The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What's The Truth Behind NLP ?  (Read 3037 times)

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What's The Truth Behind NLP ?
« on: 01/08/2013 23:59:37 »
What's The Truth Behind NLP ?

Dear folks :

Would you , please , be kind enough to enlighten me about the so-called neuro-linguistic programming or NLP ?

I think it's a pseudo-science full of a lots of non-sense , even though it does seem to have some elements of truth , to some extent at least .

Do tell me about it .

Thanks, appreciate indeed.

Best wishes to you all .

michi

Re: What's The Truth Behind NLP ?
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/2013 00:07:26 »
The Wikipedia article on NLP offers a fairly comprehensive assessment. Summing it up, calling NLP "pseudo-scientic rubbish" seems appropriate.

Michi.

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2013 01:22:59 »
The Wikipedia article on NLP offers a fairly comprehensive assessment. Summing it up, calling NLP "pseudo-scientic rubbish" seems appropriate.

Michi.

Indeed.
Thanks , appreciate  .

I would like to hear from people who might have had some personal experiences with NLP as i had, relatively speaking  .

NLP is very suggestive, very misleading and very phony  sometimes  (NLP is even a disgusting fraud sometimes : that reminds me of that "The secret " famous documentary concerning the so-called laws of attraction ...) : it's somehow like a placebo : it does not tell you things you do not know , it's just tries to put you in the "proper " mental climate , so to speak , to "achieve " results : it's litle bit like mysticism : no wonder that it has  some buddhist roots ...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2013 01:22:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums