The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why does emotion trigger a tingling sensation in my spine?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Reinos

• First timers
    • View Profile
Hello all! I saw a post by someone of a similar nature and was hoping to get some answers or theories toward an explanation. The best way to describe my symptom, ability, or what have you is a tingle of varying intensity that travels from the base of the back of my skull down the rest of my body. It's usually an emotion activated response but I have been able to "manually" for lack of a better term activate it as well. Any thoughts on the matter are welcome.  :)
« Last Edit: 04/12/2012 22:35:38 by chris »

Offline cheryl j

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proxy emotional response
« Reply #1 on: 03/12/2012 03:15:43 »
What kind of emotion is activating it? Is it a positive or negative sensation?

Offline Reinos

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/12/2012 17:51:04 »
My apologies if you read this post prior to this edit but I had to make it as accurate as possible. Most commonly but not in all cases it's an anger or elation response. When it occurs on its own it starts at the base of the skull and goes through the rest of my body as a non painful tingling sensation. I have just as of moments ago (as I haven't given it much thought until this forum.) found that when I cause the event to occur I can more or less choose where it occurs. When it's my chest it starts from the middle of my back and radiates forward. My arms and legs as individuals seem to start where they occur.
« Last Edit: 04/12/2012 08:01:19 by Reinos »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 03/12/2012 17:51:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums