The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: 'Pronouncements' on electrodes, dialetrics and chemistry  (Read 8134 times)

Offline damocles

• View Profile
Re: 'Pronouncements' on electrodes, dialetrics and chemistry
« Reply #25 on: 23/08/2012 03:12:46 »
From William McCormick:
I would love to know what I said about dielectrics that is not mainstream?

I would love to know what I said about common welders that is not mainstream?

If you would really "love to know" anything, then post it as a separate question in a new thread. See if you get any answers, and listen to them if you do. You should not hijack other discussions with lengthy posts that none of the well-trained scientists among those who contribute to these boards can see any merit in. Welding and dielectrics has absolutely nothing to do with the original poster's request for a source of materials for a conventional low-voltage DC electrolysis cell.

Offline peppercorn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • solar
« Reply #26 on: 23/08/2012 14:10:39 »
Imatfaal's warning was not headed. Action has been taken.
A 'notha Mod

Offline Boogie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23/08/2012 17:58:02 »
ARC used to stand for Anode, Rectified Cathode,

Sincerely,

William McCormick

LOL! Welders didn't buy your ARC theory on weldingweb.com, what makes you think actual scientists will accpet it here?

I hope you don't contribute to Wikipedia too...

Offline William McCormick

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26/08/2012 20:07:48 »
You just don't know history. Most welders are welding because they have to. Or they are welding stuff after they retire, or as a hobby.

It does not change what an ARC is. In fact when welders die and they do all the time, it is because they don't understand the ARC.

If you understand most everything, the problem is that your courage and manhood get called into question for just taking it from poor leaders.

Benjamin Franklin when he was planing with George Washington to start a new country, decided that he would figure out everything a country is and does to be a country. Benjamin Franklin was a printer, so he said I can print the money, but how do we connect it to the gold or what ever gives it worth.

So they demonstrated the current English system at that time. Benjamin Franklin paid George Washington $100.00 in freshly printed paper for $100.00 worth of gold. Benjamin Franklin, then collected a 50 percent tax from George Washington when George Went to buy provisions from another fellow. Benjamin Franklin now had the $100.00 in gold, and fifty dollars of his paper back. When the other fellow went to buy products, Benjamin Franklin took half of that too. Now Benjamin Franklin had the $100.00 in gold, and $75.00 of his paper back. At the next sale, Benjamin received another 12.50 of his paper back. At the next sale, he got 6.25 of his paper back.

The point is Benjamin Franklin and his boys realized that England was just a bunch of stuffed shirt losers that were never happy, and were never going to be happy, even when they were controlling unlimited wealth.

After the war, unfortunately Hamilton somehow got control of the money, Vice President Burr did shoot and kill Hamilton in a fair dual. At that point the government actually tried to arrest and kill Burr. That is how corrupt the new government was. Later when Burr boasted that he could take Washington DC, and drive her forces into the Potomac river with as little as 500 men. He was again arrested and tried for crimes against the United States. It was later proven that he had committed no crime. The point was that the whole thing ruined his chances for the Presidency. And highlighted the same losers had raced to power.

Not everyone who participated in the Revolution was a good person. Some did it for the power.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26/08/2012 20:26:55 »
ARC used to stand for Anode, Rectified Cathode,

Sincerely,

William McCormick

LOL! Welders didn't buy your ARC theory on weldingweb.com, what makes you think actual scientists will accpet it here?

I hope you don't contribute to Wikipedia too...

I hope you know that science has nothing to do with peer pressure at all. So your use of it defines, you as a poor scientist. That is just how it is. I know anyone can be a great scientist, you just have to have the courage to be yourself and form your own opinions, based on facts. No matter what ten, a hundred or ten billion think.

If you understand electricity you know the batteries are labeled backwards. And  you would know that ARC was an acronym for Anode, Rectified Cathode. I learned it from the same teacher in school both ways. He taught us the old way and then he taught us the new way. So I have no doubts about this.

I was also told by a Marine that worked on high priority military projects and special prototypes at Grumman, what ARC is and how it works. This is not like maybe what it is. This is what it is. The path of the Cathode ray is arced and can be arced. While the path of electricity from a power supply goes in a straight line and does not want to be steered by lesser forces. The ARC can be steered by forces much weaker then the power supply creating it. That is the difference.

Here is a movie showing how the cathode ray can be steered and the anode ray cannot. The cathode ray is not created by the power source, it is actually flowing against the direction of the power source, so it can be steered by a magnet or an abundance of voltage. This is contrary to what people are taught and believe.

This is a movie showing how electricity travels from point A to point B from the power supply and the shows AC current and then Reverse polarity DC current that forms an ARC. It also shows how Benjamin Franklin used pointed and flat electrodes to prove the direction of electricity and its properties.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 26/08/2012 21:29:07 »
I hope you know that science has nothing to do with peer pressure at all. So your use of it defines, you as a poor scientist. That is just how it is. I know anyone can be a great scientist, you just have to have the courage to be yourself and form your own opinions, based on facts. No matter what ten, a hundred or ten billion think.

Correct,
Science isn't about peer pressure, although much of it is based on peer reviewed literature.  And, if one has a novel idea, or an idea that goes against the norm, then the person must have the facts and data to back it up.  So, for the most part science is more about data than opinion, although there is a grey area as one considers different interpretations of the data.

If you understand electricity you know the batteries are labeled backwards.

It isn't that batteries are labeled backwards.  + or - is an arbitrary label.
The problem is that in elementary electronics, electricity is often considered to flow from (+ to -), but later it was discovered that the elementary particles, protons carry a positive charge, and generally don't move (although they are used to transmit electricity in cells).  And, that the electron is the subatomic particle with a negative charge that is most mobile.  So, the flow of electrons is actually from (- to +)

For many things flow from (+ to -) or (- to +) doesn't make a big difference as one needs a circuit, although it is a consideration that welders have to determine heat distribution.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26/08/2012 23:39:25 »

Correct,
Science isn't about peer pressure, although much of it is based on peer reviewed literature.  And, if one has a novel idea, or an idea that goes against the norm, then the person must have the facts and data to back it up.  So, for the most part science is more about data than opinion, although there is a grey area as one considers different interpretations of the data.

If you understand electricity you know the batteries are labeled backwards.

It isn't that batteries are labeled backwards.  + or - is an arbitrary label.
The problem is that in elementary electronics, electricity is often considered to flow from (+ to -), but later it was discovered that the elementary particles, protons carry a positive charge, and generally don't move (although they are used to transmit electricity in cells).  And, that the electron is the subatomic particle with a negative charge that is most mobile.  So, the flow of electrons is actually from (- to +)

For many things flow from (+ to -) or (- to +) doesn't make a big difference as one needs a circuit, although it is a consideration that welders have to determine heat distribution.

If you understand electricity, you know that if you can arbitrarily label terminals (+) or (-) then you can tell the forklift driver to raise it down, and lower it up. That is where electricity is today.

The particle of electricity does not have a negative charge, whatsoever. No one ever showed a stitch of proof that is true. There are no papers demonstrating that possibility, no experiments to prove that. Nothing at all. Just theories based on that lie.

Electricity works exactly as Benjamin Franklin described it. It is as simple as a garden hose. There is pressure in one terminal, and a shortage of pressure in the other. The particles flow from one terminal to the other. No positrons, like Du Fay had imagined. No nuetrons, no gluons, bosons, mesons, or anything else.

The ARC is what fools most people. For one most are afraid of it, they should be it can deliver the type of shock you get from a cathode ray tube, or worse. As a welder after many years you start to love it. Because you watch it for years of your life. I learned to weld at Grumman Aero Space when I was nine. The ARC was an amazing thing to see through a proper welding lens for the first time. Before that it was just a blinding light that was dangerous.

You have probably seen that I posted stuff about how the ether explained everything up until about World War Two. Not everyone liked it, however not everyone wanted to know the truth. So we know that at one time people felt the ether or as American Universal Scientists called it ambient radiation was part of science. The science that built everything we have today. There is no doubt about this. All we have done since that time, is mislabel things and made them smaller. Nothing new has taken place. In fact many exciting things have been packed away. 

The proton or actually the hydrogen atom, is just a sphere of particles of electricity. Trapped in a spherical shape, by the tiny hydrogen atoms huge surface area, to tiny volume. Ambient radiation pounds everything in this universe from every angle, giving atoms their shape and their qualities. The ambient radiation also transmits those qualities to us.

It is the velocity of particles of electricity that causes the communications we perceive as light, different color light, heat, cold, UV, X-rays, radio, gravity, and vibrations. That is why a coil of wire can do what it does. People talk great scientific theory about how this coil spins over here and this coil just follows suit. However without ambient radiation to communicate those effects those theories die off. The government was open and stated that after World War Two we would no longer be taught the atom. In order to misunderstand the atom, you have to misunderstand the bomb and of course electricity. So there is no conspiracy at all. This is just the brain storm of government workers gone mad.

I was probably the luckiest person on earth to have gotten Pre World War Two science and economics. It is a whole other universe I live in. I have every opportunity available to me, just very few individuals left, with the courage to make use of it. Modern science is like watching reruns of Sesame Street to me.

This is how I was taught light works. Press the little button in the far right lower corner of the screen to see it full screen. This is how it used to be taught in America.

It is the helical angle of travel, of different color light that causes, your eye to see whatever color is sent to it. Higher velocity light purple and blue, travel in a more straight large radius path. While red and yellow travel in a tighter less straight path. This allows the retina, to decipher which color light it is. By how deep the light penetrates into the eye. Very much like the ocean knocks out the reds, yellows and finally green, leaving only blue light at depths.

The lengths of wire  in the movie below, are the same in all three cases. Just the diameter of the path is different. That is how the different color light travels through matter. Matter like air and uncolored glass. The faster light, creates a high frequency in matter, because it is striking or actually just repelling, more atoms per second then the slower light, taking a more jagged path.

We were taught that no two things in this universe ever actually touch. Each object is just in close proximity to one another. Matter is 90 percent space. If I took a lie detector test I can pass it when I say I never touched anything in my whole life. That is how sure I am of it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26/08/2012 23:53:54 »

Particles of electricity can only flow in one direction, and one direction only. That is from a place of abundance to a place of less abundance. Because there is no attraction force to pull them anywhere.

Particles of electricity are the very definition of positive. They repel all things, keeping pressure on all things at all times. Particles of electricity create the universal pressure that keeps the universe together. If you saw the older books, I posted on the direction of electricity, most older folks after World War Two just assumed that they had gotten it right. The colleges did not get it right. The colleges were paid big bucks to get it wrong. Stupid grants proving wrong things got money from the government. While real projects were laughed at.

Brookhaven labs received a grant because they said they were going to create perfect vacuum. When no such thing exists. It cannot in this universe. The rest is history. We had the technology to transform whole planets in the sixties. Today I doubt we could get back to the moon.

The point is that neutrons and all the other particles are to keep your mind off of, "raise the electron pressure down" and " lower the electron pressure up". It is no wonder everything is turning to garbage. I use a seventy year old welder to weld with, and do those nice stainless steel beads with no filler wire. It is still the nicest welder I have ever used. And has never caused me a day of trouble. We are going backwards my friend.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #32 on: 26/08/2012 23:53:54 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums