The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: I want a gold star!  (Read 70470 times)

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
Re: I want a gold star!
« Reply #225 on: 31/07/2006 23:18:50 »

Ooh Loretta's bad as well as kinky.LOL

Love you lots.

Helena  xxx

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #226 on: 31/07/2006 23:48:44 »
See neil...this is what I am talking about...I must be the most conservative person on here...look at that wild woman...she is out of control...what happened to her???  LOL  You must never go out of town again!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 01/08/2006 03:34:47 »
Boy Oh Boy, what am I going to do with you two girls, Have any hobbies: Here goes, Girls You need to go to the poetry section and write some lovely prose or poems that we might enjoy!LOL Maybe you can enlighten me about the day you have had as I have missed a bunch it seems and you are on your last legs for the evening. I am just starting! I have to get caught up first and do my posts and look around abit! see you two soon friends! Did you two weigh in yet!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 01/08/2006 05:19:24 »
Uh, Huh...Queen Mod is trying to "act innocent" with all the mush there should be a hush going on around here...but no!  LOL  I may write a little something special for the two you!  hehe  Uh, let me see...today, watched my son amuse my mother...he put on a show!  He is really coming out of his little shell...as he is usually the serious one in the family! Helped girlfriend secure a truck as she just bought a house, put Magnum to work since he had so much energy...hid out for a moment or two in bedroom, chatted on the computer with some friends, tried to contact my Germany contact person...no success!  Spoke w/daughter in law...she is a sweetie over the phone I think Michael made an excellent choice...bless her heart she was at the hospital all night with her grandma...melted my heart...
weigh in...uh, what excuse can I give you???  My dog ate the scale? uh, a burgular broke in and Michael was not my neighbor so he took my 24kt gold tipped scales and ran...my cat hid it? I think it ran away as it knew I was approaching it...the darn m&m's I have ate for 2 nights straight paid it off so I would continue to eat them....uh, not sure which scenario it was...but it had to be one of them!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 01/08/2006 08:43:59 »
OOOH LO< I LOVE M&M"S they are my favorite candy since I a was a kid, I always eat the green ones first! Isn't that weird, then the red, then the yellow, then the orange and then The Brown. I don't like the new ones.I AM SO WEIRD!

Karen

another_someone

« Reply #230 on: 01/08/2006 09:43:44 »
Sorry, much prefer the box of Fazer liquor choccies my mother bought at Budapest airport and brought back for me.

George

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 01/08/2006 09:49:38 »

As a child, I would lick the red smarties to paint my lips.

Love you lots.

Helena   xxxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 01/08/2006 10:20:11 »
never heard of thr Fazer Liquor choccies, they sound like some pretty fancy candy!

Karen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 01/08/2006 10:21:35 »
Um I used to like smarties too! hardly ever eat candy these days, once in a while I have a craving, maybe once a month maybe.

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 01/08/2006 14:29:59 »
That is okay I have your cravings and no reason for it...a)not pregnant and can't be hallejuah! 2)no TOM 3)I love chocolate...George I would agree with you with Trindsor liquor chocs they are the best too...never tried the fazer ones...I bet they are delish!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 01/08/2006 16:26:04 »
OOOH candy is such the devils temptation!

Karen

another_someone

« Reply #236 on: 01/08/2006 16:57:27 »
Fazer is a Finish brand not that easy to get hold of here, and mostly we get it at duty free shops, but even then, mostly on the DFDS shipping line (alas, since they have shut down their North German run from Harwich, we not not be using them so often), or at Budapest airport.

Don't know who Trindsor are.

Another nice Scandinavian brand (Danish this time) is Anton Berg they do both liquor and marzipan, and including both in one.

I told you it was expensive to feed me :D

George

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 01/08/2006 17:03:04 »
SOMETIMES ME TOO GEORGE!LOL  IT SOUNDS RELLY GOOD!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 02/08/2006 04:30:26 »
mmmmm, sounds good George...but it sounds like it would be worth to try them...lol  I still have a rope...hehe

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 02/08/2006 06:28:38 »
DON't do it LOretta!!! That thing will kill ya. Did I ever tell you the story of my lil sister and the noose?

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 02/08/2006 07:16:51 »
mmmm, dutyfree shopping...miss that...lol  oops, sorry I was lost for a minute.  what did you say Karen?  oh, there you are...boy I am sleepy...No, what happened with sis and noose?  What did you do?

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 02/08/2006 08:12:40 »
We had just watched Hang em high with Clint Eastwood, My big Bro, learned to make a hangmans noose with his buddy, he took off but left it attached to our well house. You know like a great big wishing well, with a rope bucket. He left the rope hanging from the beam I was about 4 I think. My little sis and me had been watching him and his friend, 10 year olds playing cowboys. They went to his buddies house to play and we continued to play alone with our baby dolls. My sis climbed up on well house and was dancing aroud and singing. We decide to play cowboys too, so we threw our babies down and decided she would be the hanged man and i would be the bad guy! So I watched from the ground as if we were characters in that dang movie. Long story short, she bailed off the well house with noose around her neck. she hung there for what seemed like forever, then I remember getting scared because she wouldn't get down and answer me. She was turng several different colors, I thought it was cool color changes, then something made me scared, I don,t know what, but I ran inside to the kitchen where my mom was cooking pork chops for dinner and told her that My Sister was changing all kinds of pretty colors, and wouldn't get down off there! she looked at me blanky and moved over to the side of kitchen stove and peered out window. She had the hot pan of pork chops in her hand, and the next thing I knew, she screamed , dropped the pan on the floor and ran out the door. My sister was still moving around struggling but she was almost black in her face. My mom was crying and had her little body up in the air and trying to get the rope off her neck. It was so tight! she got it off and my sister was tring to gasp for air, but started regurgitating and my mom began trying to clear her mouth and kept slapping her on the back as she was inhaling her own vmit. she was able to get some air and my mom was out there screaming for the neighbor to get and ambulance. I was really scared then. I thought my sis was just playing, I did not know what dying was and that at that point could not make a jugement on reality or not when it come to what I seen in the movies. We got her to hospital as she had aspirated some of contents of stomach into lung. She was there a couple days and they had to clear her lungs, I don't know exactly what the procedure was as I was 4.  I do know, my brother never owned another rope for our entire childhood.  We were then really versed on the television and reality! It scares me now, but as a child, you don't know! Pretty scarey, I now think of it through a parents eyes and am sure I would have lost it. My mother saved her life and mine, on more then one occasion. I truely miss her!

Karen

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 02/08/2006 14:16:30 »

Belgian chocs. are my favourite, especially the plain ones.

Love you lots.

Helena   xxx

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 02/08/2006 14:50:28 »
Wow!  What a story Karen!  Pretty scary..  I am glad she ended up alright...as kids we did some pretty crazy things too...

Helena, high five to you!  Love Belgian Truffles...oh my...it is better than being in love...mmmm

"Lo" Loretta

another_someone

« Reply #244 on: 02/08/2006 15:42:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by Grecian
Belgian chocs. are my favourite, especially the plain ones.

Do you mean plain as in dark, or plain as in unfilled (and dark).

I too prefer dark chocolate (although anything above 70% cocoa can get a bit too much but I suppose one does not eat too much with chocolate of such potency, so a little of it goes a lot further).

I used to love Belgian chocolate, but I think it has become too popular, and it has now got to the point where it is selling on its reputation rather than its quality and a lot of less good stuff is IMV being labelled as Belgian so the value of the name is becoming adulterated.  That, alas, is the price of success.

There are ofcourse a lot of different Belgian brands (apart from all of the stuff that is sold rather vaguely as being Belgian, and some of the Belgian brands, such as Callebaut, which are not considered so much at the luxury end of the Belgian chocolate market, are rarely found in this country; while luxury Belgian chocolates such as Neuhouse and Godiva are probably more available is selected shops in the UK).

George

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 02/08/2006 15:50:41 »
Yep we were good kids, but needed lots of good guidance!

Karen

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 02/08/2006 18:04:59 »
George, of course I ment the dark choc. filled or unfilled. I tend to agree with what you say but I still find the Belgian brands are more reliably good than those of anywhere else.

Love you lots.

Helena  xxx

« Last Edit: 02/08/2006 18:05:34 by Grecian »

another_someone

« Reply #247 on: 02/08/2006 20:02:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Grecian
George, of course I ment the dark choc. filled or unfilled. I tend to agree with what you say but I still find the Belgian brands are more reliably good than those of anywhere else.

What about some of the better English brands, such as Green and Black (alas, I know they have now been taken over by Cadbury's and in my view Thorntons has long since lost their way).

Have you even tried some of the Scandinavian brands, such as Anton Berg (which is the most available in this country)?  There is a whole world of chocolate to be tasted out there.

The Swiss do good milk chocolate (they invented it), but are not so strong on the dark chocolate.  The Belgians probably have learnt to make chocolate because the Dutch have such a good reputation for the raw materials (not as keen on Dutch chocolate, but they do have good cocoa but the Dutch Verkade brand I quite like, but not so keen on Droste or many of the others).

http://www.chocolat.com/ has an assortment of quite a few brands (including one that used to be one of my favourites, but whether it is my taste that has changed, or the chocolate that has changed it has certainly changed packaging and size, it does not seem as good as it once was the Hachez lemon creams) but alas, it is a US site.

George

Offline Grecian

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 02/08/2006 20:18:51 »

George - I've only tried a few of exotic brands you mention, I will have to look out for the others.

Love you lots

Helena   xxxx

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 02/08/2006 22:28:06 »
Karen, you can find some of the imported chocolate if you  have a Central Market...that is where I get my Argentina Grape Jelly..mmmm, I know what you mean George, people will put a lable on the chocolate and say it is Belgian when it isn't..I watch the labels closely..I used to get some great chocolate in Canada imported from somewhere...can't remember where it came from will call my girlfriend and ask her.

"Lo" Loretta

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #249 on: 02/08/2006 22:28:06 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums