The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Limitation Of Human Mind.  (Read 7049 times)

Offline Razak

• View Profile
Limitation Of Human Mind.
« on: 12/06/2006 06:36:48 »
Assumptions:
     1.   The process of evolution will go on with time and will never stop.
     2.   The highest level of intelligence is of Gods. ( I will justify it below)

Are we the Supreme Being that nature can create? I don’t think so, because the theory of evolution is against the idea. Therefore the human mind has a limitation to understand everything, which is needed to create the theory of every thing. I think that our mind has not evolved to the level of God’s. The big question is when will it evolve be in the level of gods? And can we evolve further than that? The answer of the second question is NO because if we evolve further than we will be able to create a universe for god to live in and playing God for God is not a logical because Do you think our creator  will let us be better than him/her? (Take is as speed of light, going near to it is hard but crossing it is impossible)   There are two answers to the first question:

Answer 1: If we assume that time will go on infinitely than we will never reach that level of evolution because we have assumed that the mind of god is the highest level that we cannot cross (answer to question 1) so if we reach the Gods level at some time in future than we will cross it (Assumption 1)

Answer 2: If we assume that time will end at some point in future (as some theory predicts) than answering the question becomes difficult because we have to consider How much time we have left to evolve?, Will it be enough?, Will we destroy ourselves (e.g., nuclear war) or be destroyed (e.g., a meteoroid hitting earth)? Will the rate of evolution be enough?
I cannot answer these questions, if you can than let me know, otherwise I guess we will have to wait and see. The most logical thing for the almighty to do is to wait until we get close than BANG, it is likely that he/she has already programmed the universe to do so.      

RazaK

another_someone

Re: Limitation Of Human Mind.
« Reply #1 on: 12/06/2006 13:33:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Razak
Assumptions:
     1.   The process of evolution will go on with time and will never stop.
     2.   The highest level of intelligence is of Gods. ( I will justify it below)

Answer 1: If we assume that time will go on infinitely than we will never reach that level of evolution because we have assumed that the mind of god is the highest level that we cannot cross (answer to question 1) so if we reach the Gods level at some time in future than we will cross it (Assumption 1)

No, assumption 1 does not assume that if we become as intelligent as God, then we will evolve to a higher intelligence.

Assumption 1 merely states (quite correctly) that evolution will continue.  You have made an unspoken, and unsubstantiated, assumption that further evolution will lead to higher intelligence.  All  that evolution will guarantee is fitness for the environment, it does not become inevitable that greater intelligence will always be the most apt evolution to make the best use of future environments.

In fact, many species are very successful in their own niche with very much less intelligence than humans posses.  Intelligence carries a lot of cost with it, and for many species it makes more sense making the same investment in other attributes that benefit them more than higher intelligence would.

Furthermore, assumption 2 has certain problems.  A major aspect of human intelligence is concerned with social interaction (e.g. language use), yet a solitary God has no peers with which He may socially interact, so for what did his intelligence evolve?

George
« Last Edit: 12/06/2006 13:38:57 by another_someone »

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/06/2006 13:48:09 »
Tell me about Gods intelligents then George since you have inside track. LOL

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

Offline gecko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13/06/2006 23:23:10 »
yes, humans are no "more evolved" than any other animal alive today. weve all adapted, and for some animals, less intelligent(that is to say, reasoning) and more instinctual is better. and what another_someone said... greater intelligence isnt neccesarily an evolutionary advantage in the future.

Offline Razak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21/06/2006 06:59:16 »
Evolution, it is a very tricky thing. Yes I agree that evolution will not always be of brain but also of our body to adopt the environment. The first assumption says evolution should not stop, i.e. the evolution of our mind or brain should not stop either. Why do you think that nature gave us higher intelligence but not wings or infra ray vision? It is because we can make it ourselves due to evolution of our brain. Why do you think evolution occurs? It occurs to make an organism to be able to survive it’s surrounding i.e. evolution will make the organ or the body parts of the organism that is most important to survive. Now what is the most important part of human that have made its existence possible for all these years? Of course our brain. Therefore evolution will be focusing more on the development of our brain than our other body parts.

For the God’s intelligence, take it as a constant that way you won’t have to think about its evolution. It will be foolish to ask about the evolution of his intelligence because time had not started.        

RazaK

Offline Razak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21/06/2006 09:39:43 »
This reply is the follow up of the one before.

I think the anthropic principal supports the idea of God’s intelligence. The simple concept of the principal is that ‘If the conditions weren’t suitable for life, we wouldn’t be asking why they are as they are.’ Therefore this theory predicts that God was intelligent enough to create the universe or to be more scientific everything before big-bang (because physics says there are specific laws that govern everything after big-bang so there is no need of God in this world.) and also intelligent enough to make all laws of science so that eventually we or intelligent being like us (if there are other) will be created.

I am sure that not every one will agree with me especially with the idea of existence of god as i dont have any mathmatical support for it. I think it depends on what you believe in e.g. if do don’t believe or want to except time as a fourth dimension than you wont understand the theory of relativity and that is a good thing because as Einstein said ‘The important thing is to keep on asking questions’ if hope we will eventually find the true answer and as the bible says ‘The truth will set you free’.

RazaK

Offline Razak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/07/2006 06:45:16 »
Hello everyone! Please reply.

RazaK

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/07/2006 17:50:02 »
Sometimes can’t make em give up anything more that their name and serial number next second you can shut them up.  :D:D:D:D:):):):D:D[:p][:p][:p]

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/07/2006 17:53:14 »
Hey how is the whether in Kathmandu these days? I always wanted to go there since I was a little boy collecting stamps.

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/07/2006 18:13:28 »
The egoic mind is limited to it memories and to the reality it perceives from its own making. Beyond this is the vastness of everything that we all can tap into if we choose to.

This is where we get our creatively from, and this is where our path to enlightenment begins. It is both without time or distances and is indeed limitless. It is part of being but it is not of the mind.    

« Last Edit: 08/07/2006 18:16:35 by Hadrian »

Offline Razak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13/07/2006 12:09:18 »
Hello any other ideas on this topic.

RazaK

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13/07/2006 19:29:04 »
What do you think Razak?

Offline xpowderx

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14/07/2006 11:41:12 »
While I dont really like giving words on the subject of evolution vs God I thought i would give a little insight to what I do know.

1. Since there is a God, we were made in his likeness!
2. According to certain manuscripts we<man> are gods temple.
3, As such all things of this universe should be of our dominion.
4. When reading the bible i notice that people could do things we cannot :-D

Now the question would be as to why. I personally believe it has to do with set limitations we give or has been trained to ourselves. Just think our mind can process up to 4 billion particles of information at one time. Of which our consciousness only processes about 2000 of that 4 billion. What happened??

Well many many many years ago there was a ideology that was used as a suppression of people. The idea was to use religion and faith as a way to keep control over people. Constantine used this ,and in latter days one of the most nightmarish events took place in the world. The Inquisition! I believe that man encountered a dumb down type effect over the past 1000 years or so. This lasted til the mid to late 1600's.
 Gallileo, one of the most influential and creative minds, opened up a resurgence of the art thought lost.Even under persecution he brought back science, math, and theory! By the 1800's schools were formed in many areas! Higher learning became more acceptable. There was still one thing not up to par. Our MIND!!

In the 1800's and early 1900's science was still struggling. Great inventors/scientists were known by individual name. The majority of people were still uneducated, and lacked any real knowledge of science! After many generations of this dumbing down effect it took the rarest of breed to understand science!

It was not til the 1930/40ies and the passing of certain educational standards did man once more grasp the limitless boundaries! The Great War brought about change within humanity. Evolution in effect. Man was forced to create or be destroyed!

That war unleashed our ability that we lost! We are just now realizing fifty years post WWII that there is more to our mind, science and the universe than just physical!

It is not coincedence that science and faith has crossed over into a new beginning. That we as man have no set boundaries other than what we give! That in the past 50 years revolution science has been unprecedented!! That ideas, creations of thought has brought what can only be deemed miracles to you and me!

Now we are on the verge of another evolution. Using more of our mind than we thought possible. I believe that religous prayer is real, that once people did pray and have that prayer fulfilled. I also believe that prayer is not getting down on your knees , bending over and asking some man created deity to forgive him of his woes or ills and to bless this man magically with all kinds of "spontaneous" good tidings!

I do believe that our mind has more control over reality than what we use. As one who truly knows that everything is interconnected, I believe our consciousness is as well. And that thru that conscious energy anything is possible! And that prayer as most call it is the manifestation that is created from our awakening minds! And that maybe.. Those bible stories we read about may actually have some real value in our future!

So it is a Golden Age! As to God, it isnt even logical to even comprehend what, who, where God is! Or to even prove God exists.!!

As to science!! Its the best!!!Greatist manifestation of existance we can use!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #12 on: 14/07/2006 11:41:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums