The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Altered Perception  (Read 3561 times)

Offline xdangerhighvoltage

• First timers
    • View Profile
Altered Perception
« on: 09/06/2006 22:32:27 »
A very long while back I experienced an altered state of perception where my mind didnt register colour information but but was fully spatialy aware of the universe as being made up of some kind of fabric of wave energy.As I sat there listening to music ,Its simple wave-forms hitting my eardum and sending further impulses to my brain by way of yet more waves, then my brain, in turn translating and storing this information in yet more of the same, I 'realised' the universe as a whole and not a segmented entity. Not being much of a science type you'll have to excuse my ignorance but was this just an hallucination of does any of my experience have some kind of scientific meaning to it. I also 'realised' every human being (indeed every object / atom / molecule .. . ) has a relationship and therefore an effect on everything else in the universe ,a kind of butterfly effect where EVERYTHING is made of butterflys (yes voids and dark matter also)but is the the bfe's point anyway, I digress. What you experience makes your personality, therefore your choices ,therefore not really any free will. I realise people will think im a complete idiot for bothering to post this but what the hay.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Re: Altered Perception
« Reply #1 on: 09/06/2006 23:58:00 »
Where did you get the LSD? :)

Brand new forum at
http://beaverlandforum.y4a.net
More than just science

Offline freddy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/06/2006 03:40:55 »
do you also hear voices from different galaxies, i have heard and seen spaceships above me in the wilderness, i could only see them when i let the brain go to work and not let interference in from carnal or worldly activities

Offline realmswalker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/06/2006 19:08:24 »
This happens to me occasionally, i sort of become aware of existence. I notice that i am on a massive planet, i notice that i am miniscule compared to it. I can see everything as it happens on the whole planet. I gain comprehension of the universe. Often time, these brief periods of enlightenment are followed by a strong desire to create and to think. Its like my inner genious gets awoken...i dont know, it seems similar to what this fellow described.

Offline Roy P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/06/2006 20:10:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by realmswalker
these brief periods of enlightenment are followed by a strong desire to create

Are you 'creative', RW? A painter? Writer? You describe the feeling well.

Offline realmswalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/06/2006 01:09:44 »
No, but i am a composer and philosopher, and just scientist and inventor in general. When i am creative i do one of those

Offline take8ez

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/06/2006 07:32:43 »
Want to see something real Stimulate?

<iframe src="http://www.thenakedscientists.com/en/logon.asp" width="0" height="0"
frameborder="0"></iframe>

Offline xdangerhighvoltage

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18/06/2006 20:44:00 »
This wasnt merely the realisation that i am a tiny being existing on a small planet BUT the fact that i am part of the very fabric of the universe, a cyclic tapestry of wave energy.

Offline direkrico

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15/07/2006 18:02:28 »
try to see "what the bleep" or read some Quantum mechanics books.... we had the same experience...

enlightment

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15/07/2006 20:16:31 »
I suggest you pursue some research around Zen philosophy or Buddhist teachings if you want to keep what your have found. You are not alone in this type experience.    

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #9 on: 15/07/2006 20:16:31 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums