The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Modified Shadow Theory of Gravity  (Read 1457 times)

Offline John Burnap

• Lover of Science
    • View Profile
Modified Shadow Theory of Gravity
« on: 23/06/2013 01:41:54 »
The shadow theory of gravity (LeSage) fails when you have more than two objects in a straight line. But what If there are no three objects or points in a straight line in the universe? I mean, planets may line up but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are blocking each other's gravity. There's a lot of space between the atoms and within the atoms anyway, and it may be possible there are no three in a row.

It would mean that any three points in the universe would be described by a unique circle. (So no three points could exist in a straight line)

I don't really like an aether or corpuscles idea... There are alternatives to be discussed later.

Thank you,

John

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Modified Shadow Theory of Gravity
« Reply #1 on: 23/06/2013 02:08:12 »
The shadow theory of gravity (LeSage) fails when you have more than two objects in a straight line...

It also fails when you consider the huge amount of heat energy which would be delivered by the hypothetical corpuscles ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Sage%27s_theory_of_gravitation#Recent_activity

Offline John Burnap

• Lover of Science
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23/06/2013 02:39:34 »
Precisely why I do not like the Newtonian corpuscle idea. In fact, I don't believe that there is anything but empty space in between. I like to think that certain quanta are bound on all sides by a process (I like to think of things in terms of computers). I imagine a rule that the process will bind a quantum on all sides, like a ray drawn from infinity that comes from all points in the background. If there is a quantum that interrupts a ray, a quantum that is in its shadow is not bound on all sides and it moves toward the interrupting quantum. This only works if no three quanta are in a straight line.

By the way, this idea of a binding process makes me wonder about a possible relationship to spin and frequency. I mean, it would determine which direction it is being bound from at the moment, and how often it is bound. (Relative to other quanta)
« Last Edit: 23/06/2013 02:48:16 by John Burnap »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 23/06/2013 02:39:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums