The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Were the Lunar Rovers faked?  (Read 56294 times)

Offline starbuck1963

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Were the Lunar Rovers faked?
« Reply #25 on: 02/10/2013 02:41:24 »
It is obvious that you are not accepting the facts simply because you don't want to accept the facts.  Ignorance and stubbornness is a deadly combination.
I'm not sure what would motivate somebody to hold on to such silliness but that is your right.

Here's the reality:
We went to the Moon. PERIOD!
We sent rovers to the Moon. PERIOD!
The Russians sent a rover to the Moon.  PERIOD!
We sent and continue to send rovers to Mars. PERIOD!

While the theoretical possibility that the Moon landing were faked is not 100% impossible...but ask yourself three questions,
1.  Why would they fake it not once but 6 (almost 7) times?  If you get away with it once you don't keep going back to the well.  Especially if you have nothing to gain from it financially or politically.
2. Since there were over 400,000 people DIRECTLY involved in the Apollo program, do you actually believe that such a massive secret could be kept?!?!?!?!?!!?
3.  Surely the Soviets knew...do you also believe that they wouldn't have outed us if we faked even the smallest part of the Apollo program?

I'll also add that subsequent Lunar probes had actually photographed Apollo landing sites complete with footprints AND rover tire tracks.

Finally, having some knowledge of electric vehicles, I happen to know of a 3200 pound electric Corvette that can do over 100 mph with a 40hp motor!!!
Electric motors are instant torque, instant power and ultra efficient.
So yes, four 1/4 hp motors are more than sufficient to drive a fully loaded rover on the Lunar surface.

Your arguments are all easily and completely refutable.
And don't delude yourself into thinking you are simply being determined or resolute in your assertions; constantly arguing in the face of overwhelming facts is not just stubbornness, it is borderline mental illness.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02/10/2013 15:53:05 »
How does a 1 hp, 2000 lb horse manage to swim? How does a 1/10 hp, 200 lb man walk on ice? How can I ski uphill? You can't ride a motorbike and sidecar with the sidecar empty.

All everyday life is a fake. Or just maybe there's less conflicting traffic on the moon.

constantly arguing in the face of overwhelming facts is not just stubbornness, it is borderline mental illness.

unless you are a priest or a politician, in which case it is called a profession.

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11/11/2013 22:24:27 »
Here's the reality:
We went to the Moon. PERIOD!
We sent rovers to the Moon. PERIOD!
The Russians sent a rover to the Moon.  PERIOD!
We sent and continue to send rovers to Mars. PERIOD!

Your arguments are all easily and completely refutable.
And don't delude yourself into thinking you are simply being determined or resolute in your assertions; constantly arguing in the face of overwhelming facts is not just stubbornness, it is borderline mental illness.

The vast majority of the Apollo moon footage was faked. It was faked with the help of Stanley Kubrick and the cinema techniques learned in "2001: A Space Odyssey'.

Researcher Jay Weidner has proven the case the footage is fake.

Start here:

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12/11/2013 00:01:39 »
The vast majority of the Apollo moon footage was faked.

Why only fake "the vast majority" ? , either fake it all and don't bother going , or it's real ...
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=27912.msg293914#msg293914

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 00:19:36 by RD »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12/11/2013 00:21:03 »
The vast majority of the Apollo moon footage was faked.

Why only fake "the vast majority" ? , either fake it all and don't bother going , or it's real ...
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=27912.msg293914#msg293914

The images that didnt need to be faked are the near earth images or inside capsule images.

All the moon landscape photos were staged. The most interesting fakes are from Apollo 15, 16, and 17.

Lets start with Apollo 17

Show me any Apollo 17 moon landscape photo from http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html that contains black sky and i'll show you how it was faked. Photo can be of anything just needs to contain black sky background to show the fake stage set.

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12/11/2013 00:28:35 »
I'm not saying NASA didnt go to the moon. I am saying the photos NASA released were faked.

How Stanley Kubrick Faked the Moon Footage
http://www.realitysandwich.com/kubrick_apollo
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 00:30:34 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12/11/2013 00:52:29 »
I'm not saying NASA didnt go to the moon. I am saying the photos NASA released were faked.

It's totally nonsensical to only fake some photos/ films. Logically they could avoid the expense and the risk of failure by faking it all , or do it for real, (it's the latter as shown by the before after photos you can find here ).

You're wasting your time regurgitating the "Kubrick" conspiracy-theory baloney in this forum ...

Quote from: wikipedia.org/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories
The Flat Earth Society was one of the first organizations to accuse NASA of faking the landings, arguing that they were staged by Hollywood with Walt Disney sponsorship, based on a script by Arthur C. Clarke and directed by Stanley Kubrick ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#Origins
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 09:21:15 by RD »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12/11/2013 02:09:13 »

It's totally nonsensical to only fake some photos/ films.

All the moon landscape photos were faked, not some. I dont know why they were faked however.

Show me any Apollo 15, 16, 17 photo supposedly taken on the moon with black sky and I'll show you the Kubrick set/background division line. Its in every NASA photo that shows sky.

See for yourself:
http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

Every Apollo moon photo (that shows black sky) has two sectors. 1. The front stage and 2. the scotchlite background, just like 2001:Space Odyssey...

« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 02:56:28 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12/11/2013 03:05:19 »
I've looked at hundreds of official NASA Apollo photos. They all have the fake Kubrick front screen 2 part signature.

Heres more fake rover pics...

Researcher Jay Weidner here adjusts the GAMMA of the photo exposing Kubricks large stitched scotchlite screen...

« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 03:29:53 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12/11/2013 03:38:24 »
Here's another large archive of faked Kubrick Apollo photos...

See for yourself....
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/catalog/70mm/magazine/?147

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12/11/2013 04:14:04 »
Another fake rover pic and anomalous background pic.

40 years ago they never envisioned an internet that would uncover careless mistakes such as re-using the same background slide...

« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 06:00:43 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12/11/2013 04:35:37 »
Another fake rover pic.

40 years ago they never envisioned an internet that would uncover careless mistakes such as re-using the same background slide...

You're shooting yourself in the foot : the hill in the background is lit differently between the two frames and the viewpoint is slightly different too, i.e. not "the same background slide".  Reducing the interval between the frames helps make it even more obvious they are not "the same" , if they were "the same" there wouldn't be any movement [or local changes in brightness due to the changing position of the sun ] ...

Like I said you are wasting your time here (and generally) by repeating this guff .

[ BTW flooding this forum with many consecutive posts could get you banned]
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 05:18:50 by RD »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12/11/2013 05:27:00 »

« Last Edit: 14/11/2013 19:32:51 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12/11/2013 06:23:55 »
You're shooting yourself in the foot : the hill in the background is lit differently between the two frames and the viewpoint is slightly different too, i.e. not "the same background slide".

Patallax issues aside, are you beginning to at least see the horizonal line Kubrick used in EVERY landscape photo to hide the background screen.

I dont expect Apollo apologists to admit seeing something so obviously fake, but there is always hope for growth. See if you can pick out in this photo where the set ends and rhe background screen begins...

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12/11/2013 06:48:15 »
Patallax issues aside ...

Parallax shows the images were taken from two different viewpoints , the changes in lighting shows they were taken at different times. Your allegation that it is the same faked backdrop is evidently false.

And yet you waste your time posting yet more of this tripe ...

Case of the magically appearing rovers.

Looking for LRVs ? , here's a link to a picture of one on the moon taken in 2011 ...

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/584392main_M168000580LR_ap17_area.jpg
 [ the "parked" LRV is very close to the right edge of the image]

On that image you can also see the tyre tracks it has made when it was tootling about on the moon's surface.

End of story.
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 06:50:05 by RD »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12/11/2013 07:26:24 »
Looking for LRVs ? , here's a link to a picture of one on the moon taken in 2011 ...

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/584392main_M168000580LR_ap17_area.jpg
 [ the "parked" LRV is very close to the right edge of the image]

On that image you can also see the tyre tracks it has made on the moon's surface.

End of story.

The ALL or NONE argument (a common fallacy used by Apollo apologists) does not disprove the BOTH argument to which evidence points is correct. Getting to the moon and faking footage is not incompatible.

Fake footage also does not disprove a landing. It just shows there were problems and faking was the chosen solution.

Kubrick was NASA's chosen solution for whatever reason. Proof is in the photos, video and science.

If ektachrome film cannot survive space radiation/magnetic/lunar surface heat extremes and SSTV cannot be transmitted 237,000 miles (the length of 30 earths) by a lunar module running on obsolete vacuum tubes and weak Exide batteries, why not fake it, eh?

Havent even mentioned yet Kubricks use of miniatures and models...

« Last Edit: 13/11/2013 14:59:53 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12/11/2013 08:41:41 »
If ektachrome film cannot survive space radiation/magnetic/lunar surface heat extremes ...

One of your sources of images Elvisinpersonator seems to think photographic film can survive a trip to the moon, however it looks like debris , (such as flakes of anti-reflection paint, or couple of chips of film), inside of the camera have created similar triangular artifacts on consecutive frames of film.   

Also Elvisinpersonator's "transparent astronaut" is due to another normal artifact in electronic (not film) cameras called "afterimage" .

[ If you are in contact with Elvisinpersonator please tell him his sanity has "left the building" ].
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 09:02:01 by RD »

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12/11/2013 09:10:36 »

If ektachrome film cannot survive space radiation/magnetic/lunar surface heat extremes and SSTV cannot be transmitted 270,000 miles (the length of 30 earths) by a lunar module running on obsolete vacuum tubes and weak Exide batteries, why not fake it, eh?

Ektachrome is fairly insensitive to ionising radiation - no more so than humans, who also magically survived the other supposed physical hazards. We still use vacuum tubes for some UHF communication - they aren't obsolete and certainly weren't in the 1960's, though there was a deliberate policy not to put any new technology into space. As for the distance involved, there were already geosynchronous communication satellites and deep space probes in operation. You can get away with very low power in line-of-sight transmission, especially if you have receiver aerials the size of Jodrell Bank and Parkes.

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12/11/2013 18:13:11 »
I'd like someone to attempt to explain something so far I've addressed several times. Its been ignored and is becoming the elephant in the room.

Why does every Apollo photo [supposedly taken on the moon which shows a background] always contain a foreground hiding that background. I'm not talking about some Apollo moon photos with background. I'm talking about every one. 

Please address this strange and bizarre coincidence which in my opinion is statistically impossible. Also address why every photo is set up as a front screen projection as Stanley Kubrick would do. To be precise, lets begin this issue by keeping focus first on Apollo 17 photos which can be found here:  http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

For example, I chose this below photo completely at random, it was the first background pic selected by my mouse from Apollo 17 archive....I've then added labels, and call this phenomena the "Kubrick Horizontal"...

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12/11/2013 18:28:40 »
Going back into the archive I clicked on a second pic looking for the next Kubrick Horizontal and happened to find this GEM completely at random. It is image AS17-134-20400

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a17/AS17-134-20400HR.jpg

Anyone who is sentient, rational, with a keen sense of discernment, can see it is a scaled miniature. Also note the Kubrick Horizontal is there with the miniatures.
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 18:33:07 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 12/11/2013 18:52:42 »
... call this phenomena the "Kubrick Horizontal"...

No let's call it what it is : normal perspective when you are on an undulating terrain. On such a terrain the only landscape photos where the horizon does not appear like this are where the photographer is in an elevated position, e.g. photographs taken from the top of a mountain, or looking over the edge of a high cliff, or from air/space craft high above the surface.
 I doubt you have seen "every Apollo photo" : maybe there are some taken on the surface from an elevated viewpoint , but it must be a bit awkward to climb a mountain in a spacesuit.
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 19:29:42 by RD »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12/11/2013 19:25:12 »
RD (or anyone), can you show me an Apollo 17 photo (with a background) that does not contain a Kubrick Horizontal terrain separation?

Also, was anyone able to discern the miniature rover just posted?

Here it is again...

Scaled Miniature Rover (with bizarre haze to shroud/cloak the miniature)
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a17/AS17-134-20400HR.jpg

« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 20:18:19 by KubricksOdyssey »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 12/11/2013 19:33:56 »
RD (or anyone), show me an Apollo 17 photo (with a background) that does not contain a Kubrick Horizontal terrain separation.

Only if you ask nicely and promise never to post in this forum again.

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12/11/2013 19:54:00 »
RD (or anyone), show me an Apollo 17 photo (with a background) that does not contain a Kubrick Horizontal terrain separation.

Only if you ask nicely and promise never to post in this forum again.

RD, why are you stalling. Surely it must be a simple task to find just ONE photo without the terrain line? Just ONE? How hard can it be to find just ONE?

Or would you rather choose to be like these guys...lol...

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12/11/2013 20:28:33 »
... Surely it must be a simple task to find just ONE photo without the terrain line? Just ONE? How hard can it be to find just ONE?

It was quite easy : it only took a few minutes to find three ,
 ( presumably faked by some other method by some other Hollywood type , Walt Disney maybe ?)

Like I said if you ask me politely  , ( that means saying "please" ), and promise never to post in this forum again,
I will post the pictures here and give links to the NASA webpages where I found them.

PS
the " Scotchlite" screen technique you've mentioned here can only be placed a couple of meters behind the actor , (see inverse square law for the reason why)   ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_projection_effect

So if you're trying to use Scotchlite-screen to explain things [images] which are tens of meters in front of the camera it's simply not physically possible.

[ To fake distant backgrounds Hollywood used to use something called "matte painting" ]

« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 22:05:16 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 12/11/2013 20:28:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums