The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: passing out  (Read 17428 times)

Offline osuisbest

• View Profile
passing out
« on: 02/07/2006 04:33:21 »
what happens to a person when they pass out?  does it do any damage to the person when it happens?

Andrea,..from KAREN

Andrea,
Caritas Family Shelter

Richmond, VA, 23219
(804) 340-0817
Own this business? Enhance your listing.
[1-99] HERNDON RDRICHMOND, VA 23229 RICHMOND, VA 23219

Maneuvers: Distance:
1. Start out going NORTHEAST on HERNDON RD toward RIVER RD. 0.06 mi
2. Turn RIGHT onto RIVER RD. 3.53 mi
3. RIVER RD becomes VA-147/CARY ST RD. 2.00 mi
4. Merge onto I-195 S toward I-95 S/I-64 E (Portions toll). 3.13 mi
5. Take the exit toward 7TH ST/US-60/9TH ST. 0.10 mi
6. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto E BYRD ST. 0.14 mi
7. Turn LEFT onto US-60 E/S 9TH ST. Continue to follow S 9TH ST. 0.39 mi
Estimated Time: 0h 17m Total Distance: 9.34 mi

Emergency Shelter Inc
1201 Brd Rock Blvd
Richmond, VA, 23249-0001
(804) 230-4278

[1152-1162] HERNDON PKWY
HERNDON, VA 20170 1201 BROAD ROCK BLVD
RICHMOND, VA 23249-0001

1. Start out going NORTH on HERNDON PKWY toward DULLES PL. 0.28 mi
2. Turn LEFT onto VA-606 W/STERLING RD. Continue to follow VA-606 W. 1.40 mi
3. Merge onto VA-28 S toward DULLES AIRPORT. 16.19 mi
4. Turn LEFT onto LIBERIA AVE. 1.76 mi
5. LIBERIA AVE becomes PRINCE WILLIAM PKWY/VA-3000 S. 2.02 mi
6. Go STRAIGHT. 0.01 mi
7. Turn LEFT onto DUMFRIES RD/VA-234 S. 13.89 mi
8. Merge onto I-95 S. 73.63 mi
9. Take the I-64 W/I-195 S exit, EXIT 79, toward POWHITE PKWY/CHARLOTTESVILLE. 0.19 mi
10. Merge onto I-195 S via EXIT 186 on the LEFT toward POWHITE PKWY (Portions toll). 2.39 mi
11. Take VA-76 S/BELTLINE EXPY toward VA-150/POWHITE PKWY/US-60/US-360 (Portions toll). 0.18 mi
12. Merge onto VA-76 S (Portions toll). 1.84 mi
13. Take the FOREST HILL AVE exit. 0.19 mi
14. Keep LEFT at the fork to go on FOREST HILL AVE/VA-683. 1.49 mi
15. Turn RIGHT onto VA-161 S/WESTOVER HILLS BLVD. Continue to follow VA-161 S. 2.08 mi
Estimated Time: 2h 12m Total Distance: 117.56 mi
Reverse direction data

Chula Vista Women's Shelter
Home provided for battered women and children. E-mail for more information. Non-profit public benefit organization. Established 1990. Donation-based company.

« Last Edit: 03/07/2006 01:56:30 by osuisbest »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
Re: passing out
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/2006 04:51:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by osuisbest

what happens to a person when they pass out?  does it do any damage to the person when it happens?
my other half has the tendency when he is angry to choke me until i pass out.  so i am wondering if anything could go wrong?

ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS

It may sound too obvious but you could die,or your brain could be starved of oxygen for to long causing brain damage.

If your being serious then you really need to consider getting the **** out of their because one day he will go to far and kill you.

No one should be allowed to get away with doing that to anyone, call the police

Michael

Offline Acoustic Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02/07/2006 06:20:45 »
Umm...wow, Like Mike said, I would suggest not worrying about exactly how it works and what the

long term damages it can cause are. Instead, I would find a way to avoid it at all costs.

I think I have a solution, call the police and leave him immediatly. Or else choke him till he

passes out, then leave.

"Science Rules"

Bill Nye The    
             Science Guy

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02/07/2006 15:28:26 »
quote:

my other half has the tendency when he is angry to choke me until i pass out.  so i am wondering if anything could go wrong?

BLOODY HELL ANDREA !!...you are joking aren't you ?

Of course it does you damage...that's why you pass out!!!!!!!!

For heavens sake....unless this is some sort of asphyxia related sexual fetish then what on earth are you doing still with this person ?

I realise it's not for us to tell you to get out of a relationship ...and we know it's sooo much easier said than done.....but, to choke you ???...please tell us it's a joke !!

------------------------

Friend chats to Andrea

"Hi Andrea how are you today"
"I'm fine...partner just choked me till I passed out again last night"
"Oh , that happened again did it ?"
"yes..but I love him"

Andrea...you seem so blasé about it !!...Get out of there NOW !!..PLEASE !!!!

This is SCARY  girl  and we all love you !!

Men are the same as women, just inside out !
« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 23:02:02 by neilep »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02/07/2006 17:06:33 »
Andrea - YES IT ABSOLUTELY DOES DAMAGE TO YOU.  IT DOES DAMAGE TO YOUR CHILDREN TOO!  Watching their mother be physically and emotionally abused changes them and hurts them. It robs them of their childhood and their innocence.  It also sets them up to become involved in physically abusive relationships also.  What would you say to your daughter if she were with someone who choked her or beat her?  You would tell her to get out.  Why would you want any less for you?  

I realize it's easy for us to sit back and say get out, but if he's physically hurting you, you must!  I know financially it will difficult, to say the least.  Go on government assistance if you have to.  Go online and research where to get help, but do something to get yourself and your children out of this situation.

Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02/07/2006 17:26:59 »
Oh my God, Andrea, Friend, Thats not love! Get out now! Where are you? Don't think, just put the kids in the car and drive as far away as you can. Get some help or call someone, but get out! Honey this is seriously wrong! Is there something I can do? I can help you find a shelter and get you and the kids into a safe house.  I will start looking! Tell me exactly where you are! I will find someone to help you friend!......Please Andrea you and the children need to go! Let us help if we can!.......We love you Andrea.....Karen
« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 17:31:10 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02/07/2006 19:39:39 »
Andrea,
Caritas Family Shelter

Richmond, VA, 23219
(804) 340-0817
    [1-99] HERNDON RDRICHMOND, VA 23229        RICHMOND, VA 23219

Maneuvers:   Distance:
1. Start out going NORTHEAST on HERNDON RD toward RIVER RD.   0.06 mi
2. Turn RIGHT onto RIVER RD.   3.53 mi
3. RIVER RD becomes VA-147/CARY ST RD.   2.00 mi
4. Merge onto I-195 S toward I-95 S/I-64 E (Portions toll).   3.13 mi
5. Take the exit toward 7TH ST/US-60/9TH ST.   0.10 mi
6. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto E BYRD ST.   0.14 mi
7. Turn LEFT onto US-60 E/S 9TH ST. Continue to follow S 9TH ST.   0.39 mi
Estimated Time: 0h 17m   Total Distance: 9.34 mi

Emergency Shelter Inc
1201 Brd Rock Blvd
Richmond, VA, 23249-0001
(804) 230-4278

[1152-1162] HERNDON PKWY
HERNDON, VA 20170   1201 BROAD ROCK BLVD
RICHMOND, VA 23249-0001  

6. Go STRAIGHT. 0.01 mi
9. Take the I-64 W/I-195 S exit, EXIT 79, toward POWHITE PKWY/CHARLOTTESVILLE. 0.19 mi
10. Merge onto I-195 S via EXIT 186 on the LEFT toward POWHITE PKWY (Portions toll). 2.39 mi
11. Take VA-76 S/BELTLINE EXPY toward VA-150/POWHITE PKWY/US-60/US-360 (Portions toll). 0.18 mi
15. Turn RIGHT onto VA-161 S/WESTOVER HILLS BLVD. Continue to follow VA-161 S. 2.08 mi
Estimated Time: 2h 12m   Total Distance: 117.56 mi  
Reverse direction data  

Home provided for battered women and children. E-mail for more information. Non-profit public benefit organization. Established 1990. Donation-based company.
« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 19:47:27 by Karen W. »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02/07/2006 19:59:10 »
That's what i call a caring and helpful person, well done Karen

Michael

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02/07/2006 20:04:59 »
Karen...is just the most amazing special person here...we all love you Karen..

...and Michael...I love you too...big hugs mate !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02/07/2006 20:19:18 »
You Guys are great friends and I know We all Love Andrea and know what a special person she is!

Andrea I hope you know how special you are and that we are pulling for you! Please be safe and don't be scared! It took alot for you to post that and ask for help on this subject and please use the advice now. After you are safe with your children you can think about things and get more help and figure out what else to do! Call!
« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 20:42:32 by Karen W. »

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02/07/2006 22:46:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn

Andrea - YES IT ABSOLUTELY DOES DAMAGE TO YOU.  IT DOES DAMAGE TO YOUR CHILDREN TOO!  Watching their mother be physically and emotionally abused changes them and hurts them. It robs them of their childhood and their innocence.  It also sets them up to become involved in physically abusive relationships also.  What would you say to your daughter if she were with someone who choked her or beat her?  You would tell her to get out.  Why would you want any less for you?  

I realize it's easy for us to sit back and say get out, but if he's physically hurting you, you must!  I know financially it will difficult, to say the least.  Go on government assistance if you have to.  Go online and research where to get help, but do something to get yourself and your children out of this situation.

Carolyn

Hello Andrea, I'm sorry it's taken something as tragic as this to get me off of my backside to post, but you have a lot of friends here who love and want to help you, please listen to them before any permanent damage is done.

Love you lots.      Helena   xxx
« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 22:56:04 by neilep »

Offline osuisbest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03/07/2006 01:55:51 »
ok, first of all thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement.   i appreciate them immensly.  no neil i am not joking.  i am being serious.  but things have actually gotten better then what they were.  so i will gladly take this over what used to be.  but i was serious about what could actually happen to the human brain when this happens.  

secondly,  none of this ever happens in front of the children.  so no worries there.  and he is an abolutely wonderful father.  he is really good with the children.  

but  i didnt ask the question for pity or anything like that.  i was really curious as to the science part of it.  i know yall may not understand but that is ok.  thanks again.

another_someone

« Reply #12 on: 03/07/2006 02:57:48 »
I do not regard placing the life of the mother at risk as being a good father.

I would also question whether the children are really as unaware of what is going on as you might think.  Children tend to know a lot more about what happens behind closed doors than they are capable to expressing in words.

The fact that this has not happened recently does not sound that encouraging to me.  Unless your husband has actively sought treatment for his problem, then the underlying problem remains, and I would ask what assurance you have that it will not happen again in the future.

Lets put it this way, if some time in the future, things get to the point that you don't wake up again, and he will end up in court on a murder charge, who will be looking after the children then?

No-one (or at least I speak for myself) is pitying you – we are frightened for you, and frightened for your children (even if he does not hurt them, he may still leave them orphans) – that goes beyond any notion of pity.

George

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03/07/2006 03:22:04 »
quote:

ok, first of all thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement.   i appreciate them immensly.  no neil i am not joking.  i am being serious.  but things have actually gotten better then what they were.  so i will gladly take this over what used to be.  but i was serious about what could actually happen to the human brain when this happens.  

secondly,  none of this ever happens in front of the children.  so no worries there.  and he is an abolutely wonderful father.  he is really good with the children.  

but  i didnt ask the question for pity or anything like that.  i was really curious as to the science part of it.  i know yall may not understand but that is ok.  thanks again.

THANK YOU Andrea for posting. We're all relieved to hear from you.

Everything George says is correct. I would also urge your husband...in fact both of you to seek counselling...please !!

George is right....we're not pitying you at all and we realise you are not asking for pity....but the concern for your furure well being and those of your children is paramount....including your husbands....

..please do not fall into what appears to be a false sense of security...... and please do not be frustrated at our concern...which is deep and sincere...

...as George says....next time......maybe the last time !!

« Last Edit: 03/07/2006 03:23:05 by neilep »

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03/07/2006 03:37:34 »
Andrea

Please dont tell him you spoke to anyone on this site or any site regarding his problem as he may take it badly .

Michael
« Last Edit: 03/07/2006 03:42:56 by ukmicky »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03/07/2006 09:00:05 »
Andrea , I am going to tell you something that happened to a very dear friend of mine many years ago. It still feels like yesterday. I went to High school with this young girl we were friends for along time and after High school My friend fell deeply in love with a man who treated her so wonderfully. He was everything she wanted. He treated her like a queen. He was a bit possesive of her and loved spending his time with just her! He did not want to socialize alot, but that was nothing to her as she enjoyed their time together. After about a year he asked her to marry him, she accepted with no worries, he was perfect! After they were married things were good for  awhile and then she noticed he was wanting to be around their friends less and less, as well as her family. She just felt he loved her so much that he had a hard time sharing her with others, so over a few months he began talking about moving to this little island off from the San Francisco coast line. He purchased this home on the island. The only one on it. They moved in and she thought it was beautiful , kind of exotic, having to boat in and boat out to reach the mainland. After a month or two she became bored , needing to see her family and friends, when she said she was going to go vsit he was angry, as he was at work. He told her that she could not go and he wanted her to stay home. She laughed it off and thought nothing of it. She went and visited her family for a couple of days and when she came back he acted as if nothing was wrong. When she arose to go take him across the island in the morning, he said, well let me take the boat as It needs some repair, I'll pick it up after work. Do you need anything. She told him no, its ok. Well she called her family and told them about the boat and how things were ok. This happened again the next day and for several more days, except that the excuses stopped. He just started telling her she could not go inland. She started making calls to family, and the relationship was getting kind of tense as she was feeling trapped! Then one morning when they got up  she  told him that her mom was going to come and pick her up that day. He was irate and grabbed the phone and called her mother and told her they had had a change in plans and had to be somewhere else so they would have to make it another day! Apparently after the call he ripped out the phone lines and began beating her with the phone. She fought back and  they found cord marks around her neck where he tried to strangle her and had failed.  She had been chased throughout the house being shot at with a gun multiple gun wounds in her lower body and then he moved upwards to her torso until she could not run. He shot her many times in the head as if all the others were not bad enough. The house was filled with blood. He then left her there, still alive as I was told. They found her body several days later when her family had not heard back from her. They had called the police and the police went and found her lifeless body crumpled down across the entry to the house door.

Andrea her family tried to help, we all did, but we were not fast enough to recognise the signs, he wanted to isolate her , keep her where he and his could see her comings and goings. He made transportation difficult so she could not come and go without his knowlede or consent. After reading her diaries, we found out he had not been the man we had all thought he was. He had tried hurting her and had beaten her on several occassions. even tried choking her. He was always sorry she wrote and she just knew that she could fix the problem by loving him more. She had stated that after they had married he became much different then before the wedding.

I miss my friend and I will never be able to see her again. She was young and beautiful as you are. She was fun and full of life, and he just took it with no regards to her or her family. No remorse! When the police found him he was cornered and he shot himself in the head! There was never a chance for her family to tell her they loved her so, and never achance for me to tell her how special she was and what a dear friend she was to me. We were all left with if only I had; or I should have; Life is precious Andrea  It is a gift. You are a precious gift as are your children.

This does not just affect you, It is affecting your children as well, weather they see it or not. Your family, your friends and defineitely yourself.  Andrea, It  is not ok!  You are not safe and neither are your children. When he is done with you where do you think he will turn? Your little girl or your other beautiful children! He will need some way to satisfy his need to over power or control whatever situation he is in!

I know you think things are a bit better then they were, but that won't last and you are in serious danger friend! We love you and we have grown  so fond of your friendship. All we want is for your safety to be assured!  Please Andrea don't allow it to go on!....much luv and concern, No pity at all! ......Karen

« Last Edit: 03/07/2006 18:31:58 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03/07/2006 13:10:23 »
Andrea, I do hope you digest tha horrifc event retold by Karen. She mentioned it to me once,  and to get the full gist of it like that is mind numbing.

Andrea...please don't end up as another statistic....you owe it to yourself...and you owe it to your children. For heavens sake girl !!...it may  appear that things are better now but I urge you that it's just an illusion.

We can tell you regret mentioning it in the first place ,but it's only a matter of time before he has his hands round your throat again !!...please don't be scared to contact Karen...email her...she will give you her phone number.....do it NOW !!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03/07/2006 19:30:23 »
You Know Andrea I told you what happened to my friend, It was several years ago, I could tell you three more just like it and even more horrific that have happened to people and families I know including three of my cousins! I really shutter to relive things like that!
  When Kelly my friend was killed, I remember sitting and trying to understsand why she stayed, and it frightened me that she felt the same as you. After talking to her family, they knew things were getting out of hand, but she thought it was getting better and she could fix it!
   I was hundreds of miles away and when the details of the whole thing hit me, I was horrified as I still am today! I know it was horrific , the scene there.  I know I only got a watered down version of the whole blood bath. I believe if I were to know all the details, I would not have been able to take it.  Honey, you are so beautiful and so are those children please don't let anyone take that light from your eyes.You are a caring loving Mother and as such you need to see the whole picture and get out, if not for yourself, then do it for them. My children  are much older then yours  and let me tell you, Your children know everything that happens to you weather they see it or not.
   You say it has been better lately! Well If you think that is true, tell me what kind of punishment your getting these days when he gets angry? Does that mean the choking is only happening on a weekly basis or that he is just punching you or what? How has it got better?
   You say we don't understand, but thats ok.  You seem to be a religious person and speaking from that I must say that God did not give you to him to be his punching bag or for him to take his anger out on you!
  I have believed in God for my entire life, because God kept me and I was given a vision at a very early age of his great love and compassion. Andrea as a very young child I died three times, My heart stopped and I quit breathing. Each time I  came to know the truth, that God does exist and he lives within us. I know that when I died I went to a place that was so bright you would think it would blind you, but it was peacefull and gentle and calming and warm. I know you  are going to think I am a nut, but I don't care, I heard Gods voice and was comforted by his words and held in his warm arms. He told me I needed to stay here with my family and that there was much for me to do. Now let me tell you at this point in time I was only a baby who had not been taught religion. I was visited three times after dying three times before they had been able to finally keep me alive. Andrea, I still have that warmth spread over me now and then and I remember his spirit and comforting and his words. You know how when you try to recall your first or earliest memories. Those are my first memories, They are not of a loving mother or fun event, they are a memory of my death and the comforting bright light and his voice telling me There were things for me to do here on earth!
   I don't tell alot of people about those details and feeling my body move out of itself and float above me in the room. Being able to see everthing that was happening around me and not feeling any pain as Gods arms were wrapped around me!   I don't pretend to know why I was given the knowledge of his absolute existance but I thank him daily for doing that for me! Many people go their whole life without believing, and that does not make them bad or anything else. I think that there are reasons each of us have certain knowledge or lack of it. I don't understand it all, but I do know in my own heart that God exists and that he wants us to help ourselves, he gives us the tools to do so, and I don't think for a moment he wants us to waste them or ignore what he has given us. We have a body capable of great learning and incredible knowledge. We have to help ourselves  and use the resources he gave us, before he can help us. Yes he is always there,even when we don't listen and fall on our faces. We have free will to believe or not, I don't believe God will punish us for disbelief, I think that it takes certain life events for some to really believe. Then it is just a matter of belief.  Some people never will, but thats because we are all different and learn differently. Andrea you know you are in danger , so are your children. Please make sure you protect and take care of what a special gift you have been given, weather you are religious or not! Children are a gift regaurdless of how you believe they were given to you! What ever you decide is up to you and you are ultimately reponsible for how you handle the knowledge you have and how you use it! I only hope you can make the changes in time! All My love is with you Friend......Karen

another_someone

« Reply #18 on: 03/07/2006 20:19:21 »
Andrea,

Ofcourse I don't personally know about your situation – what you are going through is totally alien to anything I have experienced in my life, but as Karen has highlighted, your situation is far from unique.  Many others have thought they were in the situation that you believe you are in.  They too thought they could cope with, and felt they had a duty of loyalty to cope with it (and maybe just could not face the feeling of failure if they walked out on their marriage).  And many of them were carried out in a coffin, long before they should have been.  The statistics are there, even if my own experience is (and I say very thankfully) not as personally linked as Karen's is to such matters.

Loyalty is one thing, taking risks with your children's future (even if there is no physical harm to them, the risk of them becoming orphans is too great, and the likelihood that they will know what is going on is not a probability, it is a certainty, if not yet, then very soon as they grow up).

I don't know what sex your children are – but I would ask you this, if you had a daughter, and she grew up, and found herself in the position you find yourself – what advice would you give her?

I know it is always more difficult to accept advice than to give it, so I ask, what advice would you give to someone else like you?

George

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02/07/2006 04:51:47 »
quote:

ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS

It may sound too obvious but you could die,or your brain could be starved of oxygen for to long causing brain damage.

If your being serious then you really need to consider getting the **** out of their because one day he will go to far and kill you.

No one should be allowed to get away with doing that to anyone, call the police

Michael

Offline Acoustic Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02/07/2006 06:20:45 »
Umm...wow, Like Mike said, I would suggest not worrying about exactly how it works and what the

long term damages it can cause are. Instead, I would find a way to avoid it at all costs.

I think I have a solution, call the police and leave him immediatly. Or else choke him till he

passes out, then leave.

"Science Rules"

Bill Nye The    
             Science Guy

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02/07/2006 15:28:26 »
quote:

BLOODY HELL ANDREA !!...you are joking aren't you ?

Of course it does you damage...that's why you pass out!!!!!!!!

For heavens sake....unless this is some sort of asphyxia related sexual fetish then what on earth are you doing still with this person ?

I realise it's not for us to tell you to get out of a relationship ...and we know it's sooo much easier said than done.....but, to choke you ???...please tell us it's a joke !!

------------------------

Friend chats to Andrea

"Hi Andrea how are you today"
"I'm fine...partner just choked me till I passed out again last night"
"Oh , that happened again did it ?"
"yes..but I love him"

Andrea...you seem so blasé about it !!...Get out of there NOW !!..PLEASE !!!!

This is SCARY  girl  and we all love you !!

« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 23:02:02 by neilep »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02/07/2006 17:06:33 »

Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02/07/2006 17:26:59 »
Oh my God, Andrea, Friend, Thats not love! Get out now! Where are you? Don't think, just put the kids in the car and drive as far away as you can. Get some help or call someone, but get out! Honey this is seriously wrong! Is there something I can do? I can help you find a shelter and get you and the kids into a safe house.  I will start looking! Tell me exactly where you are! I will find someone to help you friend!......Please Andrea you and the children need to go! Let us help if we can!.......We love you Andrea.....Karen
« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 17:31:10 by Karen W. »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02/07/2006 19:39:39 »
Andrea,
Caritas Family Shelter

Richmond, VA, 23219
(804) 340-0817
    [1-99] HERNDON RDRICHMOND, VA 23229        RICHMOND, VA 23219

Maneuvers:   Distance:
1. Start out going NORTHEAST on HERNDON RD toward RIVER RD.   0.06 mi
2. Turn RIGHT onto RIVER RD.   3.53 mi
3. RIVER RD becomes VA-147/CARY ST RD.   2.00 mi
4. Merge onto I-195 S toward I-95 S/I-64 E (Portions toll).   3.13 mi
5. Take the exit toward 7TH ST/US-60/9TH ST.   0.10 mi
6. Stay STRAIGHT to go onto E BYRD ST.   0.14 mi
7. Turn LEFT onto US-60 E/S 9TH ST. Continue to follow S 9TH ST.   0.39 mi
Estimated Time: 0h 17m   Total Distance: 9.34 mi

Emergency Shelter Inc
1201 Brd Rock Blvd
Richmond, VA, 23249-0001
(804) 230-4278

[1152-1162] HERNDON PKWY
HERNDON, VA 20170   1201 BROAD ROCK BLVD
RICHMOND, VA 23249-0001  

6. Go STRAIGHT. 0.01 mi
Estimated Time: 2h 12m   Total Distance: 117.56 mi  
Reverse direction data  

« Last Edit: 02/07/2006 19:47:27 by Karen W. »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 02/07/2006 19:39:39 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length