The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Lowering cholesterol  (Read 28166 times)

Offline martinau

• Live strong!
    • View Profile
Re: Lowering cholesterol
« Reply #25 on: 15/05/2013 11:41:47 »
I just came across the same question I was looking for. My cholesterol level is bad and I recently got my blood analysis to prove it. The doctor was all about eat healthy, maybe light jogging and stuff but how am I supposed to know what to eat, maybe it wont affect my body since no two are the same. So I can see that people here have made some good points... anyways try to read about some effective newbielink: [nonactive] that can help you reduce your bad cholesterol. I hope you see this message after such long time.
« Last Edit: 17/05/2013 10:40:20 by martinau »

Offline werttty

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11/09/2013 08:15:26 »
People who exercise are usually healthy.
Eat light food
Garlic may help protect the heart by reducing cholesterol and making the blood less sticky.
Nuts are very effective at lowering cholesterol levels.
Orange: Sweetest medicine. Taking2-4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent& dissolve kidney stones as well as lessen the risk of colon cancer

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11/09/2013 10:30:49 »
Why bother? The correlation between cholesterol and premature death is much weaker than the correlation between statins and serious degeneration of all sorts of functions. We need cholesterol to make a whole lot of other stuff. If the level is abnormally high, it means that something else is wrong. Treat the cause, not the symptom.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #27 on: 11/09/2013 10:30:49 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums