The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Pants  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Ottehg Star

• View Profile
Pants
« on: 13/06/2006 17:38:34 »
I was wondering if you physicists might be able to tell me why my pants and underwear always ride "up" despite the obvious gravitational implications.  They should go down but they always go up and give me narly itches and discomfort.  Explain .......

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
Re: Pants
« Reply #1 on: 13/06/2006 19:20:54 »
I would think that it is the constant of you going down in your seat faster than the pants do, due to friction holding the pants in place, And when you are walking, its because the legs are always lifting up and pulling the pants with it.

E=MC2... m=deg/360 X C... C= PiD

therefore E=deg/360 X 2(PiD)

another_someone

« Reply #2 on: 13/06/2006 20:40:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ottehg Star
I was wondering if you physicists might be able to tell me why my pants and underwear always ride "up" despite the obvious gravitational implications.  They should go down but they always go up and give me narly itches and discomfort.  Explain .......

My own anecdotal observation would tend towards the suggestion that this reflects your hip/waist ratio.

My observations suggest that belts tend to ride towards the narrower area, this being where they are under less tension.  If your hips are larger than your waist (which is the more healthy ratio to have), then the belt will tend towards the waist; but if your waist is larger than your hip, then the belt will move towards the hip.

George

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 13/06/2006 20:40:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums