The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Were the Lunar Rovers faked?  (Read 56265 times)

Offline dlorde

• Neilep Level Member
  • ex human-biologist & software developer
    • View Profile
Re: Were the Lunar Rovers faked?
« Reply #175 on: 21/06/2014 11:28:37 »
I guess if one's prepared to believe more than half the planet is involved in a conspiracy (for Apollo, the Manned Space Flight Network and Deep Space Network tracking and relay stations alone involved USA, Canada, Mexico, Kiribati, Australia, Tanzania, England, Nigeria, Spain, and more, also ships in the Indian and Pacific oceans), you're likely to see hoaxes and conspiracies everywhere... I'm waiting for Concorde, the supersonic passenger airliner, that first flew the year Armstrong set foot on the moon, and was in commercial service for nearly 30 years, to be called a hoax...

Offline Weber

• First timers
  • Room 237 Admin Block. Pinewood Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 21/06/2014 13:24:49 »
As I understand, the distant backgrounds where projected onto a huge dome shaped screen, with the astronauts on a stage set in front of it, and then they used a fisheye camera lens to get the projected fake distant backgrounds right, that's why the shadows in the foreground (on the stage set) are so distorted, like this
newbielink:http://i58.tinypic.com/27xp6dt.jpg [nonactive]
shadows appearing to converge are normal, not evidence of fakery, see ...
newbielink:http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moon_landing_hoax#Shadows [nonactive]
Yes, I know that

The whole thing started with Stanley Kubrick and Arthur Clarke seeing the film "To the Moon and Beyond" on a big dome screen at the New York World’s Fair in 1964. The film was made by a company in Los Angeles called Graphic Films, who were doing films about the space program – the American space program, particularly the Apollo program.

After that in 1965, they all came together with the Senior Administrator for the Apollo project George Mueller, in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) British Studios in Borehamwood, England, to make two films, APOLLO 11 and A SPACE ODYSSEY, at the time called "Moonshot" and "Journey Beyond the Stars".

« Last Edit: 21/06/2014 21:22:30 by Weber »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 22/06/2014 02:36:52 »
Quote from: Weber
As I understand, the distant backgrounds where projected onto a huge dome shaped screen ...
... make two films, APOLLO 11 and A SPACE ODYSSEY, at the time called "Moonshot" and "Journey Beyond the Stars".

I think you mean cinerama films which were viewed by the audience, projected onto the inside of a dome. 
Domes were not required for the creation of such films , just for their viewing.
« Last Edit: 22/06/2014 02:40:18 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #177 on: 22/06/2014 02:36:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums