp of the visible side of the start to act like the dark side dropping down to around -153 c for millions of years

The Earth already can block out the Sun on the Moon. It's called a lunar eclipse. The only way that you can have a permanent lunar eclipse would be if the orbital period of the moon were adjusted in such a way that it took 1 year to go around the Earth. Normally it takes 1 month. In order to achieve this, it would have to be placed much further away from the Earth than it currently is. This is the opposite of what you want to accomplish.

Will the oceans being cool coz of no sun light there will no even less chance of sun light when they so much water build up coz of the extra affect of the moons gravity

Doesn't matter. Even if the entire world oceans were as cold as ice, they simply do not have the mass required to compete with the thermal influence of the Earth's interior. I demonstrated this earlier.
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 08:36:38 by Supercryptid »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
At the start I all ways was talking about cool the areas around about the equator not the whole planet .now with that in mine it's only cool parts of earth and ceiling volcanos in them areas but leaving polar area to stay active and open more up to release presser and heat .also keeping it live aball for life in same areas .iv always been talking about a ring of super cooled surface
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 14:15:06 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
With the moon I'm talking more about how the time the moon visible face has sun light will become less and less

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
Ok with how long for the moon to get here  sorry my folt. I thought u was talking about something different .i know what u r talking .im talking about the same thing I'm trying to work out .all I'm aball to work out right now is if we r at the last 1% of the cycle not including the earth moving toward the moon it would by around the 2.55 billion mark
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 14:11:43 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
Ok iv been thinking .... first I want to start with the moon forming ,maybe the moon did brake off earth but not after it had formed but at the start and not coz of a giant impact. Now b4 I get on that .wouldnt after a gaint impact happen and b4 it been given a orbit wouldn't it follow the stronger gravity no matter where it sits but with the moon it line with the solar system not the earth axis .witch is fun coz the earth gravity should be stronger.now we know the earth and moon r related like family in what it's made of so what if when the earth formed maybe oxidation on the iron around the core made it weaker and a little bit uneven making it off weigh and egg shaped with the tip broke off as it was spinning (making twins ) this way once split the afect of the sun gravity would be the main building for the moons orbit around earth coz of the strength of the suns gravity....... Now the second think I thought ,when I was looking at moon truth pic he was talking about.yes I could c what he was going on about but the moon was about 2/3 the size of earth (by the pic I saw)so this is a bit crazy but what if when the moon start to get really close and hits the Roche point instead of just braking up it does something different .now the moon is related To earth in what it's made of ,now the moon is 60% density of earth but only at 1/4 the size of earth .so maybe as earth gravity start to have the  same afect on the moon as the earth gravity on earth , so insted of 1 braking up what if the moon start trying and act the same way as earth and baloon out to match the denity to size as earths witch would be around 60% or 2/3 of earth.also that could have a jelly afect making it rest better on earth for earth to not conlapes and be aball to try and flick it off earth surface.now if the temp of the moon is the reason for the smaller size then the soild state of it is much stronger than if it was the same thickens as earth .plus being smaller it will be stronger and much harded to join the earth b4 lossing it's motion and earth spinning pushing it back out
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 14:27:52 by Missynmax83 »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

How about using a spellchecker ?, (your internet browser probably has one built-in) .
A paragraph now and again would be welcome too, rather than an incomprehensible stream of consciousness.
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 18:35:00 by RD »

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
Your arguments are all wild speculation. You keep saying "maybe" and "what if". I think I have sufficiently explained why the scenario is impossible. I suggest you start doing some scientific research and math to support your ideas. It's ultimately up to the theorist to prove his ideas and not the detractors to disprove them. Until you can present a compelling case that demonstrates that the numbers can support your assertions, I think I'm done here.

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
I'm on my phone .my theory ONLY start about a hour b4 my first post .i havnt been thinkijng about for years.my theory is happen as we speak ,so sorry if its not straight forward as u like but isnt that how this stuff happen to work out if something is possible or not  ............................im just trying to make sense of moon truth pic of the moon having to be much bigger at impact  .:...ok I'll sit down for a sec jump on the computer and look around...plus i thought with possible evidence .that all this r possible in till proven impossible.............now yes u have proven many time over and over how the moon couldnt of hit the earth but all ofb them r under current conditons and not under possible changing condtions ...even if there was only a 1% change at importent stages there could be chain reactions that having diffenent affect at a larger scale.i though truth finding was about being open to all possibles if evidence show even a slite chance.yes pyhics is pyhics but we r still only just scratching the surface of it .in 10 years time there will be things we dont know now and thing we think is right now will not be right later
« Last Edit: 19/11/2013 05:58:46 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
Ok have a quick look but in not going to stick with this ... If I was u use the expansion theory for gravity at the time of the moon expanding the gravity would increase above its natural limits when ballooning out and increasing speed at the last stages b4 impact ..now when it has reach = size denity at earth the moon natural limits of the moons gravity would try to bring the moon back to its normal size .... By that theory that would mean at that time the gravity would hugely decreace or Even reverses ....... Now I'm not going to stick with that .but what do u c a 0 gravity mass or even reversed gravity mass do spinning around the earth.........plus i was just having a quick look at wiki about the inner core and i saw this ............Speculation also continues that the inner core might have exhibited a variety of internal deformation patterns. This may be necessary to explain why seismic waves pass more rapidly in some directions than in others. Because thermal convection alone appears to be improbable,[24] any buoyant convection motions will have to be driven by variations in composition or abundance of liquid in its interior. S. Yoshida and colleagues proposed a novel mechanism whereby deformation of the inner core can be caused by a higher rate of freezing at the equator than at polar latitudes,[25] and S. Karato proposed that changes in the magnetic field might also deform the inner core slowly over time.............also if the moon was that close for some time it would have an affect on the magnetic field
« Last Edit: 19/11/2013 05:59:03 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
Now that mite help me with what I'm try to make work,,,,, but I don't think expansion theory is the key sins that would mean that gravity isn't aball to be man made .....and for me that go against a idea I have of making a man made core witch I'm 90% shore would work after looking and thinking for years about the behavior of nuclear ,iron and nickel and adding 1or 2 other things with there behaviors that i think r missing  from what we know the core is made of.......................: now how about if the moon was to expand  coz of the affect of earth gravity making it act like on earth .     now with the moon resting on earth the rest of the moon mass start to catch up but instead of braking thought the earths surface it's start to stink back to its normal state triggered by a low level compressed whe pressing on earth .its only possible coz of the original state of the moon and it's relation with earth and not possible for any other planet or moon to do the same here.... Earths gravity mine release the denity to full size. witch mite ..now when it lands on earth the release of denity has only just happen and has not settled allowing it to be aball to contract with much lease presser than normal .now if there is any volcanos on the dark side of the moon they would also help to release presser ...the ballooning affect would help rejuice how the moon would be sitting in earth atmosphere ..... Now u have sed for me to prove this but intill we get to findly c a event like this , there no way of knowing for shore but for now all we can do is look for evidence of it happening b4 ...........then go to what moon truth pic show witch look like possible evidence .so coz of that we should ashoom the possiblely and use what we know to lay the road block and c if we can find a way around them with out them being possibles
« Last Edit: 19/11/2013 04:42:21 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
now i do have a possible way that the moon and earth could have a 0 gravity affect on each other when coming so close to each other but that works only with a theory of gravity of mine.my theory isnt wild and it works with my core idea and my core work with my idea of gravity.its really a daaaaa of course it is ,sort of thing coz its not a hard to belive idea of space been pulled or the almost impossible expansion.it briges both of the theorys of gravity but can be so basic to show a 10 year old in science class.now what if i sed directing a gravity or building a worm hole like tunnel or even be aball to fly in to a black hole and come back out was basic physics as heat water it will boil ...and it could be as simple to build as a car engine and not almost impossible as trying to find a way to bend space it self
« Last Edit: 19/11/2013 04:06:57 by Missynmax83 »

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
and b4 u ask how can u go into a black hole ....its coz my theory mean gravity has nothing to do with bending space meaning a black hole has a simple relation with every thin around us  ....and with making a core it wouldnt be much of a step to cositter making a man made black hole

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
and sorry RD but i really did teach my self to read after i left school and it hard to even read over what i have wrote on my iphone b4 i post

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
Ah shoot, I just realized how old this thread is. That's a shame. I was hoping MOON TRUTH might actually come out of the wood works and say something.

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
Me to .... Can I ask u a question , supercryptid ..what r u , uni student or teacher ?

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
I graduated from college a while back. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. Even though I'm not a teacher, I've considered it and may some day choose that route (as of now I work for UPS).

Let's not dwell too much on that in this thread, though. I don't want to get scolded by the moderators for going off-topic.

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
That's ok I just wanted to know how much u would know ..got one more for u what would happen if at the finial state when the moon was much closer , that when the moon past the sun for longer than now the earths and sun gravity on each other was blocked allowing the earth to go off orbit a little bit moving away from the sun ...,.2 now how would the Roche point act if there was a some what event on both where there gravitys start to cut in and out and at some points have 0 gravity ....please don't really ask how that could happen coz I don't want to talk on a open blog about that I wood like to only talk to the people that I should be talk to about how that can happen .but just think for a sec it can

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
Gravity can't be blocked in that fashion.

please don't really ask how that could happen coz I don't want to talk on a open blog about that I wood like to only talk to the people that I should be talk to about how that can happen .

I find this a strange statement. You make it sound like there is some kind of danger in discussing this.

Offline Missynmax83

• View Profile
I don't think it could be blocked like blocking light but I'm talkng about it being dictorbed and have gravity cutting in and out or changing streight .my theroy wood mean that a mini active core would be aball to be made out of common matirals for most of it .it would only be the power source that's has strict control .but a sub active core could be possible but gov, uni and even mayor industry witch is to many people aball to play around with out a full set of rules on safety layed Down.i have left this theroy alone for 10 years and I will let it alone for the rest of my life than to let it be open to anyone to test .i know this should only be tested by the right people .imagine some uni kids .a company or even a falled state making a full or sub active core with no knowing on how it's working and no knowing of any fall safe way of controlling it  .... The only words and sorry b4 I say that .but **** that .this is not about anything but the greater good .to tell the truth all this haunt me and stops me from fully injoy my life so I think I need to deal with it
« Last Edit: 20/11/2013 11:16:13 by Missynmax83 »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length