The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Spooky!  (Read 3239 times)

Offline harryneild

• View Profile
Spooky!
« on: 14/06/2006 17:58:44 »
Recently, my cousins have started seeing weird things happening in their house. First, one of them, a 17 year old boy, saw a old man walk past him in his room yet there was no one there, and there are no old men living at the house. Then the two young girls started to see things and reported it to their mum. Then the baby, who can only just speak, refused to go into a room, which he would normally do, for unexplainable reasons. All of these weird happenings made me search on the internet about ghosts and that sort of things as i was skeptical about the possibility that ghosts existed.

I found out that there was an aeroplane crash in 1952, the canberra WD991, and that it crashed near enough directly where the house is now. There is a street nearby called canberra lane, which is a tribute to this disaster. Also the description of the way in which the aeroplane crashed is strange. The pilot reported no problems with the plane and then suddenly it went into a dive. It hit the ground at 80degrees and dissintergrated. There has been no official reson found. Here is a link to the information - http://web.ukonline.co.uk/lait/site/Canberra%20WD991.htm

Now this made me interested. What a coincidence! Also before this information was found, my cousin had described the the apparition as a rather slim man, which fits the picture, although it is nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

A couple of days ago, my auntie was taking pictures of one of my cousins in her fancy dress for a party she was going to. In one it was just an average picture, but in another, there was an 'orb' by her feet. See for yourself -

I know that there are many different ways that orbs on photos can be explained without ghosts, but it still is a bit weird isn't it! I am still skeptical, these things may happen all the time, just we are more wary after the other things.

Despite everything, i'm still adopting the 'ill believe it when i see it' approach and be skeptical of the whole thing. I am a believer in science and i dont know of any science explanation for the paranormal.

Im wondering, have any of you guys had any experiences of supernatural occurences? Have you got any information for me that might shed light on my situation? Are these things common? Loads of people i have asked about this have had personal experiences and so i'd like to hear your stories :)

Thanks a lot

"Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes." Peter F. Drucker
« Last Edit: 05/04/2007 21:51:45 by harryneild »

another_someone

Re: Spooky!
« Reply #1 on: 14/06/2006 19:24:31 »
As you say, the 'orb' looks as likely simply to be flare as anything else.

You don't say whether the photo was film of digital.  Film could also be a processing issue, or otherwise could be moisture on the lens; but I still think flare to be the most likely posibility.

George

Offline harryneild

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/06/2006 22:07:01 »
Yeh the camera was digital. The reason that my auntie was a bit spooked out was because she took a few and only one had it. Also they changed none of the lighting in the room.

I have read that many orbs are just the consequence of condensations or dust on the lense of the camera. I suspect it is this. But even apart from that, the plane crash sure is freaky!

Thanks

Harry

"Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes." Peter F. Drucker

Offline upton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14/06/2006 23:02:40 »
I think the invisible ladder is spooky !

~~~I can't think of a signature~~~

Offline Roy P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15/06/2006 11:33:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by upton
I think the invisible ladder is spooky !

Ha-ha-ha!

Offline gecko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20/06/2006 05:14:22 »
if you look into the history of any residence, something tragic and/or interesting has happened in the neighborhood. esspecially with an old, old neighborhood because its had more time for tragic and/or interesting things to have happened.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 20/06/2006 05:14:22 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums