The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Are we at the centre of the Universe?  (Read 6130 times)

Offline stu

• View Profile
Re: Are we at the centre of the Universe?
« Reply #25 on: 06/09/2012 17:37:42 »
Now we are getting somewhere

roger that.   agree what about parralell univesre theory. Be really cool to jump between

sorry for being unimaginitive and confined to popular teachings. Btw not so young myself. Noy usual uni drone

Offline old guy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06/09/2012 18:48:51 »
Now we are getting somewhere

roger that.   agree what about parralell univesre theory. Be really cool to jump between

sorry for being unimaginitive and confined to popular teachings. Btw not so young myself. Noy usual uni drone
If you are speaking of M-theory... that is all metaphysics with no possibility of scientific "falsification" because we will never empirically observe a "string." M-theory supposedly united all five versions of string theory into a "membrane" composed of any and all kinds of imaginable strings. M-theory requires eleven "dimensions"... seven of which are never explained. But strings will remain only imaginary. So will the "branes" that are supposed to "clap together" to create "new universes."
[Universe means all there is, both known and unknown, (uni-verse) so the plural, "universes" is a misnomer.]

Offline Emc2

• <-- free thinker ..
    • View Profile
    • getting there
« Reply #27 on: 07/09/2012 05:58:43 »
Exactly my point. How is the matter being recycled afte expansion

uni directional. Or bidirectional. Using gravitational compresion
 explain how it goes from big bang to another if the matter is dissapated over time

the matter is being recycled through various black holes, and nova explosions, that replenish the matter..

Offline stu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07/09/2012 06:36:29 »
2 novas explode next to each other matter goes towards the other.

Were expanding moving away

your talking micro

im thinking macro

Offline bizerl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07/09/2012 06:54:49 »
Could it be argued that the surface of a globe is "infinite"? If I stand on a globe, I have an equal amount of area around me in all directions, therefore I am in the "centre". If I walk in one direction, I can go on forever. I can walk in any direction forever - there is no start and no end. On Earth we say the top of the Earth is called the north pole, but you couldn't call this the "start" of the Earth.
I know our brains are not equipped to see more dimensions but if this concept is extrapolated from a 2 dimensional surface of a sphere, to it's 3 dimensional equivalent, it would give us a universe which cannot necessarily be regarded as "infinite" but nevertheless, has no start, no end and no centre.

btw, Emc2, my definition of "universe" is the observable one that contains all the physics we have to deal with. I agree with the principle of an ultimate infinity but it's pointless to apply that definition when we have no access to anything outside what we can see. (-ish. You get my point. Right?)

Offline Emc2

• <-- free thinker ..
    • View Profile
    • getting there
« Reply #30 on: 07/09/2012 07:01:58 »
2 novas explode next to each other matter goes towards the other.

Were expanding moving away

your talking micro

im thinking macro

in my theory Mega Nova explosions create universes, inside of the super verse, and they are rare.

Offline Emc2

• <-- free thinker ..
    • View Profile
    • getting there
« Reply #31 on: 07/09/2012 07:04:01 »
btw, Emc2, my definition of "universe" is the observable one that contains all the physics we have to deal with. I agree with the principle of an ultimate infinity but it's pointless to apply that definition when we have no access to anything outside what we can see. (-ish. You get my point. Right?)

ok, my universe is our area of the super verse, and universes are all over the super verse.

as far as infinity, it is not unreal, it is reality.

First of all, everything that exists today, came into existence only one of two ways.

1) it was created  ( two most popular )
       A)  self created sub atomic particle as in the Big Bang theory
       B)  created by something or some being

2) It has all always existed.

Position 1A leads to for example, if a particle could "self Create", then logic dictates that it has so in the past, and could do so again in the future.  If in the past, then you are into infinite regress, hence it always has been here anyways.

Position 1B  leads to , what created the being or thing that created everything, and so on again into a infinite regress.

So logic dictates Position 2,  infinity is the only logical conclusion.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #31 on: 07/09/2012 07:04:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums