The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Dark Energy push or pull?  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Mad Mark

• View Profile
Dark Energy push or pull?
« on: 04/07/2006 00:00:40 »
I have read many references to this topic and find it odd that they all refer to dark energy as something that gives rise to a second inflationary period.
I believe that from the moment the universe started inflation became a constant that has never stopped.
At grapefruit size the universe started its creation of matter(momentaraly fighting anti -matter)and at this time gravity took a small hold on the new atomic particals slowing it down way below the rate of inflation. Space however carried on expanding at the speed of light.
All that we observe now is that apart from local anomilies from galaxy clusters are universe is being carried along with the tide of space gradually gaining speed from where we lost it back in that grapefrit.
What drives the inflation I ask myself.
I know that nothing created in this universe would exist outside as where we go, our space goes with us. So is that the same for the humble single Photon of light?
If so then light is the dark energy for no matter where you go in our universe ,to the deepest regions a photon is passing there.
Where light goes space must surley follow.
Now what happens to the constant when all the light in the universe is exausted?
When all the light that has ever been is fragmented in the far of reaches of the universe to be, does the universe collapse when all the lights are out?

Tomorrow lies outside our universe without it there would be no tomorrow.

Offline DocN

• View Profile
Re: Dark Energy push or pull?
« Reply #1 on: 17/07/2006 21:53:28 »
Dark energy (first considered by Einstein in 1917) is considered an outward force--antigravity.  A push or a pull could be the same thing?
Doc

Offline xpowderx

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18/07/2006 10:03:10 »
Hi Mark,
In the vast Universe light could never be extinguished. At least from my point of view. If we take a look at the universe from a QFoQR view,the universe is one giant energy mass(inf) which is constantly moving. As long as there is a photon, light will always exist. We can get into the long debate of slowing a photon down. But, in either case the universe is made of constantly moving photons. Think of it like a bowl of water except the bowl is never filled and there are fish inside the bowl. In the universe there really isnt a + and -, but only a +.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 18/07/2006 10:03:10 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums