The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What is space made of?  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Pmb

• Neilep Level Member
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
    • New England Science Constortium
Re: What is space made of?
« Reply #25 on: 27/03/2013 21:16:40 »
Quote from: Pincho
You must know that they are defined. Anyway, Newton made a lot of mistakes. I don't like his attitude that completely destroyed science.
If that is your belief then please post the definition of space since you seem to be alone in your belief.

I don't say these things on whim but have given them much thought over the last 30 years and have a book or two on subject.

I eagerly await your response. :)

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27/03/2013 23:31:44 »

Ok science says that.. then science says that. Who am I to argue. I don't say that.
Pincho...........................But that's the problem, your points are all argumentative. If you ever expect people to consider your ideas, you'll need to express them in ways that are not seen as condescending. To date, you've shown little respect for the views of others, how can you expect others to offer you any consideration while offering them so little yourself?

Offline Pmb

• Neilep Level Member
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28/03/2013 00:09:42 »

Ok science says that.. then science says that. Who am I to argue. I don't say that.
Pincho...........................But that's the problem, your points are all argumentative. If you ever expect people to consider your ideas, you'll need to express them in ways that are not seen as condescending. To date, you've shown little respect for the views of others, how can you expect others to offer you any consideration while offering them so little yourself?
Especially when it comes to proper nettiquette. One doesn't attempt to correct grammar or spelling. When I said to define a concept I didn't mean a word. To me space and time are concepts, not just words. That's why I chose that phrasing.

And one doesn't go around claiming thsat Newton made a lot of mistakes without being clear on what they mean by that. Newton was a true genius. We all make mistakes but to say that about his ideas is misleading. For what was known at the time Newton was spot on.
« Last Edit: 28/03/2013 00:12:34 by Pmb »

Offline Pincho

• Genius is an insult to my intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28/03/2013 00:24:53 »
Quote from: Pincho
You must know that they are defined. Anyway, Newton made a lot of mistakes. I don't like his attitude that completely destroyed science.
If that is your belief then please post the definition of space since you seem to be alone in your belief.

I don't say these things on whim but have given them much thought over the last 30 years and have a book or two on subject.

I eagerly await your response. :)

My reply does not help this thread. Only what you are used to reading in books helps. Most of science is about the psychology of the people reading the science.
« Last Edit: 28/03/2013 00:46:22 by Pincho »

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28/03/2013 12:38:36 »
My reply does not help this thread. Only what you are used to reading in books helps. Most of science is about the psychology of the people reading the science.
To read a book of physics is not enough to understand it. It have to be *studied*. After this process, one realizes why things have to be that way and not in another.
Some people don't get this difference because it has only read, and not studied, those books...
« Last Edit: 28/03/2013 12:41:38 by lightarrow »

Offline Pincho

• Genius is an insult to my intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28/03/2013 13:03:06 »
To read a book of physics is not enough to understand it. It have to be *studied*. After this process, one realizes why things have to be that way and not in another.
Some people don't get this difference because it has only read, and not studied, those books...

People never will get my theory until I program it, so I don't bother using it as an example.

Here's the example...

1 + -1 = 0

Nobody gets what that means (it's the answer to the thread), so read a book instead.
« Last Edit: 28/03/2013 13:05:54 by Pincho »

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28/03/2013 14:24:50 »
People never will get my theory until I program it, so I don't bother using it as an example.

Pincho, we've asked you before to stop plugging your theory outside of New Theories.  Future posts doing so will be deleted.

Post by Pmb click to view.

Offline Pmb

• Neilep Level Member
  • Physicist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29/03/2013 15:49:44 »
Shrunk

Here's the example...

1 + -1 = 0

Nobody gets what that means (it's the answer to the thread), so read a book instead.
Since when does nobody understand that exrpession. All mathematicians were trained on it. "-1" is the additive inverse of "1". It's the number you have to add to 1 to get the additive identity "0."

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #32 on: 29/03/2013 15:49:44 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums