The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What universe looks like ,if farthest galaxies run close to speed of light?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Spacetectonics

• View Profile
Had a good time reading about many theories trying to explain universe, the most mutual entity I have found is their outline, they all generate a sphere in human mind; whether we take it finite or infinite.
Just wondering why all these theories ends up in a domain?... Then I have challenged my mind with this idea:

Some thinking of snowballing http://scienceline.org/2007/07/ask-romero-speedoflight/ speed for our universe and talking about “speed of light expansion at the farthest side of the universe (imagine a sphere again!), good imagination; now let’s expand this by visualization farthest galaxies in  the universe ( mass) emerging on the speed of the light. Then we put our observatory frame at the expanding edge, what we expect to see? nothing?!!What do you think?

And why every theory ends up in sphere?!To one boundary (in the mind)?

Sorry if this looks like a theory" question!

« Last Edit: 14/02/2013 07:11:14 by Spacetectonics »

Offline Spacetectonics

• View Profile
Holographic Theory
Big Bang
Bubble Universe
Bouncing Theory
Proto-universe

Holo,Big,Bubble,Bounce,jar full of marbles, are they  keys?!we have learned ,since childhood all these phrases!they all have shapes!

Any more theories,that you know?!

:)

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Holographic Theory
Big Bang
Bubble Universe
Bouncing Theory
Proto-universe

Holo,Big,Bubble,Bounce,jar full of marbles, are they  keys?!we have learned ,since childhood all these phrases!they all have shapes!

Any more theories,that you know?!

:)
Right off the top of my head, there remains one you've failed to list. That would be the Steady State version which most cosmologists have lost interest in because the observed expansion eliminates it from a possible candidate.

Offline evan_au

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Cosmologists seem to think that there should be galaxies beyond the furthermost galaxy we can see.

If there were an observatory at the furthermost galaxy we can see, it would be able to (just) see us, in one direction, and it would be able to see those other galaxies in the other direction.

So, this hypothetical observatory would not see "nothing".
However, they would have trouble telling us about what they do see, if they can only communicate at the speed of light (a speed limit we have not yet overcome).

Offline Spacetectonics

• View Profile

If there were an observatory at the furthermost galaxy we can see, it would be able to (just) see us, in one direction, and it would be able to see those other galaxies in the other direction.

Thanks even-au,

I forget about  length contraction for now!:)

Let’s draw a portrait of the “universe” and correspond it to the idea “furthermost galaxies expanding near to speed of the light”.
 Imagine we put two observers (at two points at the universe, one in our frame and one at the “furthermost galaxy”), will they both agree on the element above?!
Will they both states “that furthermost galaxies are expanding on a greater speed©?! If yes, will there be an answer to that query?! "why they both are thinking the same way?!"

Cheers,

Offline Spacetectonics

• View Profile

Thanks even-au,

I forget about  length contraction for now!:)

Let’s draw a portrait of the “universe” and correspond it to the idea “furthermost galaxies expanding near to speed of the light”.
 Imagine we put two observers (at two points at the universe, one in our frame and one at the “furthermost galaxy”), will they both agree on the element above?!
Will they both states “that furthermost galaxies are expanding on a greater speed©?! If yes, will there be an answer to that query?! "why they both are thinking the same way?!"

Cheers,

When far galaxies expanding like above and if we take dark matter as the property of the gravity then we may see the thing a bit different ? what do you think?!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums