The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why is there no institution on earth preventing loss of scientific knowledge?  (Read 8755 times)

Offline Wolfhart Willimczik

• View Profile
"Why are you against it to save witchpen?"
I'm not. I just don't believe it exists.
and due to your believe, what is based on a lack of knowledge, you would decide not to save it for the future if you would be one making the selecting process.
This shows exactly my point - we have to save everything what somebody want to save.
You did not even pot this word in Google, because you would has find for instance:

"Witchpen und "Witchpen mal 5" waren intelligente, sehr frühe PC Applikationen für MS-DOS von Hannes Keller, ("Hannes Keller Witch Systems Inc"), dem Schweizer Computerpionier. Seine Programme gehörten zu den ersten mit automatischer Rechtschreibekorrektur und WYSIWYG. "Witchpen" war ab Februar 1983 und "Witchpen mal 5" ab 1988 erhältli...
Gefunden auf http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchpen [nofollow]"
Not even wikipedia could suppress it.
There are over 700 results, but no program any more available.
1.   Witchpen – Wikipedia
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchpen

o   
o   
o   
Witchpen und "Witchpen mal 5" waren intelligente, sehr frühe PC Applikationen für MS-DOS von Hannes Keller, ("Hannes Keller Witch Systems Inc"), dem ...
2.   Biografie - Hannes Keller
www.hanneskeller.ch/index.php?template=1biografie [nofollow]

o   
o   
Zehn Jahre vor Microsoft brachte Keller die automatische Tippfehlerkorrektur auf den Markt (Witchpen, Right und Ways). VOBIS hat drei Millionen PC's mit...
Sie haben diese Seite am 24.04.13 besucht.
3.   Witchpen - Enzyklopädie
www.enzyklo.de/Begriff/Witchpen [nofollow]

o   
o   
Witchpen Witchpen und "Witchpen mal 5" waren intelligente, sehr frühe PC Applikationen für MS-DOS von Hannes Keller, ("Hannes Keller Witch Systems Inc"), ...
Sie haben diese Seite am 24.04.13 besucht.
4.   Keller, Hannes: Witchpen mal 5 - vier Bände komplett im Schuber ...
www.booklooker.de/B [nofollow]ücher/Keller+Witchpen-mal.../A01iqvJN01ZZt

o   
o   
09.12.2012 – Keller, Hannes: Witchpen mal 5 - vier Bände komplett im Schuber – gebraucht kaufen bei booklooker – jetzt online bestellen - A01iqvJN01ZZt.
5.   Sendungsarchiv - Folge 101 vom 24.03.2008 - ComputerClub 2
www.cczwei.de/index.php?id=issuearchive&issueid=133 [nofollow]

o   
o   
o   
24.03.2008 – Zehn Jahre vor Microsoft brachte Keller die automatische Tippfehlerkorrektur auf den Markt (Witchpen, Right und Ways). VOBIS hat drei...
6.   [PDF]
„Hexengriffel" für Juristen? — Das ... - JurPC
www.jurpc.de/jurpc/show?id=iur_1988_0000_0010_0019 [nofollow]...

o   
o   
Textverarbeitungsprogramm „Witchpen. Michael Zurek. Das von HannesKeller gegründete Schweizer Soft- ware-Haus „Witch-Systems" hat mitWITCHPEN ein ...
7.   Übersetzung von Witchpen nach Deutsch - Babylon
uebersetzung.babylon.com › Deutsch Übersetzung

o   
o   
Witchpen und "Witchpen mal 5" waren intelligente, sehr frühe PC Applikationen für MS-DOS von Hannes Keller, ("Hannes Keller Witch Systems Inc"), dem ...
8.   Witchpen - Babylon 9 Translation Software and Dictionary Tool
www.babylon.com/definition/Witchpen/German [nofollow]

o   
o   
9.   WitchPen unter DOS - de.comp.os.msdos | Google Groups
groups.google.at/.../82f6e307d9a56320%3Fq%3D%2522Hannes%2BKe...

o   
o   
19.08.2000 - 2 Beiträge - 1 Autor
WitchPen ist ein Korrekturprogramm für Textverarbeitungen unter DOS von Hannes Keller, dem genialen Schweizer, der zeitweise mit VOBIS ...
10.   Hannes Keller und Witch - Info zur Person - Personensuche Yasni.de
www.yasni.de/hannes+keller/person+information/witch [nofollow]

o   
Info zu Hannes Keller und Witch: Witchpen, Systems AG, 1992, Programm, Thomas, Ways for Windows, Highscreen, Zürich, Autorenkollektiv, ...

But, lets get clear: if you don't believe me a word, why are you still writing here?
But, lets be clear.
All materials are compressible.
We are not in a physics forum discussing effects of higher orders.
Are you mocking me again?
In technical terms liquids are used in every hydraulic, because they are not compressible.
But lets drop it you will never understand what is going on in your refrigerator.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Are you sure you don't mean "let's drop it because you are right. The compressor in a fridge just compresses a gas"?

If there was a good translation program I'd want it not just "saved" but widely used.
However, if there was such a program, how well would it compete with Bing's or Google's translator?
Would it now be redundant?

• View Profile

If there was a good translation program I'd want it not just "saved" but widely used.
However, if there was such a program, how well would it compete with Bing's or Google's translator?
Would it now be redundant?
I see you will never grasp what I said. You are an american - you don't need a translation program.
witchpen is not a simple translation program like everywhere for dummies; it is a writing program for scientists, writers etc in another language what stays and learns with the writer his entire live...It adapts to the writer...you will never grasp it. It is getting better after every use. After a few years one could write in another language like it is your own.
I remember as I came to America and could not speak english I could immediately make phone calls, conversations with this program etc.
This program was not made by a language professor or software engineer, but by a physicist!
This should tell you something. (But probably not.)
It is nothing for you.
Do you know what any translation program is making? Nonsense! If not it would be easy to publish my book in US.
Fact is we loose permanent things of real value and nobody cares.

I could bring endless samples, but even this is total useless.
« Last Edit: 28/04/2013 19:32:24 by Wolfhart Willimczik »

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
"I see you will never grasp what I said."
not without a better explanation.
 "You are an american - you don't need a translation program"
Wrong on both counts. I'm English and I use translators a fair bit. I can just about manage technical French- but for anything else- like that Wiki page you cited, I use a translator.
And, if it could do what you say, how come it wasn't publicised?
You say it let you have conversations when you visited the States.
If I had been a shopkeeper and had seen a "box" that could do that, I would have 'phoned the local papers to tell them about it. I still would.

Do you see why I have doubts that this thing could do what you say?

• View Profile

And, if it could do what you say, how come it wasn't publicised?

It was a sensation in newspapers and won the highest possible price and was forgotten few years later.
That is the reality.
Do you see why I have doubts that this thing could do what you say?

That is the difference between us, you have doubts, lack of knowledge and you are counter productive, I have knowledge and try to do something good.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Newspapers keep archives.
(this is, of course, an example of the knowledge which you claim I don't have, but you claim you do have- in which case, perhaps you can explain why you haven't realised this?).

• View Profile
If it is not on the market it is lost!

Offline cheryl j

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
If civilization collapses tomorrow the big problem will more likely be that none of us really knows how to feed, clothe or shelter ourselves anymore, and will be almost as helpless as children.

• View Profile
If civilization collapses tomorrow the big problem will more likely be that none of us really knows how to feed, clothe or shelter ourselves anymore, and will be almost as helpless as children.

This is a good point. We have already forgotten the most simple things. I tried it by myself ones to survive outside for a while without anything civilization provided. I could not catch a single fish with my hands and was going on the end again in a store to buy food. I studied nuclear physics but on the end I had to admit that nobody did teach me something useful. The first knowledge of earliest mankind should be collected - if still possible - and saved also.
The Egyptians build pyramids to remember them. We should build a pyramid of knowledge...

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
If that is true then the answer to the question "Why is there no institution on earth preventing loss of scientific knowledge? " is obvious- the market doesn't care about everything- only profitable things.
On the other hand if you accept that information can be stored elsewhere- rather than in the shops- then the question is absurd.
There are many such institutions. Newspaper articles and archives, this website and others like it; the patent offices; schools, universities and even TV quiz shows.

Incidentally, re "This is a good point. We have already forgotten the most simple things."
Some of us in the rich first world may have forgotten but many, if not most, of the people on earth remember how to get their own food and clothing because it's what they do every day.

• View Profile
If that is true then the answer to the question "Why is there no institution on earth preventing loss of scientific knowledge? " is obvious- the market doesn't care about everything- only profitable things.

There are many such institutions. Newspaper articles and archives, this website and others like it; the patent offices; schools, universities and even TV quiz shows.

And where do you store this pump - in which uni or in which TV quiz show?

All corporations was forbidden to build any new things I invented. One corporation manufactured against this ban and was destroyed. There is nothing left from this pump. The SSD erased it completely.

This is all what is left of this revolutionary pump

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Oh come on!
What I wrote was "There are many such institutions. Newspaper articles and archives, this website and others like it; the patent offices; schools, universities and even TV quiz shows."
You can do better than that.

• View Profile
Oh come on!
What I wrote was "There are many such institutions. Newspaper articles and archives, this website and others like it; the patent offices; schools, universities and even TV quiz shows."
You can do better than that.

I can, but it seems nobody else.

Offline Bored chemist

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Did you patent it?

• View Profile
Did you patent it?
What do you think?
I did not only patent it, I gave it to the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, the most famous organisation to support inventors, because I was afraid the secret police will be stronger. You may read all details here: (if you have a good translation program)
http://wolfhartindustries.com/a6a2.htm [nofollow]
http://wolfhartindustries.com/a7a.htm [nofollow]

My patent had no effect whatsoever, except it cost money. The organization destroying progress was and is much stronger. How it works you can see on a document from the BLKA (new Gestapo, SSD, Stasi).
Here you have even the name “Wagner” who invented a scientific strategy to destroy scientific information and how to fight against scientists. It seems nobody don’t know that such a strong organization even exist.

"Die Bekämpfung der imperialistischen Ost- und DDR-Forschung und ihrer Einrichtungen in der BRD", Doktorarbeit an der juristischen Hochschule Potsdam von Dr. jur. Hans-Peter Wagner, geb.19.09.1940, Hauptmann des SSD (Staatssicherheitsdienst der ehemaligen "DDR") und Dr. jur. Dietrich Erwin, Major, 18.11.32, JHS, GVS MfS 160 - 50/74 I/II, magna, 31.05.74.

"The fight against the imperialist West and East German research and its facilities in Germany", PhD thesis at the Law University of Potsdam, Dr. jur. Hans-Peter Wagner, geb.19.09.1940, Captain of the SSD (State Security Service of the former "DDR") and Dr. jur. Erwin Dietrich, Major, 18:11:32, JHS, GVS Stasi 160 - 50/74 I / II, magna, 31/05/74.
« Last Edit: 01/05/2013 22:22:35 by Wolfhart Willimczik »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums