The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is anyone else looking forward to Don's closing ceremony rant?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline bizerl

• View Profile
I know I am!

Don, the floor is yours...

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I only saw the highlights and noticed that Brian May has given up dyeing his barnet.

« Last Edit: 13/08/2012 21:56:42 by RD »

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
I thought it was great watching Brian May finally appreciating (after all these years) the lascivious cavorting of his lead singer

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
It gives me great pleasure...... but that's another matter altogether.

I didn't watch the closing ceremoney, but 'er indoors insisted that I record it. All I have to do now, is get her to watch it while I'm elsewhere and I shall be quite chuffed at having missed it.

Personally, I would have just said "Right you lot, its all over now, so bugger off. Last one out, turn off the lights, lock the doors and sling the keys in the Thames. Go on, hop it, get out, and don't come back. On your way out, leave my Walnut Whips on this tray. GO ON, PUSH OFF, what are you waiting for?"

I am pleased to say, that I have work in Frankfurt starting at the end of the week and upon my return, it looks like I shall be off to Monte Carlo for another event. With a bit of luck, I shall miss the paralympics altogether.

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
They had Brian May in the closing ceremoney?

He may not have been on the scene quite as long as Sir Cliff Pilchards, but he is just another aging rocker who should be in a rocking chair, in a home for silly old fools who have one foot in the grave, along with Sir Macca, Jumping Jack Jagger and the like.

What's wrong with some more modern pop stars, like Jedward?

OK, Fair enough, point taken.

What a pair of dipsticks they are.

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
At least there was no bloody Paul McCartney in the close... he really has had his day; the singing at the opening and at the Jubilee concert was strained and unpleasant;

The WHO, on the other hand, were fantastic...

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
At least there was no bloody Paul McCartney in the close... he really has had his day; the singing at the opening and at the Jubilee concert was strained and unpleasant;

I have to agree with that.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums