The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: HTML-5 & Neural networking?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Airthumbs

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
HTML-5 & Neural networking?
« on: 25/01/2013 18:33:14 »
Is it possible using HTML-5 to allow the possibility of connecting thousands of computers together to create a neural network?

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HTML-5 & Neural networking?
« Reply #1 on: 25/01/2013 18:59:08 »
Is there blurring between HTML and Java?  I may be a bit behind the times with HTML, but I've thought it of a purely display language, and interacting with a server. 

The power comes in with the JAVA which is executed on the client.

There have been several virtual supercomputer projects, in theory downloading a small app to clients which then run calculations in their free processor time. 

Video cards tend to have high speed, massively parallel processing, and have been used for things like local simulation of neural nets.

Offline nicephotog

• H h H h H h H h H h
    • View Profile
    • Freeware Downloads
« Reply #2 on: 14/04/2013 06:45:52 »
Airthumb: Is it possible using HTML-5 to allow the possibility of connecting thousands of computers together to create a neural network?
At the end of the last century HTML was restructured after HTML4.01 into a type of w3c.org specified "XML" but retaining much of its purpose.
"Neuro networking" would be better comprehended as "Network Mapping" and as far as i am aware a type of XML is used for that purpose of both network mapping and associating CGI commands but are platform software specific.

CliffordK: The power comes in with the JAVA which is executed on the client.
I hope you mean JAVA , not javascript.
Javascript is a "script"(text) language fed to a "runtime interpreter" program read from a .js MIME type text file or embedded segment of html or xml or sgml.
Java is a C like typed language, compiled into "byte-code modules"(mixture of special instructions and machine language instructions like a C DLL or C unix .so module) for a Java runtime interpreter called a Java virtual machine.
« Last Edit: 14/04/2013 06:47:28 by nicephotog »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 14/04/2013 06:45:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums