The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Robe of the Prophets  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Expectant_Philosopher

• View Profile
Robe of the Prophets
« on: 24/03/2013 17:48:13 »
Was a single robe passed down through the ages from Gabriel along relational inheritance by Abraham, Elijah, Elisha, Moses, Aaron, Jesus, St Paul, Mohammad?  Is the wearer granted messages from God? How long did each wear the cloak before God spoke to them?  Did each immerse the robe in water to clean the cloak before wearing it the first time?  Is the mantel in Kandahar the true robe?

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Robe of the Prophets
« Reply #1 on: 24/03/2013 20:30:29 »
By the end of the Middle Ages so many churches claimed to possess a piece of the True Cross, that John Calvin is famously said to have remarked that there was enough wood in them to fill a ship:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Cross

And Jesus must have had a foreskin as long as a garden hose ...
a number of churches in Europe have claimed to possess Jesus' foreskin, sometimes at the same time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_prepuce
« Last Edit: 24/03/2013 20:32:02 by RD »

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25/03/2013 21:48:26 »
Was a single robe passed down through the ages from Gabriel along relational inheritance by Abraham, Elijah, Elisha, Moses, Aaron, Jesus, St Paul, Mohammad?  Is the wearer granted messages from God? How long did each wear the cloak before God spoke to them?  Did each immerse the robe in water to clean the cloak before wearing it the first time?  Is the mantel in Kandahar the true robe?

Perhaps the interim period from 100-550 CE, trace might be Thecla, Mani, Vakataka thence into Arabia.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26/03/2013 20:45:59 »
From the Corpus Hermeticum, a guide:  Be a good person, wash the robe, wear the robe next to your body, meditate.

Upon a time while my mind was meditating on the things that are, my thought was raised to a great height, while the physical senses of my body were held back—just as are the senses of men who are heavy with sleep after a large meal, or from fatigue of body.

I thought I heard a Being more than vast—in size beyond all bounds—called out my name and say: "What wouldst thou hear and see, and what hast thou in mind to learn and know?"

And I said: "Who art thou?"

He answered: "I am Shepherd of Men, Mind of all-Masterhood; I know what thou desirest and I am with thee everywhere."

And I replied: "I long to learn the things that are, and comprehend their nature, and know God. This (I said) is what I desire to hear."

He answered me: "Hold in thy mind all thou wouldst know, and I will teach thee."

And with these words His aspect changed; and straightway, in the twinkling of an eye, all things were opened to me. And I saw a limitless Vision: all things turned into Light—sweet, joyous Light. And I became transported as I gazed....

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27/03/2013 21:33:39 »
Hamid Karzai has first access to the Prophets' Robe stored in Kandahar guarded by Akhunzada family. There are forces at work to erode the sanctuary of this mantel. To think of the wasted years this garment has been in storage.  Of calm mind hold one question in your mind and all will be revealed.  What else would be revealed to the wearer - advances in medicine; to increase longevity to perfect the body, better medicines, engineering; construction, advanced electronics, material science, planetary defense, FTL Travel, interstellar wormholes, invisibility, no problem too small or too great.  Greedy forces seem posed to abscond with it out of Afghanistan.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30/03/2013 02:58:00 »
Can what we learn in CORPUS HERMETICUM IV. THE CUP be a reference to the Black Stone of the Kaaba.  Could the Black Stone actually be a hollow capsule in which was placed the Robe of the Prophets?  There is evidence that proof of the true Black Stone can be evidenced by its resistance to heat and the fact that it floats in water. 

CORPUS HERMETICUM IV. THE CUP
He tilled a mighty Cup with it, and sent it down, joining a Herald [to it], to whom He gave command to make this proclamation to the hearts of men:  Baptize thyself with this Cup’s baptism, what heart can do so, thou that hast faith thou canst ascend to Him that hath sent down the Cup, thou that dost know for what thou didst come into being!  As many then as understood the Herald’s tidings and doused themselves in Mind, became partakers in the Gnosis; and when they had “received the Mind” they were made “perfect men.”  But they who do not understand the tidings,these, since they possess the aid of Reason [only] and not Mind, are ignorant wherefor they have come into being and whereby.  The senses of such men are like irrational creatures’; and as their [whole] make-up is in their feelings and their impulses, they fail in all appreciation of those things which really are worth contemplation. These centre all their thought upon the pleasures of the body and its appetites, in the belief that for its sake man hath come into being.  But they who have received some portion of God’s gift, these, if we judge by their deeds, have from Death’s bonds won their release; for they embrace in their own Mind all things

Offline ScientificSorcerer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/04/2013 12:35:58 »
This is a science forum not a religious one. apparently the two are separate. 

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/04/2013 10:41:07 »
You miss the point.  Was our religion influenced by technology introduced by ancient aliens?

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29/04/2013 14:33:29 »
:)

Like NASA run by Aliens, and being a fake too?
Sir, you made me see the error of my thoughts :)
I will now mount my magnifying glass, searching alien life on planet Earth..

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/06/2013 01:06:44 »
In 930 CE, Qarmatian forces slaughtered Muslims praying at the Kaaba and stole away the Black Stone of the Kaaba. They took the Stone to Bahrain to Hajar. The Qarmatians held onto the Black Stone for 22 years.  Muslims pleaded and negotiated with the Qarmatians finally convincing them to return the Black Stone of the Kaaba in return for a large ransom payment.  At the time the story goes that they tried to pass off common rocks as the Black Stone of the Kaaba three times, apparently not wanting to return the true stone.  Three times they presented false stones. The true stone had characteristics in that it would float in water and when heated would remain cool to the touch.  Did the Qarmatians actually return the true stone?  Or did they in those 22 years come up with a facsimile that would be impervious to heat and float, allowing them to maintain possession of the true stone?  Did the Qarmatians bear witness to the true stone and its divine powers?  The characteristics of the stone in the Kaaba seem pale in comparison to its history.  The original stone fell to Earth from the sky and impacted the ground, but did not shatter.  The original stone could float.  The original stone was impervious to heat.  So why is the current stone in the Kaaba broken in pieces?  How is it that in 1916 an Afghani was able to cut off a piece (before losing his head)?  A divine object should be more durable than that.  Perhaps the stone is not the original and the original still resides in the hands of the Qarmatian captors, passed down on familial lines, granting that dynasty extraordinary powers and wealth. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #9 on: 12/06/2013 01:06:44 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums