The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: The collective mind and the Holographic Universe  (Read 2494 times)

Offline faytmorgan

• View Profile
The collective mind and the Holographic Universe
« on: 25/04/2013 18:35:01 »
In a previous thread I was searching for a way to bend space-time. In that I had found some readings that further explain a separate but connecting idea.
---------------
Assuming the Holographic principle is correct in that we are 2d in reality and our minds (like our eyes - they flip things upside right) we see 3d. The following idea ensues;
---------------
Some background first-
Our brains have neurons that have ions flowing through them to give electrical signals (positive or negative - think 1s and 0s) throughout the mind and body- they are more or less our controlled thoughts. we are basically a computer. this net of ions creates a electromagnetic field. These fields can be read by an Electroencephalograph (or EEG). The EEG has many purposes including virtual entertainment.

Our bodies have an electromagnetic field around them- in particular our skull where the brain (obviously) is. In "Electron Holography" (EH) it is important to shield the interferometric system from electromagnetic fields, as they can induce unwanted phase-shifts due to the Aharonov-Bohm effect (ABE). Static fields will result in a fixed shift of the interference pattern. It is clear every component and sample must be properly grounded and shielded from outside noise.

Link to Aharonov–Bohm effect:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aharonov-Bohm_effect [nofollow]
-------
Idea;
If the universe is an EH then through our thoughts we effect the EH according to the ABE. How far could this be taken? Well, I think considering that our brains just computers that with the correct (code thought) we could go as far as use quantum entanglement teleportation through our mind to send (information) ourselves across the universe. We could bring our own thoughts to existence. We could effect existence (matrix-esk) in that we could, bend a spoon with our mind alone. We could even use the newly (discovered - kind of...) Higgs boson to (give) a lot of mass to fermions and bosons in a particular area to create a space-time bridge and then almost instantly take away the mass once the bridge crossed whilst not effecting the other subsets of space-time. One then could further argue that if this is all true, are we not the ones that form the universe as a collective mind? Are we not part of a larger collective mind that perhaps we are just the subsets of? All of this is totally based on the assumption that the universe is like a hologram AND that we even could find the vibrational code sets to effect it AND we could train our minds to create the code thoughts to effect the hologram with our electromagnetic field.
------------

Some links:
higgs boson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson [nofollow]

holographic universe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle [nofollow]

quantum entanglement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement [nofollow]

Electroencephalography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography [nofollow]
(in video game use)

That all being said. Shoot some holes in the idea!

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: The collective mind and the Holographic Universe
« Reply #1 on: 25/04/2013 18:49:57 »
Idea;
If the universe is an EH then through our thoughts we effect the EH according to the ABE. How far could this be taken? Well, I think considering that our brains just computers that with the correct (code thought) we could go as far as use quantum entanglement teleportation through our mind to send (information) ourselves across the universe. We could bring our own thoughts to existence. We could effect existence (matrix-esk) in that we could, bend a spoon with our mind alone. We could even use the newly (discovered - kind of...) Higgs boson to (give) a lot of mass to fermions and bosons in a particular area to create a space-time bridge and then almost instantly take away the mass once the bridge crossed whilst not effecting the other subsets of space-time.

The real problem with your idea is that it is science fiction.  The mind doesn't effect the universe in the way you suggest (in fact, quantum mechanics places bounds on just how improbable any significant influence will be).  Quantum teleportation doesn't work that way: it requires particles to be entangled, sent to two locations, then additional classical information to be sent between them.  The Higgs boson doesn't work that way: it doesn't create space-time bridges--it describes inertial mass, not gravitational mass--and we certainly can't influence it with our minds.

Offline faytmorgan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25/04/2013 20:25:36 »
Inertial mass will cause gravitational mass, i still propose that gravity doesn't exist in the way we are currently thinking it does. Newtonian physics is flawed. If everything that is has all the information and our mind is part of that everything we already have the information, we just have to remember how to access it.

You see science fiction because you didn't understand my statement. You are looking at a grain of sand that is in the pavement of a large city. Take a step back and read what I wrote again.

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25/04/2013 21:10:46 »
If you're proposing alternatives to physics as its currently understood, your ideas belong in New Theories.  I'm moving this thread there so that you can engage in discussion of alternatives to mainstream physics.

Offline faytmorgan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27/04/2013 03:57:30 »
ok thanks-

i did just verify some of my information with professor nkamp at the u of m. the ions can be interpreted as 1s and 0s.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 27/04/2013 03:57:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length