The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Could magicians be using wavelengths the majority cannot see?  (Read 3769 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Kgaugelo asked the Naked Scientists:

A few weeks ago, Chris was asked a question about why light was invisible to the human eye.

His answer was that light traveled on a different frequency from the one that we can see as humans. He then cited the example of radio waves as a medium that uses different frequencies that allows radio transmitters to link up even through solid structures like brick walls.Light on the other hand would not be transmittable through a structure like a brick wall.

This got me thinking about Dynamao the Magician. I hope that you are familiar with him as he is British *chuckles*.

In line with the answer given about the light and different frequencies, is it conceivable to explain Dynamo's magic or "powers" as occurring on a different frequency from the one most of us operate in?

Is it conceivable that he really read some guys bank PIN by staring into his eyes? Or change a tattoo by swiping his finger over it?

NB. My question is premised on the basis that the acts of magic were in fact real. In other words I believe that he did walk on the Thames, or through a window pane without braking it.

To me, this appears the most feasible explanation of the "work" he performs. Your take?

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 31/07/2012 16:30:03 by _system »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
If "Dynamo" can really walk on water he wouldn't have to do the old switcheroo (signature is different) ...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk2lz0_dynamo-s-trick-caught-on-camera-at-sport-relief-revealed_news  [@1min40sec]

« Last Edit: 04/08/2012 01:11:18 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums